Larne Match Fred

C4mmy31

1 minute ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Its weird, I think there's a player in there. He's definitely in the Sean Clohessy/Alex Pursehouse/Chris Chantler bracket but he seems to continually be meh.

Not seen the goals today though so no need to slaughter him yet!

You don't need to see todays goals to know he's a weak link.... last season proved it on many ocassions.

Kilmarnock: Draw to end pre-season trip

Killie’s pre-season trip to Northern Ireland was brought to a close with a 2-2 draw with Larne at Inver Park.

Having scored the winner in the midweek win over Linfield, Innes Cameron made it two goals in as many games, converting from the penalty spot after eight minutes after Jason Naismith was pulled down in the penalty area.

The home side were using the match as preparation for their upcoming European tie but it was Tommy Wright’s men who looked sharper on the ball in the opening stages.

Fraser Murray had already seen one strike hit the crossbar before he notched his first Killie goal after 20 minutes. The attacker picked the ball up outside the area and drove towards the box before unleashing a crisp strike which beat Larne goalkeeper Rohan Ferguson.

The home keeper was called into action once more, saving well with his legs as he denied Cameron a second goal from Burke’s pinpoint cross.

More slack play at the back from Larne gave Cameron another opportunity to add to his tally but Ferguson again managed to smother the ball on the line.

The second half was feisty with a few flashpoints but little goalmouth action until the home side shocked Killie with two goals in as many minutes.

The Northern Irish side found space to the left of the Killie defence and Lee Lynch placed his strike into the corner of the net.

Larne were level on 70 minutes when Mark Randall found Ronan Hale unmarked in the box to sweep home to the delight of the home fans.

Several Killie players were introduced into the action including Aaron McGowan, Calum Waters and Tomas Brindley as we look ahead to the start of our Premier Sports Cup campaign against East Kilbride next Saturday.

Killie XI: Hemming, Naismith (McGowan 72′), Sanders, E.Murray, Haunstrup (Waters 72′), McGinn, Lyons, Burke (McKenzie 63′), Armstrong (Brindley 80′), F.Murray, Cameron

4 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

What does that say about Waters then - who whenever he came in looked even worse?! Still think its harsh beyond belief to criticise him for goals that none of us have even seen today!

Waters was playing with a hernia which reached a stage he couldn't play until he had surgery.... I think today sums him up when he's been hauled off and replaced by Waters immediately after both goals.... but you batter on with the Haunstrup love in.

3 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Waters was playing with a hernia which reached a stage he couldn't play until he had surgery.... I think today sums him up when he's been hauled off and replaced by Waters immediately after both goals.... but you batter on with the Haunstrup love in.

"Haunstrup love in"?! WTF?! I said he's been "meh" for Killie. I happen to think neither of our current left backs are probably good enough.

• CB unpinned this topic
13 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Its pre-season, and only the second time rhis team have okayed together.  Its about fitness and TW and the side finsing the right balance, formation ang starting 11.

Get a grip FFS.

44 minutes ago, GCM said:

Unless you've actually seen the goals, how can you criticise anyone.

It’s like the radio fans before live streams that would criticise off amateur standard radio cover. 

Its pre season Let’s just get Fit and a strong squad prepared for coming back up at first attempt