Premier Sports Cup Ticket Ballot

Bellman2010

6 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Rangers getting 17,000 for league game v Livingston on 31st July. Approx 34% capacity. 

Surely we can get ALL season ticket holders in for the Ayr game. 

You'd like to think but we started building work just as fans could get back into the stadium so i wouldn't hold my breath. 

Very good to see, that Rangers crowd will be the biggest football crowd in Scotland since March 2020. 

Hopefully full capacities from 9th August onwards. Just a shame it will fall 2 days after Dumfries, as if we get any tickets for that they will be gold dust. 

15 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It makes the folk that make up these daft rules pricks. 

Still waiting to find out why 15 folk can sit at one table in a beer garden with no masks but you need one to sit yourself at the football?

All for following rules that make sense but these rules just seem lazy and out of sync. Either that or Sturgeon is happy to shaft football fans as per. 

Same with not allowing food kiosks to open in level 0 but she was happy to allow 1000s of rugby fans to queue for beers. whilst in level 2. 

It's little wonder many are losing more and more patience with some of the restrictions. I've no issue with wearing a mask on a train or plane but i don't see how i can sit in a pub for a few hours before the game with no mask then suddenly need one to sit outside myself at the football!

Completely agree.

32 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You'd like to think but we started building work just as fans could get back into the stadium so i wouldn't hold my breath. 

Very good to see, that Rangers crowd will be the biggest football crowd in Scotland since March 2020. 

Hopefully full capacities from 9th August onwards. Just a shame it will fall 2 days after Dumfries, as if we get any tickets for that they will be gold dust. 

Is the Moffat a write off for a few weeks then? Seems a bit mad on timing. 

Great to see fans in stadiums again. 

I was very much looking forward to the train doon to Dumfries but not looking likely. 

28 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Still waiting to find out why 15 folk can sit at one table in a beer garden with no masks but you need one to sit yourself at the football?

All for following rules that make sense but these rules just seem lazy and out of sync. Either that or Sturgeon is happy to shaft football fans as per. 

Same with not allowing food kiosks to open in level 0 but she was happy to allow 1000s of rugby fans to queue for beers. whilst in level 2. 

It's little wonder many are losing more and more patience with some of the restrictions. I've no issue with wearing a mask on a train or plane but i don't see how i can sit in a pub for a few hours before the game with no mask then suddenly need one to sit outside myself at the football!

Some of the inconsistencies in rules and restrictions are just laughable now. Scotland and UK wide. 

30 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Agreed. 

But it's the time relevant authorities like the SFA/SFL and SPFL started asking questions on this.

The minister for Sport Mairi Gougeon( aye exactly had to Google it) could do with making a statement with the new season less than 2 weeks away.

She's also Minister of Public Health and Wellbeing

Football is our national sport.

I won't hold my breath.

Any explanation as to why the kiosks aren’t open? Could understand if the Frank Beattie is being used but the kiosks in Chadwick and East are outside with plenty of space to form a socially distanced queue.

Like the EUROs it just seems like laziness that no-one in charge can allow a risk assessment/plan put in place to allow people to access food and drink

Like others I have been wondering about the bizarre timing of the Moffat Stand developments. We’ve had literally a full season behind closed doors to get work like that done (I believe Motherwell used last season to do this), yet we choose to start it just as fans are getting back into stadiums. In doing so we limit the capacity even more than would already have been the case and have left ourselves in a situation where we might not be able to accommodate all the people who have paid for a season ticket. I appreciate there may be reasons why the work wasn’t done last season but it seems very odd to me.

Edited by killie89

1 hour ago, KillieDJ said:

Any explanation as to why the kiosks aren’t open? Could understand if the Frank Beattie is being used but the kiosks in Chadwick and East are outside with plenty of space to form a socially distanced queue.

Like the EUROs it just seems like laziness that no-one in charge can allow a risk assessment/plan put in place to allow people to access food and drink

I volunteered at the euros, got a decent explanation to that one: food kiosks are areas of high traffic. They also have a big flat area where many hands will rest, and where food is placed. These two factors significantly increase the risk of transmission. Hence, kiosks closed (you should’ve seen the palaver at “coffee stations for volunteers”).

And before you ask: no, I don’t know what’s so special about rugby kiosks…

1 hour ago, killie89 said:

Like others I have been wondering about the bizarre timing of the Moffat Stand developments. We’ve had literally a full season behind closed doors to get work like that done (I believe Motherwell used last season to do this), yet we choose to start it just as fans are getting back into stadiums.

Hasn't planning permission just recently been granted?

When the application was submitted and approved may be more relevant than when the work was started.

36 minutes ago, skygod said:

Hasn't planning permission just recently been granted?

When the application was submitted and approved may be more relevant than when the work was started.

I guess that’s true. It just seems like incredibly bad timing, although I don’t know if it’s been mentioned elsewhere how long it’s due to last. It would be rubbish if we can’t soon accommodate at least our ST holders because of this.