Off topic guff (Split from Season ticket deal (Split from Season Tickets))

7 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

The only thing that may slow things down will be further restrictions in regards to access to games.

Never agree with Hearts normally but they are right to ask why Murrayfield was allowed 16,000 while they are at 500, the stadiums are apart by a set of railway lines. 
let’s hope sanity arrives

Clearly they're on the wrong side of the tracks..... 

....ill get me coat! 

11 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

The only thing that may slow things down will be further restrictions in regards to access to games.

Never agree with Hearts normally but they are right to ask why Murrayfield was allowed 16,000 while they are at 500, the stadiums are apart by a set of railway lines. 
let’s hope sanity arrives

You know the answer - class bias. The egg chasers are good chaps who are civilised and can be trusted but football fans are not and can not. f**king hate rugby. 

23 minutes ago, carpetfitter said:

You know the answer - class bias. The egg chasers are good chaps who are civilised and can be trusted but football fans are not and can not. f**king hate rugby. 

To be fair they've earned it. We are all linked with Celtic and Sevco whether our fans behave or not. Who sticks up for our teams ? Diddy man Doncaster, so no in surprise we can't get more than a few thousand. 

Two of my employees were at Murrayfield last weekend at the Rugby and according to them it was a shambles. Police closed the bars and food outlets due to the chaos. But that's ok for the rugger chaps to behave like that ! Class bias indeed. Our football clubs need to unite and challenge why these daft rules are being imposed on us while other sports and pursuits are enjoying greater freedom. Has anyone seen the tennis this past week ? Not much social distancing going on there.

49 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Two of my employees were at Murrayfield last weekend at the Rugby and according to them it was a shambles. Police closed the bars and food outlets due to the chaos. But that's ok for the rugger chaps to behave like that ! Class bias indeed. Our football clubs need to unite and challenge why these daft rules are being imposed on us while other sports and pursuits are enjoying greater freedom. Has anyone seen the tennis this past week ? Not much social distancing going on there.

Said it before Sturgeon hates football.

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

Wimbledon is a Test Event

As a result ticket-holders for The Championships will be required to follow strict entry requirements and provide consent to participate in the ERP’s science-led programme.

All ticket-holders attending The Championships will be required to show proof of COVID status upon entry, either in the form of both vaccinations (first and second dose), and with the second dose 14 days ago; or a negative lateral flow test (for those aged 11 and over). 

Proof of a negative lateral flow test taken within 48hrs of attending the event can be displayed via SMS text, or via email. 

Proof of vaccine can be displayed via the NHS App, NHS website or by downloading and printing off a PDF through the App or website. 

A non-digital letter is also available through the NHS website using the ‘Get your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination status letter’ service or by phoning 119. 

Users of the NHS App will also be able to show their natural immunity (through a positive PCR test in the last 180 days) through the NHS App.

Ticket-holders will be required to wear face coverings while moving around the Grounds. To further trial the suspension of Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions (face coverings and social distancing), the use of face coverings and social distancing will not be mandatory while ticket holders are seated while at the venue. 

This will enable ticket-holders to sit with any guest at any time, both in the court and in food and drink spaces, however we expect there still to be a form of social distancing around the Grounds, particularly in managing any queues.

In order to manage the flow of movement, the Grounds will open at the earlier time of 10am, with play commencing on outside courts at 11am, on No.1 Court at 1pm and on Centre Court at 1.30pm. 

As agreed with the Government, The Championships 2021 will begin on Monday 28 June with 50 per cent capacity across the Grounds. Stadium capacities for Centre Court and No.1 Court will open at 50 percent capacity, while the smaller Show Courts will be permitted to open at 75 percent capacity from Monday 28 June.

For the Fourth Round and Quarter-Finals, we aim to increase Centre and No.1 Courts allocations, along with a number of Grounds Passes, and for the Semi-Finals and Finals, we aim to have 100 percent capacity on Centre Court, with a small number of tickets on No.1 Court and Grounds Passes. 

There may be further sales to come during the Fortnight depending on the progress of our capacity modelling in partnership with Merton and the Events Research Programme team. 

We encourage members of the public to take note of the obligations, particularly relating to Covid-status certification, before purchasing a ticket. If you have been double vaccinated, please allow enough time to go through the steps to display this within the NHS App, as it requires some personal information from you in the form of a photo and video. All tickets will be displayed via the Official Wimbledon App (Wimbledon 2021), and must be produced, along with photo ID, on arrival at the AELTC.

We will be participating in the sport-wide ‘For the love of sport campaign’, in partnership with the SGSA, DCMS and other sports bodies, to encourage ticket-holders to behave responsibly when attending The Championships. Any ticket-holder wishing to return their ticket will be eligible for a refund (which, for the purpose of Debenture ticket-holders shall be the face value of the public ticket for the applicable day) provided that they return their tickets at least 24 hours before their visit. However, if any individual develops COVID symptoms, receives a positive test result or is identified as a close contact less than 24 hours before their visit, we ask that they contact our Ticket Office. 

As communicated previously, players, their support teams and officials will be part of a Minimised Risk Environment both onsite and at the official hotels, with an approved testing programme in place in order for them to qualify for exemption from general public quarantine requirements and to protect the health and safety of all. The requirement for the Minimised Risk Environment is unaffected by the participation of The Championships in the Events Research Programme.

We will continue to consult closely with the Government and local leaders and directors of public health to consider both local and national epidemiological data in the lead up to the event.

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

I gave up half way through whats your point ? Can tennis fans do tests prior to events that football fans can't ? It's all bollocks anyway we have had restrictions for 16 months, 80% of the country are vaccinated supposedly ! Yet the Daily and weekly cases keep rising. Should we all just hide in the house forever ? And by the way I have  lost 2 close friends to Covid one 49 one 59 so I know the impact it has had. But these restrictions are strangling out of life as we know it. AS someone said on another thread if you want to go to the football go if you don't then don't but stop dictating to us how we live our life. All that's required is some common sense.

My point was Wimbledon is a test event. Thought that was obvious - call it an info post.  Happy to help. I even posted details on the protocols those attending are to follow regarding vaccinations and testing. Perhaps if the test event proves a success other large sporting events can proceed with similar protocols - you know like football.

Just to be clear, I did not determine the requirements for said test event nor do I endorse them. I did think it informative to demonstrate what is being asked of those wishing to attend are asked to follow as, like you, I am a football fan who wants to return to watching live football.

15 hours ago, Gaffer said:

I gave up half way through whats your point ? Can tennis fans do tests prior to events that football fans can't ? It's all bollocks anyway we have had restrictions for 16 months, 80% of the country are vaccinated supposedly ! Yet the Daily and weekly cases keep rising. Should we all just hide in the house forever ? And by the way I have  lost 2 close friends to Covid one 49 one 59 so I know the impact it has had. But these restrictions are strangling out of life as we know it. AS someone said on another thread if you want to go to the football go if you don't then don't but stop dictating to us how we live our life. All that's required is some common sense.

Have you been out and about lately? I was in Edinburgh last week for a few nights and then Glasgow yesterday - its a free for all. The 'restrictions' at the minute are very limited when it comes to your daily lives. Other than wearing a mask some places and table service it almost felt like things were back to a semblance of normality. 

Football will be next - as will gigs etc and I imagine what you said will actually happen in a way. Once enough people are double vaccinated then events will restart but I imagine we'll all have to sign a waiver along the lines of "I understand if I catch COVID its not the club/venues responsibility and I will still self-isolate etc etc". 

Unfortunately, just have to power through the next month or so until enough folk have had the second jab and then look forward to life improving soon enough. 

3 hours ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Football will be next - as will gigs etc and I imagine what you said will actually happen in a way. 

Unless all these convenient "test" events for the tennis fans, rugby fans and of course Englands remaining footy matches  result in such an increasing wave of infection and hospitalisation that we go back to square one. Infections went down significantly last summer before we had a vaccine. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that things may deteriorate as autumn approaches. Who knows for sure. It's all guesswork. Depressing.

57 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Unless all these convenient "test" events for the tennis fans, rugby fans and of course Englands remaining footy matches  result in such an increasing wave of infection and hospitalisation that we go back to square one. Infections went down significantly last summer before we had a vaccine. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that things may deteriorate as autumn approaches. Who knows for sure. It's all guesswork. Depressing.

i went to the test match at edgbaston a few weeks ago. it was a test event with 80% capacity. there hasnt been any related spike synced that event as far as i can tell. 

1 hour ago, Shropshire_killie said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that things may deteriorate as autumn approaches.

I would say it's inevitable, especially after Johnston has dispensed his wisdom in the next hour or so.

Edited by skygod

11 minutes ago, Bhamkillieken said:

i went to the test match at edgbaston a few weeks ago. it was a test event with 80% capacity. there hasnt been any related spike synced that event as far as i can tell. 

I've heard it's increasing in Brum tho BKK. Down your way at hozzy tomozza so guess will get some viewpoint from there too. I won't be surprised if Terminus date becomes Terminus + date. 

2 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

I've heard it's increasing in Brum tho BKK. Down your way at hozzy tomozza so guess will get some viewpoint from there too. I won't be surprised if Terminus date becomes Terminus + date. 

yep loads of school bubbles are going at the moment, with hot spots like tamworth and bromsgrove. but i havent seeny anything directly related to the test match, whilst a fair few would be from brum it does attract a wide audience so would have thought we would have heard if the match itself was partly to blame. 

good luck at heartlands.

17 hours ago, Bhamkillieken said:

yep loads of school bubbles are going at the moment, with hot spots like tamworth and bromsgrove. but i havent seeny anything directly related to the test match, whilst a fair few would be from brum it does attract a wide audience so would have thought we would have heard if the match itself was partly to blame. 

good luck at heartlands.

Cheers BKK. Staff are amazing here.