League reconstruction

Jasg

52 minutes ago, Estragon said:

How can we as a united support effectively communicate to the board that we don't want them to support this?

Contact the trust, [email protected]  

The supporter's association @KFCSA1869 on the twitter,

Cathy J [email protected]

The SLO [email protected] .

Pick one, and pass it on. 

Proper letter type contact, if you can. Keep the heid, and explain your reasoning in a cool, calm and collected manner. 

11 hours ago, Gary malcolm said:

Personally I see this as a way of the old filth trying to fill their stadiums every week. Why go to rugby park or Pittodrie when you can come see the stars of the future every second week. It will lower the away support in the main teams games. Thus giving less money to other teams

Can’t have it both ways. We’ve actively encouraged reducing Old Firm tickets in recent seasons and I doubt many on here would say our experience as Killie fans was worse because of it. Reduced income perhaps, but a better match day experience for the home fan. I like this ‘people over profit’ stance. 

The old firm fans have no interest in watching their "colt" teams.

Look at the attendance at the irn-bru cup over the past few years for example.

14 August 2018    Annan Athletic    4–0    Celtic U21s 
Attendance: 266

14 August 2018    Rangers U21s    1–2    Falkirk 
Attendance: 636

6 August 2019    Berwick Rangers    1–2    Rangers U21s   
Attendance: 303

6 August 2019    Queen's Park    2–2(3–4 p)    Celtic U21s  
Attendance: 321

Edited by dumpweed

5 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

The old firm fans have no interest in watching their "colt" teams.

Look at the attendance at the irn-bru cup over the past few years for example.

14 August 2018    Annan Athletic    4–0    Celtic U21s 
Attendance: 266

14 August 2018    Rangers U21s    1–2    Falkirk 
Attendance: 636

6 August 2019    Berwick Rangers    1–2    Rangers U21s   
Attendance: 303

6 August 2019    Queen's Park    2–2(3–4 p)    Celtic U21s  
Attendance: 321

This doesn’t fit the agenda, shame on you for highlighting facts. 
Shame our media don’t pick up on this??????

33 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

Can’t have it both ways. We’ve actively encouraged reducing Old Firm tickets in recent seasons and I doubt many on here would say our experience as Killie fans was worse because of it. Reduced income perhaps, but a better match day experience for the home fan. I like this ‘people over profit’ stance. 

I didn't say it as a We should get more of the old filth into our stadium.i said it as a general they want an even bigger share of the pie than they already get. The next thing will be the colts old firm game on sky taking even more money away from other clubs. This should be killed off with no chance of revisiting it. Like I said earlier bring back the reserve league 

Not sure if its been said already but someone raised a good point on pie and bovril about this.

Colts would save these two having to release players at an early age and end up having to pay big money to re sign them at a later date. Theyve been priced out of re signing Mcginn and Robertson and had to stump up £3m for David Turnbull, £2m ??? for Greg Taylor.

They get to hoard more players and avoid paying out transfer cash to the diddies.

It also gives them leverage over parents who are wary of letting their kid sign for those two. The likes of Accies can offer a pathway to first team football over those two right now.

That advantage is removed if they are allowed "colts".

It's one big swiz. 

Edited by red_dug

1 hour ago, red_dug said:

Not sure if its been said already but someone raised a good point on pie and bovril about this.

Colts would save these two having to release players at an early age and end up having to pay big money to re sign them at a later date. Theyve been priced out of re signing Mcginn and Robertson and had to stump up £3m for David Turnbull, £2m ??? for Greg Taylor.

They get to hoard more players and avoid paying out transfer cash to the diddies.

It also gives them leverage over parents who are wary of letting their kid sign for those two. The likes of Accies can offer a pathway to first team football over those two right now.

That advantage is removed if they are allowed "colts".

It's one big swiz. 

If they had colt teams then and these players weren’t let go, would they have become the international players they have? I keep hearing that it could benefit the NT, but it could also seriously harm it. 

1 hour ago, Gary malcolm said:

I didn't say it as a We should get more of the old filth into our stadium.i said it as a general they want an even bigger share of the pie than they already get. The next thing will be the colts old firm game on sky taking even more money away from other clubs. This should be killed off with no chance of revisiting it. Like I said earlier bring back the reserve league 

Reserve league was absolute mince.Teams had to be made up from local juniors and boys club player.There was even times the manager / coach played to make the numbers up.Teams consisted of players coming back from injury using the game for a run out ,a few youngsters many who never got near the 1st team and guys deemed surplus looking to be moved on.Some of the players involved wouldn’t get a game for Shortlees.

25 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

If they had colt teams then and these players weren’t let go, would they have become the international players they have? I keep hearing that it could benefit the NT, but it could also seriously harm it. 

The national team is absolutely the last thing on the minds of the SFA and SPFL. All they care about is keeping two clubs ‘happy’

27 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Reserve league was absolute mince.Teams had to be made up from local juniors and boys club player.There was even times the manager / coach played to make the numbers up.Teams consisted of players coming back from injury using the game for a run out ,a few youngsters many who never got near the 1st team and guys deemed surplus looking to be moved on.Some of the players involved wouldn’t get a game for Shortlees.

I don't doubt the first part, but plenty of pro/semi pro 'footballers' wouldn't get a game for Shortlees (have you watched them over the last few years? I have, to my great pleasure). Several of Killie's first team squad would've been laughed at if they'd appeared at Burnpark, looking for a game!  

44 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

And what standard do you think these colt teams will be playing against in the lowest league. It won't be much better if at all. 

47 minutes ago, GT said:

I don't doubt the first part, but plenty of pro/semi pro 'footballers' wouldn't get a game for Shortlees (have you watched them over the last few years? I have, to my great pleasure). Several of Killie's first team squad would've been laughed at if they'd appeared at Burnpark, looking for a game!  

Don't talk absolute garbage. Shortlees are a great amateur team but to suggest several Killie players wouldn't have got a game is absolutely nonsense.

48 minutes ago, Gary malcolm said:

And what standard do you think these colt teams will be playing against in the lowest league. It won't be much better if at all. 

Probably the same standard or slightly higher but the difference being they will all be trying and no one will be out for a run about to test there fitness or just to make up the numbers 

8 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

Don't talk absolute garbage. Shortlees are a great amateur team but to suggest several Killie players wouldn't have got a game is absolutely nonsense.

I didn't say Killie players wouldn't get a game, I said they'd have been laughed at.  It was a slightly tongue-in-cheek comment; however, I laughed at some of their 'efforts' last season, so I'd imagine the Shortlees boys would have a chuckle, too.....

40 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

All bought off with a "sweetener" of a little over £1k each.

No promotion thou as part of the agreement.... 

The  money is going to the league.  No money directly to the clubs.   Dalbeattie Star were one of the clubs who voted against them being admitted.

36 minutes ago, DG5 said:

The  money is going to the league.  No money directly to the clubs.   Dalbeattie Star were one of the clubs who voted against them being admitted.

Maybe not directly but don't you think the £25k entry fee will filter down to clubs eventually?

At the end of the day, in their eyes they saw pound signs and the majority voted for what they saw as best for their league solely, short term.

On 6/30/2021 at 8:58 AM, CB said:

Contact the trust, [email protected]  

The supporter's association @KFCSA1869 on the twitter,

Cathy J [email protected]

The SLO [email protected] .

Pick one, and pass it on. 

Proper letter type contact, if you can. Keep the heid, and explain your reasoning in a cool, calm and collected manner. 

As it stands the Club are going to be involved with talks about league reconstruction and as yet not one of our fans has actually contacted the club directly about the idiocy of the 'colt' teams getting brought into the mix. It would be a good idea if we could start contacting them now so that they are in no doubt about where we stand on this.

I dare say that goes if you think its a good idea as well....get a pen and a bit of paper and write down why you think its a good idea...then set fire to it and go and give yourself a good shake.

1 hour ago, baz said:

As it stands the Club are going to be involved with talks about league reconstruction and as yet not one of our fans has actually contacted the club directly about the idiocy of the 'colt' teams getting brought into the mix. It would be a good idea if we could start contacting them now so that they are in no doubt about where we stand on this.

I dare say that goes if you think its a good idea as well....get a pen and a bit of paper and write down why you think its a good idea...then set fire to it and go and give yourself a good shake.

The Killie Trust could organise a quick poll on behalf of their members? Should give the club a good idea of what fans feelings are on the matter.

4 hours ago, baz said:

If the club needs the fans to tell them it’s a s**t idea then we need a new board!