Summer Transfer Window

On 6/30/2021 at 10:30 PM, Guff92 said:

Was one of how many stand out left backs? The league is full of good left backs, shaw nowhere near being the best. 

Henderson made a few boo boos.

AWB is well down the pecking order of right backs in the league.

Cavani is their only top top class striker and he’s old. Could do with signing someone else to replace him long term. 

Rashford is too hot and cold for me. Good guy but he’s not lived up to expectations on the park the past year or so. 

Expect the top 4 to be the same as this year, possibly in a different order.

Hope im wrong Oil sheiks, Liverpool, Chelsea, and Man u in that order.

2 hours ago, piffer said:

Kounde heading to Chelsea by the look of things.

Varane could be a great piece of business for United. In the top five for his position in the world IMO and far superior to anything they have on their books.

The Spanish clubs seem to be trying to get their houses in order a bit more. Although they’re having to do it in the process of major rebuilds. Madrid have a few highly rated kids coming through. Chust, Blanco and Miguel all very well thought of and seen as the next generation. A big gamble replacing top players with them. 

Just seen that. Do Chelsea need another CB? 

Varane in the top 5? Who is the top 5?

I find that Matip should be more respected. He’s solid and Liverpool’s win ratio with him and Van Dijk as a pairing is superb. Solid no nonsense defender who likes to sometimes do those mental runs like big Sissoko did for killie ?

51 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Just seen that. Do Chelsea need another CB? 

Varane in the top 5? Who is the top 5?

I find that Matip should be more respected. He’s solid and Liverpool’s win ratio with him and Van Dijk as a pairing is superb. Solid no nonsense defender who likes to sometimes do those mental runs like big Sissoko did for killie ?

Van Dijk, Ramos, Varane the top three for me. I’m struggling to complete the top five. So many names come to mind.

14 minutes ago, piffer said:

Van Dijk, Ramos, Varane the top three for me. I’m struggling to complete the top five. So many names come to mind.

Dias would be my 4th. His signing alone helped City retain the league IMO. 

Going by the euros, Bonnuci or Chielini need to be up there regardless of their age.

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

Dias would be my 4th. His signing alone helped City retain the league IMO. 

Going by the euros, Bonnuci or Chielini need to be up there regardless of their age.

So true re Bonnuci and Chielini. Plus they are stronger together than individuals x2. That’s often the problem with best of lists of individual players. Can neglect partners in defence, midfield or attack, can neglect how a player is embedded in a team.

1 hour ago, trenwick said:

well grealish going to man city for 100 million think it might rule us out...

This for me is a great example of how f**ked modern day football is. 
A guy who is now 25 years old, won absolutely nothing. He’s been pretty meh up until the past 12 months and even then he’s been overhyped by the English press given his colour and nationality. Add the fact he looks like an absolute walloper.

He’s nowhere near the level of Foden and he’s 4 years younger. 

Never worth £100 million. 

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

This for me is a great example of how f**ked modern day football is. 
A guy who is now 25 years old, won absolutely nothing. He’s been pretty meh up until the past 12 months and even then he’s been overhyped by the English press given his colour and nationality. Add the fact he looks like an absolute walloper.

He’s nowhere near the level of Foden and he’s 4 years younger. 

Never worth £100 million. 

He counts towards their quota of homegrown players in Europe and it means the other big English clubs can’t sign him. 
I hope they have a good penalty taker

30 minutes ago, Nigel4 said:

He counts towards their quota of homegrown players in Europe and it means the other big English clubs can’t sign him. 
I hope they have a good penalty taker

I don’t think the other big English clubs would want him. They have better players in that position. 

He’s just sooooo over priced. 

14 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

I don’t think the other big English clubs would want him. They have better players in that position. 

He’s just sooooo over priced. 

Can remember comments from someone years ago when asked about signing foreigners instead of English. Basically saying you got more quality for your money because English players are overpriced.

Man Utd fans are not to happy they thought they had him.

@TheUnitedLatest posted: "It will be a sad day once Jack Grealish becomes a City player. Always followed Villa games just to watch him play. One of the most exciting players in English football right now. We all know he likes United, but it just wasn't meant to be." 

Grealish is a talented player but not worth a £100 million but teams in the EPL live in a different world .£20 million reported bid for Edouard says it all 

1 hour ago, Killiepies said:

Man Utd fans are not to happy they thought they had him.

@TheUnitedLatest posted: "It will be a sad day once Jack Grealish becomes a City player. Always followed Villa games just to watch him play. One of the most exciting players in English football right now. We all know he likes United, but it just wasn't meant to be." 

Grealish is a talented player but not worth a £100 million but teams in the EPL live in a different world .£20 million reported bid for Edouard says it all 

Nah I honestly don’t get it. 

United have Bruno and Sancho who will flourish next season and I’ll go on record and say both of them will have a better season than Grealish.

The cringe whenever he came on in the euros like Messi was making a return from injury ??  

Edited by Guff92

£110M for that Alice band poseur? - total joke. Runs about in circles and throws himself down like Kane on speed. Only illustrates the obscene amounts of money and the ridiculous amounts of hype in the English Premier League 

Edited by KenVaagen1984