Summer Transfer Window

31 minutes ago, piffer said:

Silly season starting to kick off again.

Man City alleged to be close to a £100million deal for Jack Grealish. Also linked with a £30million deal for “Rangers flop” Umar Sadiq whose enjoyed good form since leaving them. 

Just a normal window for city really.

58 minutes ago, piffer said:

Silly season starting to kick off again.

Man City alleged to be close to a £100million deal for Jack Grealish. Also linked with a £30million deal for “Rangers flop” Umar Sadiq whose enjoyed good form since leaving them. 

If this comes will it not read “ former Sevco ace Sadiq” or the inevitable “ I learned so much and am a better player for being honoured to play with Sevco “ ?

Been fairly quiet so far in terms of actual transfers , has left “reporters” down south to drum up clicks with numerous so called in the know rumours….

Come end of this month should see few so called big deals happening which will then have usual domino effect on other deals , number of the top clubs in England are seeking a striker but with the ludicrously high value put on the big name forwards, even the rich clubs may need to offer players in part exchange or have to ship out a few to get the funds needed 

19 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Been fairly quiet so far in terms of actual transfers , has left “reporters” down south to drum up clicks with numerous so called in the know rumours….

Come end of this month should see few so called big deals happening which will then have usual domino effect on other deals , number of the top clubs in England are seeking a striker but with the ludicrously high value put on the big name forwards, even the rich clubs may need to offer players in part exchange or have to ship out a few to get the funds needed 

That’s it, 6/7 top Clubs plus Arsenal all looking for a striker. Clubs will have a hard time finding one for the right price and is going to produce consistently. A classic number 9 is hard to come by even at the highest level. 

7 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

Been more high profile free transfers this summer than I can think of recently. Alaba, Depay, Wijnaldum, Aguero, Garcia, Young all moved already and Ramos still to announce his new club.

Having a read through some stuff today. Plenty of clubs have high earning dead wood they need to cut loose before they’ll really be in a position to do anything.

Was also wondering who is having the Euros that will potentially earn them a big move. Standout one at the moment is Locatelli of Italy 

33 minutes ago, piffer said:

Was also wondering who is having the Euros that will potentially earn them a big move. Standout one at the moment is Locatelli of Italy 

Denzel Dumfries getting talked up, really enjoyed watching him. Gosens was getting talked up pre tournament and is living  up to it in dysfunctional squad. 

The daily notifications about Man Utd being close to buying Sancho from the Sky Sports app is getting annoying. It was the exact same last summer.

It’ll be interesting to see how much is spent this summer compared to previous years after a year with a vastly reduced income

"Liverpool forward Liam Millar is expected to join 20-time Swiss Championship title-winners FC Basel this summer.

The ECHO understands the Canadian international forward is close to agreeing personal terms after a second seven-figure bid was accepted by Liverpool on Friday.

Millar, 21, made 27 appearances for Charlton Athletic on-loan in League One last term and was attracting interest from the Championship but Basel can offer Europa Conference League football.

Liverpool rejected an opening bid for Millar at the start of the week but Basel eventually met the asking price and are close to confirming a deal."

28 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

United signing Sancho. 

£90 million. Incredible from Dortmund, wanted £100 million last season, Sancho has an average season, can’t get a game for basic England and they’ve still got £90 million for him. Crazy.

16 goals and 19 assists (more than Ferndandes...) an average season? He looked class any time I watched Dortmund. Going to be fun to watch in the Premiership

19 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

16 goals and 19 assists (more than Ferndandes...) an average season? He looked class any time I watched Dortmund. Going to be fun to watch in the Premiership

He got that this season? 

No idea why I thought he wasn’t getting on as well, my bad.

Still, mental money. I would agree it may well be fun to watch him but that’s if United him play him correctly. Be interesting to see who he comes in for. They’d be as well cashing in on Martial.

13 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

He got that this season? 

Still, mental money. I would agree it may well be fun to watch him but that’s if United him play him correctly. Be interesting to see who he comes in for. They’d be as well cashing in on Martial.

Spurs for Martial I've seen in the rumours. For all the attacking talent United have, none of them are naturals on the right. Think that will make a difference. Won't count for much if its still McFred and that defence as the spine though... 

17 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

He got that this season? 

I thought similar to yourself. I think it was just because there was less hype about him this year. Haaland grabbing all the attention and Bellingham the new kid on the block being talked about. 

7 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

Sancho will be an incredible signing for United.

Still need a holding centre mid and a top centre back and then I think they can mount a serious title challenge. 

And a top keeper, a top left back, a top right back and a top Striker.

And of course, a top manager.

Not too far away. 

1 minute ago, Guff92 said:

And a top keeper, a top left back, a top right back and a top Striker.

And of course, a top manager.

Not too far away. 

Shaw was one of the stand out left backs in the league last season. De Gea is on the slide but I still reckon Henderson can be a top keeper. Wan-Bissaka has improved going forward and think Dalot might come back to provide some competition, was great out on loan last season and was pretty impressed with him in the Euro’s.

Cavani, Greenwood and Rashford and bad options up front either …

1 minute ago, Skora11 said:

Shaw was one of the stand out left backs in the league last season. De Gea is on the slide but I still reckon Henderson can be a top keeper. Wan-Bissaka has improved going forward and think Dalot might come back to provide some competition, was great out on loan last season and was pretty impressed with him in the Euro’s.

Cavani, Greenwood and Rashford and bad options up front either …

Was one of how many stand out left backs? The league is full of good left backs, shaw nowhere near being the best. 

Henderson made a few boo boos.

AWB is well down the pecking order of right backs in the league.

Cavani is their only top top class striker and he’s old. Could do with signing someone else to replace him long term. 

Rashford is too hot and cold for me. Good guy but he’s not lived up to expectations on the park the past year or so. 

Expect the top 4 to be the same as this year, possibly in a different order.

15 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Was one of how many stand out left backs? The league is full of good left backs, shaw nowhere near being the best. 

Henderson made a few boo boos.

AWB is well down the pecking order of right backs in the league.

Cavani is their only top top class striker and he’s old. Could do with signing someone else to replace him long term. 

Rashford is too hot and cold for me. Good guy but he’s not lived up to expectations on the park the past year or so. 

Expect the top 4 to be the same as this year, possibly in a different order.

Shaw was definitely near the top of best left backs last season. Name 3 that were better if he wasn’t close? Would like to hear that list.

You are right about Henderson but still think he can be a top goalkeeper. Even the best make some howlers, like Allison last season too.

Again I agree on AWB but not many, if any, beat him in a 1 v 1 and can see him improving season on season like he done there. 

Greenwood is there for the long term, Cavani will still bang them in short term. 

Should be a good season next season anyway, can’t see City running away with it again.

27 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Not this season, my brother in law supports your kob and even he said Shaw has been the best LB in rhe EPL by some margin this year.

Nah, not having that.

Robertson was my player of the season, his standards never dropped when the team were struggling.

Shaw definitely had his best season in a United shirt, not disputing that.