Larne Match Fred

C4mmy31

25 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Should still be taking goals of teams like Larne friendly or not 

A team ahead of us in preseason preparation,a team with a settled squad(who are in Europe) v a team of new arrivals playing there 2nd game together!

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Waters was playing with a hernia which reached a stage he couldn't play until he had surgery.... I think today sums him up when he's been hauled off and replaced by Waters immediately after both goals.... but you batter on with the Haunstrup love in.

Love in? All he said is you can't assume he's at fault for either goal ?

22 minutes ago, Killie Conman said:

Spoke to a Larne fan all second half

He said Killie could easily have been up 4 or 5 at half time and he was right

Their keeper Rohan Ferguson (ex QoS) had 3 fantastic saves before half time

Big Innes could easily have had a hat trick

Unlucky with a point blank header from a superb Burke cross, which the goalie saved, but should have given the goalie no chance with a shot from a cut back from the right

Fraser Murray took his goal superbly, turning away from his man and guiding an excellent shot into the net

As for the Larne goals 

Slack pass from McGinn gave away possession, from which Lee Lynch scored with an excellent diagonal shot past Hemming Into his right hand corner

A minute later a quick break led to their second

Lovely little slide pass from the Larne right, left a one on one with Hemming for Ronan Hale and he made no mistake

Didn't think Haunstrup to blame

Was just good quick play from Larne

Keeper little chance with either

We were excellent first half and I was surprised at how well we were gelling 

Second half we looked a wee bit leggy

To be expected after the exersions of pre season and Wednesday's game

Plenty positives

I am sure there will be 4 or 5 signings yet

We still have Stokes, Alston, Polworth, and Robinson to add into today’s team, no chance we’ll be signing another 4/5. Will be Jack Hamilton and a starting striker at most I’d imagine 

29 minutes ago, Killie Conman said:

Spoke to a Larne fan all second half

He said Killie could easily have been up 4 or 5 at half time and he was right

Their keeper Rohan Ferguson (ex QoS) had 3 fantastic saves before half time

Big Innes could easily have had a hat trick

Unlucky with a point blank header from a superb Burke cross, which the goalie saved, but should have given the goalie no chance with a shot from a cut back from the right

Fraser Murray took his goal superbly, turning away from his man and guiding an excellent shot into the net

As for the Larne goals 

Slack pass from McGinn gave away possession, from which Lee Lynch scored with an excellent diagonal shot past Hemming Into his right hand corner

A minute later a quick break led to their second

Lovely little slide pass from the Larne right, left a one on one with Hemming for Ronan Hale and he made no mistake

Didn't think Haunstrup to blame

Was just good quick play from Larne

Keeper little chance with either

We were excellent first half and I was surprised at how well we were gelling 

Second half we looked a wee bit leggy

To be expected after the exersions of pre season and Wednesday's game

Plenty positives

I am sure there will be 4 or 5 signings yet

f**k sake Haunstrup.

2 hours ago, CB said:

Rory on for Burke

2-1 now

2-2.

?

(Disclaimer. Would the sensitive souls of the Rory Appreciation Society please note this is just a bit of pre-season satirical humour and in no way implies any sort of correlation between Rory’s arrival as a second half substitute and the subsequent and sudden concession of two goals, resulting in a match drawn from what looked like a very comfortable winning position. Any complaints about the content of this post should be addressed to @Guff92. Thank you.) 

19 minutes ago, Jackwilson said:

We still have Stokes, Alston, Polworth, and Robinson to add into today’s team, no chance we’ll be signing another 4/5. Will be Jack Hamilton and a starting striker at most I’d imagine 

I can still see us signing a keeper, a couple of forwards and a centre back on a mixture of contracts and loans. TW appears to want competition in every position and we still look a bit light in those areas. 

Agreed with Zorro. This was a pre-season game with a team who met seven days ago or so. Coupled with the fact that we had trained day before etc it’s to be expected. The most important game is Ayr at Rugby Park. Anything else before that, including the cup, is for building up fitness and getting the team to gel. 

59 minutes ago, Stefanus said:

2-1 now

2-2.

?

(Disclaimer. Would the sensitive souls of the Rory Appreciation Society please note this is just a bit of pre-season satirical humour and in no way implies any sort of correlation between Rory’s arrival as a second half substitute and the subsequent and sudden concession of two goals, resulting in a match drawn from what looked like a very comfortable winning position. Any complaints about the content of this post should be addressed to @Guff92. Thank you.) 

Correlation does not equal causation