Kirk Broadfoot reckons Alex Dyer should have been given more time.

Kirk Broadfoot reckons Alex Dyer should have been given more time.

“I couldn’t believe it. I genuinely thought we had a good enough squad to stay in the league. I still believe that we did, but for one reason or another it didn’t happen and it hurt.

I don’t know if we got as big a lift from the new manager coming in. Maybe we were so close to Alex that we were all hurting from him losing his job.

I think social media had a part to play in him losing his job. Do I think we should have stuck with Alex? In my opinion I don’t think we would have got relegated with Alex Dyer as the manager.”

The 36-year-old former Scotland stopper admits he was tempted to hang up his boots but says he is ready for a new challenge. I had two weeks where I thought it was time to pack it in.

But I still have a burning desire to play and I have been in at Queen of the South training. I have the buzz back and I have had a few offers in the last couple of days.

Last season didn’t end well and I probably shouldn’t have played the last few games at Kilmarnock as I was injured. But I was trying to help the team stay up.

I feel great and I am as fit as I have ever been.”

Did really well for us after a slow start. Left at the right time. 

All things considered bringing him back to the club is up there with one of the worst decisions in our recent history. Not only for how poorly the team performed but for the message it sent out. Classless, clueless dimwit of a guy. 

2 hours ago, Allan said:

"Maybe we were so close to Alex that we were all hurting from him losing his job."

They hardly played their hearts out when he was there.

I expect Broaders & co led the mourning/moaning in the dressing. Most of the rest were probably glad or indifferent.

It didn't need social media to get him sacked after performances like the last one against St Johnstone.

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

It didn't need social media to get him sacked after performances like the last one against St Johnstone.

If social media had anything to do with it he’d have been gone long before he was. In fact he might never have gotten the job in the first place if the board considered the reaction on social media.

Twitter wasn’t the problem Kirk you were