Premier Sports Cup Ticket Ballot

Bellman2010

7 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

There is no guarantee that more than 2k will be allowed 12k was guaranteed at Hamden before the tournament started.Have clubs to apply on a weekly basis? 

12,000 wasn't "guaranteed". In fact the Scottish Government said on a number of occasions that the number could be subject to change.

Hampden had to go through the same process to be allowed 12,000 fans for games in the Euros which looked at a number of factors - social distancing while seated in the stadium; a large number of entrance/exit points with staggered entry times so bottlenecks don't form; the potential increase in public transport etc.

When a major tournament comes along like the Euros - things can be done to mitigate the issues that we simply can't do. ScotRail and FirstBus put on more services around matchdays e.g. and obviously that's not financially viable for a Kilmarnock game. That will be one of the reasons why we're stuck at 2000 so how do we change that? All successful people in the ballot to return a form to the club detailing how they plan to get to the game? Then the club has a bank of data to present saying that maybe only 300 plan on taking public transport and that issue is then resolved.

As long as the club is working on resolving the issues keeping us at 2000 for now then I'm happy to wait.

As a new season ticket holder I can't lie I'm a bit annoyed by the format of the Ballot. Last year we sold around 2700 season tickets, we don't know yet if all of those 2700 renewed this year. Not all of the people who renewed will attend the cup games due to not wanting to risk it yet/ work/ holidays/ money etc. So potentially a lot of people could end up getting to both games while not a single new season ticket holder gets the chance to go to one of the games.

I get the club is trying to reward people who renewed for supporting the club but that's what the discount, limited edition top, priority for away day tickets is for. Home cup games should be opened to all season ticket holders as we are all supporting the club we love. 

At the very least a 2nd ballot for new season ticket holders could be run at the same time so if the renewals don't fill the 2000 allocation for either game it can then be filled with new season ticket holders.

Given the short timescale not sure what else club could at this late stage , hope there is some transparency as to when application was made and why no more was allowed by the council given size of the stadium , and any work they have asked club to do is done well before the opening league game to give a bigger capacity 

Hopefully after August 9th there won’t be as many barriers/ council approval steps to go through 

Edited by Scouser2

2,700 at most  loyalty season ticket holders  in ballot

Email says if you get selected for Morton game, then you are excluded from ballot for 2nd game

Only 700 will miss out on Morton game, so surely approx 1300 could get to both games?

More, if fans don't take up option of inclusion

Edited by Killie Conman

2 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

I think those that renewed last year and didn't exercise the option of a refund have every right to be front of the queue for such tickets.

I do agree with the 2nd point though, hopefully they have a plan if all 2k tickets aren't sold by those that have renewed.

That was up to the individual person to decide. How many new season ticket holders who were sitting on the fence could be put off buying one if this is the way they are going to be treated? Are the club going to apply the same rules of people who renewed get first dibs for league games if it is still a reduced capacity allowed? 

I couldn't afford a season ticket last year but was able to buy one this year. I've no problem whatsoever with those who renewed getting first dibs on cup tickets. Less than 3 weeks away from the opening game of the season however and there's been no transparency around ballots for that game.

I understand the situation is changing all the time but if the club came out and said "whilst restrictions are in place a ballot of all season ticket holders will be held for games, with those unsuccessful getting first option on the next home game" then we'd have a better idea where we all stand.

38 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Its not a maximum of 2000. Clubs can apply for larger numbers and I imagine some will be granted it. 

My biggest worry is whether Killie have taken the council's rejection on a larger number and are working behind the scenes to fix some of the issues ahead of the Ayr game.

Rangers weren't for Saturday and they've got over 50,000 seats....

13 minutes ago, MuirP said:

That was up to the individual person to decide. How many new season ticket holders who were sitting on the fence could be put off buying one if this is the way they are going to be treated? Are the club going to apply the same rules of people who renewed get first dibs for league games if it is still a reduced capacity allowed? 

Cup games and league games are totally different. A cup game with a reduced capacity, they need to try and get the tickets to the loyal customers, nobody can complain at that.

For a league game that you've already bought a ticket for, of course you'll be in the ballot.

Looks like you're looking for a problem to suit yourself here.

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Cup games and league games are totally different. A cup game with a reduced capacity, they need to try and get the tickets to the loyal customers, nobody can complain at that.

For a league game that you've already bought a ticket for, of course you'll be in the ballot.

Looks like you're looking for a problem to suit yourself here.

Not looking for a problem at all just discussion. Naturally on a personal level I'm disappointed by the announcement like many as I'm desperate to go to the games but I'm one of the ones who have been told flat out they can't go. Not even in the hat.

In regards to the league games how many people who bought a season ticket last season were raging after the Dundee game? Expecting a ballot of 500 but after the game when they realised all those priority individuals (MPs etc) who were at the game meant the ballot was less than 500? The club wasn't exactly transparent with that information so people were left annoyed as they had bought a ticket but was really unlickley they were going to get a ticket.

I understand not everyone can be accommodated into RP and people will miss out. But there are ways new season ticket holders can be incorporated into the ballots where the majority of the seats will go to renewals and the minority to new season ticket holders.

Bit of a farce. I was in the EK end on Saturday and while there were a small number of supporters in the stand it only has four rows and doesn't run the full length of the pitch.  Social distancing was zero with only a few masks on.

Killie end had loads standing together and area of empty terrace.

Could get loads more into RP.

Edited by cs1

On the details for the Clyde tickets it asks fans to keep their household bubbles (or individual seats) separated by 4 seats and 1 row.  But it sounds like we are asking folk to sit separately and not in groups ... gonna be hard for someone with a young kid.

11 minutes ago, No.1 Jimmy said:

Maybe I’ve missed this earlier in the thread but aren’t the 500 or so ST holders that got drawn in the ballot for the Dundee game, excluded from this new ballot?

These poor beggars should be given free beer and comfy seats at the stadium at no cost for life after having to suffer that ?