Ayr Utd Game

MarkyMark

What are the club’s proposals for the Ayr game given that we have sold over 3,000 ST’s. Will it be a free draw or will they hive some tickets off for a privileged few before having a ballot like they seem to have done for the play off. They need to be more transparent this time given the number of ST’s sold. The other alternative is to ask for a higher capacity given that we have 18,000 seats minus the areas being worked in. If families sit in bubbles we should be able to squeeze a few more in. 

2 minutes ago, Berts Killie said:

ST holders who had bought a Privilege Seat should be the first to get a ticket. That was the deal when they were sold the seats under Bobby Fleeting.

Yes it was a long time ago but that was the deal and should continue to be so.

Provided the holder kept up their end and continuously purchased season tickets for it?

2 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

I think there should be a case for asking for this to be postponed for a week or so. Surely to allow at least all season ticket holders in or the SPFL should compensate lost income

TV money not cover this ? (no guarantee the re-arranged fixture would be on the box?) 

The announcement said 2k minimum with extensions that can be allowed per application. Surely we apply for this to be extended? I can't see there being a problem for such a big fixture to get additional number given the size of the game, size of the stadium and it being the week before restrictions are planned to be removed?

12 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

I think there should be a case for asking for this to be postponed for a week or so. Surely to allow at least all season ticket holders in or the SPFL should compensate lost income

You can't shuffle fixtures around based on tentative dates set by government.

And there's no legal grounds for the SPFL to compensate. I don't even know how a claim could be quantified as the match is being televised which would impact the gate anyway. There's no recent matches between the clubs on which to estimate the crowd.

We just need to get on with it. 

Anything less than all season ticket holders who want to attend at the game is an embarrassment IMO.

Felt we should have been pushing harder for more than 500 at the Dundee game. They’ve had that educational experience or whatever they called it now so get the fans access.

They need to come up with some sort of fair ballot or rotation system for this season or at least as plan b

I’m 100% sure the club will apply for an increased limit. It would be a slap in the face to fans if the club was continuing to push ST take-up beyond 2,000 but not intending to apply for a substantial increase. There are many loyal walk-up fans - the club should be fighting for them too.

Edited by Alan R

Transparency is the key. Whatever the number is the club need to be transparent in how tickets are being allocated and if they are deducting an amount from that total for sponsors etc.

Ayr Utd will also want some tickets. They may get none for normal fans depending on the restrictions. 

The club also need to apply for as many tickets as possible so that as many ST holders can attend as possible. Walk ups are more difficult to deal with as it is difficult to estimate those. I think non ST holders would have to purchase a ticket in advance if they can be accommodated. 

Edited by MarkyMark

58 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Ayr Utd will also want some tickets. They may get none for normal fans depending on the restrictions. 

The club has to put home fans, especially STHs, first.

Ayr can whistle for it, just as we might have to in some away matches.

Edited by skygod

9 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

If there’s still a max of 2,000 fans allowed into this game with everything else that’s gone on between other sports and off the ball politics I give up. 

Except it's not a max, we can ask for more.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

The club has to put home fans, especially STHs, first.

Ayr can whistle for it, just as we might have to in some away matches.

Away teams will get tickets for directors and some non playing staff,20/30 tickets would be my guess 

3 hours ago, piffer said:

Anything less than all season ticket holders who want to attend at the game is an embarrassment IMO.

Felt we should have been pushing harder for more than 500 at the Dundee game. They’ve had that educational experience or whatever they called it now so get the fans access.

They need to come up with some sort of fair ballot or rotation system for this season or at least as plan b

Very true about the Dundee game - however we dodged a bullet by not being there.