Larne Match Fred

C4mmy31

Murray did play as a striker supporting Cameron. I watched Murray in the warm up when the strikers were doing shooting practice and he strikes the ball cleanly and was the best finisher of all the strikers. If we don’t sign another striker I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays up front. 

McGinn, E Murray, Sanders, Lyons, F Murray were the stand out performers for me. Cameron should have scored more than one goal. 

Armstrong tried hard but didn’t create much. Naismith was solid. Thought MacGowan did well when he came on. 

Two goals in quick succession down the left side. We seemed to collapse from a dominant position.

Haunstrup didn’t stand out at all. Left back is still an issue for me. Good cover at right back. 

Central defence was good both Sanders and E  Murray happy to play passes from the back. Less aimless punts than last year. 

We lack a bit of creativity and cutting edge. 

I think the 3 goalies will be Hemings, Hamilton and Doyle. You don’t take Hamilton to NI for a week if you have no intention of signing him. 

We need a creative midfielder unless Polworth is fulfilling that role and a at least one more striker. We had a lot of possession in the first half but didn’t cut Larne open often enough. We controlled the game in the first half and the second until Larne scored and then we collapsed and could have as easily lost as won the game in the last 20 minutes. 

The central defenders looked good and most of the play went through McGinn and Lyons. Armstrong didn’t create anything down the left with Haunstrup. 

3 hours ago, MarkyMark said:

Murray did play as a striker supporting Cameron. I watched Murray in the warm up when the strikers were doing shooting practice and he strikes the ball cleanly and was the best finisher of all the strikers. If we don’t sign another striker I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays up front. 

McGinn, E Murray, Sanders, Lyons, F Murray were the stand out performers for me. Cameron should have scored more than one goal. 

Armstrong tried hard but didn’t create much. Naismith was solid. Thought MacGowan did well when he came on. 

Two goals in quick succession down the left side. We seemed to collapse from a dominant position.

Haunstrup didn’t stand out at all. Left back is still an issue for me. Good cover at right back. 

Central defence was good both Sanders and E  Murray happy to play passes from the back. Less aimless punts than last 

We lack a bit of creativity and cutting edge. 

2 hours ago, MarkyMark said:

I think the 3 goalies will be Hemings, Hamilton and Doyle. You don’t take Hamilton to NI for a week if you have no intention of signing him. 

We need a creative midfielder unless Polworth is fulfilling that role and a at least one more striker. We had a lot of possession in the first half but didn’t cut Larne open often enough. We controlled the game in the first half and the second until Larne scored and then we collapsed and could have as easily lost as won the game in the last 20 minutes. 

The central defenders looked good and most of the play went through McGinn and Lyons. Armstrong didn’t create anything down the left with Haunstrup. 

Funny how we all look at games and see them differently

To me Fraser Murray definitely didn't play as a striker yesterday

He got forward quickly to support when he could, but Cameron was a lone striker

I saw it as a 4-2-3-1

Hemming

Naismith  Sanders E Murray  Haunstrup

Lyons       McGinn 

Burke       F Murray      Armstrong

Cameron

You say we didn't cut Larne open enough enough

I thought we totally carved them up in the first half

We could and should have been at least 4-0 up at half time, probably more

Cameron missed 2 golden chances alone

As I said Larne fans agreed with that

If we make 4 or 5 clear cut chances in the first 45 this season and finish better, I will be happy

I actually though McGinn struggled a wee bit yesterday

Looked a wee bit slow and laboured at times

Maybe the tough pre season is in his legs

Gave ball away a couple of times including for the first goal

I am not sure when the squad is finalised, that he will be a certain starter

Agree that Armstrong didn't have a great game

You didn't mention Burke who had his usual bits of trickery and got a few excellent crosses in as well

I don't agree that there was a collapse

We gave possession away from a sloppy pass for their first and they finished it well 

We went to sleep for the second and got caught on a fast break, which happens many times after a goal

Wouldn't call it a collapse

Opinions, eh?

Edited by Killie Conman

4 hours ago, Killie Conman said:

Funny how we all look at games and see them differently

To me Fraser Murray definitely didn't play as a striker yesterday

He got forward quickly to support when he could, but Cameron was a lone striker

I saw it as a 4-2-3-1

Hemming

Naismith  Sanders E Murray  Haunstrup

Lyons       McGinn 

Burke       F Murray      Armstrong

Cameron

You say we didn't cut Larne open enough enough

I thought we totally carved them up in the first half

We could and should have been at least 4-0 up at half time, probably more

Cameron missed 2 golden chances alone

As I said Larne fans agreed with that

If we make 4 or 5 clear cut chances in the first 45 this season and finish better, I will be happy

I actually though McGinn struggled a wee bit yesterday

Looked a wee bit slow and laboured at times

Maybe the tough pre season is in his legs

Gave ball away a couple of times including for the first goal

I am not sure when the squad is finalised, that he will be a certain starter

Agree that Armstrong didn't have a great game

You didn't mention Burke who had his usual bits of trickery and got a few excellent crosses in as well

I don't agree that there was a collapse

We gave possession away from a sloppy pass for their first and they finished it well 

We went to sleep for the second and got caught on a fast break, which happens many times after a goal

Wouldn't call it a collapse

Opinions, eh?

I agree Cameron was playing more as a loan striker with Murray supporting him but there were times that Murray was advanced and playing alongside him. We probably should have been more than 2 ahead at half time. Cameron’s header from a bbBurke cross and Cameron’s weak shot cone to mind. However, we didn’t create that much in the second half. Also I’m not sure what you’d call losing 2 goals in quick succession from being 2 nil up if not a collapse.

Larne brought some of their better players on at half time and got more into the game. 

Most of the play went through McGinn or Lyons. I expect McGinn to play most games if fit. 

We knocked the ball about better than last season but there are still frailties including losing goals and not closing out games from a winning position. 

Can’t take too much from a pre season friendly giving how much work will have been done on fitness in the time over there it’s not surprising we dropped out the game second half. Hopefully this week we now see a striker or 2 coming in and maybe another couple of players to add extra quality and competition 

worth nothing aswell the players that never featured in these games, Robinson, stokes, polworth. I’d expect they 3 too be starters every week 

11 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

For East Kilbride with everyone fit who we currently have who do you start? 

Hemming

Naismith Murray Stokes Waters

Burke McGinn Lyons  Murray 

Polworth 
                  Cameron 

For me. 

McGinn the only question mark for me. I’d go with everyone else though. Brindley or Alston are the alternatives I’d have though if we run with 4-4-1-1 (4-2-3-1)

2 minutes ago, Maverick11 said:

McGinn the only question mark for me. I’d go with everyone else though. Brindley or Alston are the alternatives I’d have though if we run with 4-4-1-1 (4-2-3-1)

I think 

Back five pick themselves if fit. Assuming Burke Lyons Mcginn are stick ons. Alston I think will be back up player. Murray has started better than Armstrong and Rory is reliable. Polworth not featured much which is a shame as he’s a starter.

39 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

For East Kilbride with everyone fit who we currently have who do you start? 

Hemming

Burke McGinn Lyons  Murray 

Polworth 
                  Cameron 

For me.

Only change id make would be Armstrong for McGinn and change the formation go a bit attacking. The team for me.

Hemming     

Lyons

Burke.                                 Armstrong

Polworth 

Murray Cameron 

15 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

I noticed a few fans managed to get into Larne game, I thought it was restricted to their season ticket holder’s. 

Got a couple of members on here, that live over there. Maybe saw £150 as a 'reasonable' amount to see your team for the first time in a ice age. Can always punt your ticket on after to a fan. Perhaps they went down the CQN route and sponsored the match/ball to get in. 

Killie fans always seem to find a way.

1 hour ago, killie billies pal said:

I noticed a few fans managed to get into Larne game, I thought it was restricted to their season ticket holder’s. 

38 minutes ago, CB said:

Got a couple of members on here, that live over there. Maybe saw £150 as a 'reasonable' amount to see your team for the first time in a ice age. Can always punt your ticket on after to a fan. Perhaps they went down the CQN route and sponsored the match/ball to get in. 

Killie fans always seem to find a way.

Got a ticket online when they went on general sale on Thursday

Probably between 30 and 40 Killie at the game

About a dozen in the Club at the ground from opening time

They couldn't have been more welcoming

The Larne FC chairman came round and introduced himself to every Killie fan

Told us he was so pleased to see us and thanked us for coming over

They had a wee outdoor Fanzone next to Club with a big screen

Edited by Killie Conman

I can’t see Stokes, Alston or Robinson being fit for Sat. The 3 of them were doing light running drills and no more at the Larne game. I can’t see them being brought into the team without any game time. I think the team for the EK game will be very close to the lineup against Larne. 

1 hour ago, MarkyMark said:

I can’t see Stokes, Alston or Robinson being fit for Sat. The 3 of them were doing light running drills and no more at the Larne game. I can’t see them being brought into the team without any game time. I think the team for the EK game will be very close to the lineup against Larne. 

I wonder if the Kilwinning game was pushed back a day to try to give one or two of them a chance to recover enough to appear?

11 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

I wonder if the Kilwinning game was pushed back a day to try to give one or two of them a chance to recover enough to appear?

Could be but it would be a major risk to bring in two or three players that have had no game time in the week away. As I said they were doing running drills only so can’t be fully fit yet as they weren’t even on the bench. If they play a part against EK I expect it will be as substitutes rather than starters. E Murray and Sanders looked good at the back and comfortable on the ball.