Work being done at the stadium

Cass316

5 minutes ago, Guard Lane said:

Believe me it looks terrible. I actually like how Windsor Park and other stadiums have mixed up 3 or 4 different colours throughout their seats, looks good and helps disguise the amount of empty seats.

Can't be sure but I think the first stadium to do this was Sporting Lisbon's Estádio José Alvalade when it opened in 2003.

image.png.dafc5930b87cbe356c17cb0bb3b0e5e8.png

On 8/15/2021 at 8:48 PM, Wrangodog said:

The corrugated plastic that extends out from the roof of the stands is filthy. Surely BB would have some contacts that could clean them at a reasonable cost. The other thing that I thought was going to be done is the approaches to the turnstiles behind the Moffat and East stands. Maybe I imagined this but I thought that Hamilton Tarmac were going to do the job.

There has been a small part missing on the left of the Chadwick for years. Wee things like that should be fixed as they occur. 

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Its miles better than it was 10 years ago and that's with a stadium 10 years older.

Stadium was built on the cheap, thankless task trying to maintain it.

Most Barr stadiums haven't aged well but we went for the cheapest of the cheap options from them and it shows.

Hibs, Celtic, Bournemouth, Cheltenham, Bristol are all doing well. Ours is over 25 years old and hasn’t been maintained. All things considered it’s doing ok. 

9 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

Hibs, Celtic, Bournemouth, Cheltenham, Bristol are all doing well. Ours is over 25 years old and hasn’t been maintained. All things considered it’s doing ok. 

Whit?? Have you seen the state of Celtic Park especially around the North Stand - that stadium will need major work very soon. McCann like Fleeting used the cheapest spec possible.

Just now, Guard Lane said:

Whit?? Have you seen the state of Celtic Park especially around the North Stand - that stadium will need major work very soon. McCann like Fleeting used the cheapest spec possible.

Is that the lisbon lions stand, with the shoogly fittings on the roof, about a week after it was completed?

50 minutes ago, Fudger said:

What’s the latest with the portakabins in the Moffat? A couple of boys told us today that is how they are going to be left as they cant be finished with a fascia due to wind concerns…..really hope that’s bollocks as they look dreadful. 

Aye they look terrible left like that…would it also not have made sense to use some of the darker blue seats taken from the top of the Moffat to replace the light blue ones in the bottom corner?

21 minutes ago, KillieDJ said:

Aye they look terrible left like that…would it also not have made sense to use some of the darker blue seats taken from the top of the Moffat to replace the light blue ones in the bottom corner?

Only a nutter would think putting those cabins at the back of a stand was a good idea. It’s not as if we are stuck for space. 

4 hours ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Only a nutter would think putting those cabins at the back of a stand was a good idea. It’s not as if we are stuck for space. 

Exactly this. It's an incredibly stupid idea. We have a huge amount of empty land that could have housed these and to put them at the back of the stand makes no sense. The seats were not costing us anything being there and by removing them we are cutting off potential revenue in the future.

5 minutes ago, gjkillie007 said:

Exactly this. It's an incredibly stupid idea. We have a huge amount of empty land that could have housed these and to put them at the back of the stand makes no sense. The seats were not costing us anything being there and by removing them we are cutting off potential revenue in the future.

If they didn’t put the cabins up there, where would you put them? Guaranteed wherever they put them people would still moan because at the end of the day this forum is full of people who moan for the sake of it.

5 hours ago, Fudger said:

What’s the latest with the portakabins in the Moffat? A couple of boys told us today that is how they are going to be left as they cant be finished with a fascia due to wind concerns…..really hope that’s bollocks as they look dreadful. 

The fascia is for decor only. If there is concerns about the wind that won’t make a difference. 

20 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If they didn’t put the cabins up there, where would you put them? Guaranteed wherever they put them people would still moan because at the end of the day this forum is full of people who moan for the sake of it.

Where the shop was? In the big empty area outside East stand entrance? Behind the East stand?

Edited by gjkillie007

31 minutes ago, a1killiefan said:

Have we shelved the original development plans?

The work that has been done so far, the shop and the memorial garden, doesn't match what can be seen on the planning apllication on EAC's website. ?

There’s been a lot of objections to the plans from the local residents I’m lead to believe. 

I had a quick wander into the memorial garden yesterday before the game. Can someone remind me what it’s all about? Inscribed paving referred to presumably former players killed in the first and second world wars. Is it going to be developed to commemorate fans that have passed away?