Dylan McGowan

Scouser2

6 minutes ago, FTAD said:

It's absolutely fair to say that some of the Western Sydney Wanderers fans do not rate him one bit.

"An absolute useless f**k. As mobile as a fridge"

"Was a decent CB, it's shocking to see how s**t he's become."

Folk said that Grant Hanley was like a fridge too and he was Scotland's best CB this summer. McGowan will be here as third choice CB or to cover RB in an emergency - so I'm not going to lose much sleep over the views of A-League fans.

54 minutes ago, FTAD said:

It's absolutely fair to say that some of the Western Sydney Wanderers fans do not rate him one bit.

"An absolute useless f**k. As mobile as a fridge"

"Was a decent CB, it's shocking to see how s**t he's become."

Wish they’d stop holding back and tell us how they really feel ?

We have signed a few in this bracket during the window. A lot of Falkirk fans in disbelief we’ve taken on Alston. After initially being quite pleased with the signing of Lyons, I’ve subsequently learned St Mirren fans don’t rate him highly.

I would like to think everyone gets a clean slate when they come through the door. We’ll judge them on what they do in a Killie shirt only

7 minutes ago, bizza_89 said:

Wish they’d stop holding back and tell us how they really feel ?

We have signed a few in this bracket during the window. A lot of Falkirk fans in disbelief we’ve taken on Alston. After initially being quite pleased with the signing of Lyons, I’ve subsequently learned St Mirren fans don’t rate him highly.

I would like to think everyone gets a clean slate when they come through the door. We’ll judge them on what they do in a Killie shirt only

Lyons was at St Mirren a wee while ago, Alston will be playing with better players, as would McGowan.

We've seems and raging that we have signed players and theyve turned out to be honking and the reverse has happened.

As you say lets judge them over their killie career.

5 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Lyons was at St Mirren a wee while ago, Alston will be playing with better players, as would McGowan.

We've seems and raging that we have signed players and theyve turned out to be honking and the reverse has happened.

As you say lets judge them over their killie career.

The number of players who’ve went from zero to hero with a change of manager or team is many .

I’d say TW knows what he’s doing unlike his predecessor . 

The club is pleased to announce the signing of Dylan McGowan on a two-year deal, subject to Scottish FA approval.

The 29-year-old Aussie becomes our 14th summer recruit at Rugby Park after leaving A-League side Western Sydney Wanderers.

Having left his homeland at an early age, the 6ft 1′ defender made his professional debut in Scotland after joining the academy at Heart of Midlothian.

After six years in Gorgie, he returned to Australia and joined hometown team Adelaide United where he won a top-flight title and the FFA Cup. A senior cap for the national team soon followed along with spells playing in Portugal, South Korea and Denmark.

Now he’s looking forward to playing his part in Tommy Wright’s Rugby Park rebuild after agreeing a contract until 2023.

Dylan said: “It’s been a bit of whirlwind having touched down from Australia but I’m delighted to be here and I’m looking forward to helping the club.

“I’m looking forward to playing in a new team and for a great club like Kilmarnock so I’m excited to get to started.

“I think with every move you grow a little bit and I’ve had a career which has taken me to a lot of places that I didn’t think I’d go to but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it and I’ve learned along the way.

“I’m someone who will always give 100% for the club and I’ve spoken to the gaffer about where he’ll use me in different parts of the game.”

Edited by C4mmy31

4 hours ago, bizza_89 said:

A lot of Falkirk fans in disbelief we’ve taken on Alston.

I’m in disbelief that we’ve taken Alston. To be fair most of the other signings would get at least pass marks -some more from me- but Alston was the one that scared me (coming early on). I’d be surprised if he gets a look in when others fit. Dylan will be decent squad member imo.

14 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I’m in disbelief that we’ve taken Alston. To be fair most of the other signings would get at least pass marks -some more from me- but Alston was the one that scared me (coming early on). I’d be surprised if he gets a look in when others fit. Dylan will be decent squad member imo.

To be fair your the expert in players who canny run.

6 hours ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Folk said that Grant Hanley was like a fridge too and he was Scotland's best CB this summer. McGowan will be here as third choice CB or to cover RB in an emergency - so I'm not going to lose much sleep over the views of A-League fans.

Except the people who watch Grant Hanley every week are fairly complementary of him.

Regardless I'll take the boy as I find him, assess him in his own merit in a Killie jersey. 

Nonetheless, I'm glad your sleeping pattern remains unperturbed. 

As far as I’m concerned every one of the 14 new signings are to be judged. They all have the opportunity to show us what they can do irrespective of the their reputation, good or bad. 
Not all 14 will be a success that’s for sure but all we need are enough of them to work out to get us back up. That’s all that matters this year and I’d like to think TW is a good enough manager to build a team to deliver that. It certainly looks like he’s got what he wants in terms of recruitment, there can be no excuses. I’d still like to see a striker though. 

Edited by historyman