Squad 21/22 As it Stands

hindes57

Just missing a number 9 and a 13 (Jack Hamilton)?

Goalkeepers

1 Zach Hemming

16 Colin Doyle

34 Curtis Lyle

Defenders

22 Jason Naismith

6 Chris Stokes

14 Jack Sanders

5 Euan Murray

3 Brandon Haunstrup

2 Aaron Mcgowan

18 Calum Waters

Midfielders

19 Liam Polworth

17 Brad Lyons

15 Fraser Murray

4 Stephen Mcginn

8 Blair Alston

11 Daniel Armstrong

32 Tomas Brindley

29 Chris Burke

7 Rory Mckenzie

Forwards

10 Scott Robinson

25 Kyle Connell

20 Innes Cameron

13 could be deemed unlucky? If so why did Doyle not get that number, there being no number that means ‘pish’?

I always laugh in the Far East when there is no 4th floor in buildings because the number 4 means ‘death’. I imagine buildings where there is a number 4 in the lift and the average local punter’s unwillingness  to press it cracks me up.

Returning to the point the absence of a 9 gives me anxiety and hope in equal measure 

Let's hope we can scrape into the playoffs!

Quality needed to get out of this league. We have about 5 players who are good enough to play in the premiership. Another concern is IF we do get promoted, we've got a lot of championship fodder on 2 year contracts. It's going to be a struggle either way for the next few years!

39 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

Quality needed to get out of this league. We have about 5 players who are good enough to play in the premiership. Another concern is IF we do get promoted, we've got a lot of championship fodder on 2 year contracts. It's going to be a struggle either way for the next few years!

To me it looks like a very strong squad for the Championship, barring a number 9. A good mix of youth and experience, with a fair chunk of the squad having had premiership experience.

The bookies certainly seem to disagree with you anyway.

1 hour ago, Twonky65 said:

Fans of every team in the championship are moaning about the quality in there squads,some one has to win it and it’s going to be us!!!!

Wonder how livingston managed to get promoted and get to a cup final. Half of their players were remnants of the team they had in league 1.

I like to look at it as we've given hungry, up and coming players a chance at getting to the premiership and then if we get there they have a chance to keep us there. 

It will be a big challenge for us to draw real quality, we are fishing in the same pond as the premier league teams still and given the choice majority will go with premier league side.

That being said any quality we do get should be better than the rest of the league.

My god man. The beginning of every season is where you can hope, dream and imagine that it will be a year of total success and everything goes your way. 

There will be plenty time to get bogged down in the reality over the next 9 months.

Its sunny outside with blue sky try being a bit more optimistic. 

Aside from strikers, I'm pretty positive about that team. Looking forward to the new season. 

My niggling worry is that it might be the sort of team where Wright is trying to win every game by the odd goal, and one that doesn't leave much room for error if we go on a bad run. 

But positive overall and I think we'll do more business. 

There has been such a turn over of new players and I don’t really know enough about them to make a confident prediction of how we will do but I do feel we need another striker. 
Also I don’t know the quality of two of the goalkeepers and I know the third one is crap. Hugely disappointed he is back at the club. After last season where lack of a decent goalkeeper was one of the main reasons we got relegated I’d be fuming if we didn’t learn our lesson properly and missed out on promotion because of this. Some on here are questioning Hamilton, I don’t know him but that’s a concern. The feedback I had from opposition about Rodgers and Doyle last season was spot on and they caused us big time. 
Also disappointed that Power has left. Thought a role sitting in front of the back four was tailor made for him unless TW is intending to play a different system.

bookies are confident about it but as we all know we never do things the easy way so i dont see us winning the league at a canter.   

Edited by historyman

12 minutes ago, historyman said:

There has been such a turn over of new players and I don’t really know enough about them to make a confident prediction of how we will do but I do feel we need another striker. 
Also I don’t know the quality of two of the goalkeepers and I know the third one is crap. Hugely disappointed he is back at the club. After last season where lack of a decent goalkeeper was one of the main reasons we got relegated I’d be fuming if we didn’t learn our lesson properly and missed out on promotion because of this. Some on here are questioning Hamilton, I don’t know him but that’s a concern. The feedback I had from opposition about Rodgers and Doyle last season was spot on and they caused us big time. 
Also disappointed that Power has left. Thought a role sitting in front of the back four was tailor made for him unless TW is intending to play a different system.

bookies are confident about it but as we all know we never do things the easy way so i dont see us winning the league at a canter.   

Just as a matter of interest for the person who red posted what don’t you agree with - are you happy with the strikers you have, are you happy with the three goalies we have including Doyle, are you happy Power has left, do you think we will the league at a canter or  any combination of these?

Think most fans are just hoping it’s the start of a new era , a total overhaul was needed and a number of the signings look promising given the league we are in, though as yet possibly still lacking that extra quality one or 2 players that could make a difference in tougher games during the season  ……might change by end of the transfer window hopefully

May take a few games to get things fully settled down , but even with so many changes vital to get off to a decent start in the league 

It would be guesswork to suggest that the current squad are good enough to take us up. We are short in the striking area and the quality of the goalkeepers are also unknown. Worrying that we are so dependent on Burkie for creation and also helping out with goals. The League Cup will hopefully provide answers as to the quality of the new signings. Hopeful but not confident.

Looks a good squad for that division bar a striker.The rest of the division seem to have the same problem bar ICT.Any decent strikers in the championship are usually snapped up pretty quickly .We will only know how good (or bad ) they are once they start playing but I am pretty hopeful 

3 hours ago, Skora11 said:

To me it looks like a very strong squad for the Championship, barring a number 9. A good mix of youth and experience, with a fair chunk of the squad having had premiership experience.

The bookies certainly seem to disagree with you anyway.

The bookies had us staying up comfortably and we saw where that went 

27 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

It would be guesswork to suggest that the current squad are good enough to take us up. 

A lot of new names, most of whom I dont recognise at all. So I am not in any position to take a view at all on how things will turn out. I need to see several games first.

The bookies seem to have us favourites but that is probably just based on budgets which may well prove to be a deciding factor ... or not, who knows.

Looking forward to actually getting back into the ground.

I think we’ll stroll the league. Offer that squad to any other manager or rival fan in the division and they’d snap your hand off for them. And that’s before the squad is even complete. Once we’ve got all our bodies in we will be miles in front in terms of quality. 

19 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I think we’ll stroll the league. Offer that squad to any other manager or rival fan in the division and they’d snap your hand off for them. And that’s before the squad is even complete. Once we’ve got all our bodies in we will be miles in front in terms of quality. 

No guarantees but if they cant get out of the league in 1 season with the biggest budget, parachute payment and a decent manager God help us.