Loan report 21/22

piffer

9 minutes ago, ElectroLeviathan said:

Apols If missed elsewhere but if Connell is away to East Fife on loan, hopefully The club are close to a deal on another striker to come in. 

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/connell-joins-east-fife-until-january/

Pushing our own talents to the back again with the signing of Burrell.

This move is crazy from us imo considering Connell has twice as much experience as burrell has. 

Will wish him the best of luck thought.

Just now, Fletch said:

Are we though? Surely it's better for his development playing out on loan while we loan in another cover player than if he sits here not playing?

I agree. Connell would play 20 minutes here and there if he's lucky here this season. 

Get the lad a full season playing. I was hoping it would of been Alloa or Falkirk or a high end league 1 side at least though 

12 minutes ago, ElectroLeviathan said:

Apols If missed elsewhere but if Connell is away to East Fife on loan, hopefully The club are close to a deal on another striker to come in. 

I really don't get this one! Bringing in the untested burrell and sending connell out when he has better experience of Scottish football. I was expecting Connell to get minutes for us this season.

5 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I agree. Connell would play 20 minutes here and there if he's lucky here this season. 

Get the lad a full season playing. I was hoping it would of been Alloa or Falkirk or a high end league 1 side at least though 

Are East Fife part-time? If so, he will likely be back at Rugby Park for training (obviously not the days he will be training with East Fife) during the week and hopefully getting a good amount of mins at the weekend with East Fife

22 minutes ago, ElectroLeviathan said:

Feel bit sorry for the player thought he could done a job from the bench this season , can only hope another loan and regular first team starts will help him

I'm sure Connell will have a future here, so it makes sense to get as many professional minutes on the pitch as possible. Seeing him pre-season he looks a completely different person from the wee boy that came on against Queens Park. Not sure if it's been a growth spurt or if he's been putting in the time in the gym when he was out at Airdrie but he looks a more powerful player in the space of a year. Hope he does well in his loan and comes back the better for it.

3 hours ago, Killiecal said:

I was freelancing at the East Fife - Alloa game today - so got a good look at Connell although gutted to have missed Palmerston.  

Played very well as the lone striker against three physical centre halves and a lot of experience in Andy Graham and Mark Durnan. 

Linked the play well, both at holding up the ball as well as running in behind. Some great touches to bring the midfield into play. Was unlucky not to score first half and linked up well with Jamie Semple - ex-Motherwell. 

Spoke to Connell after the game and a nice lad as well, hope he continues to impress and comes back in January with some more goals under his belt. 

Great post

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...