Ineligible player hearing

skygod

7 minutes ago, Silent Bob said:

How hard can it be to check these things for every fixture in the country after the official team lines are submitted? Can’t be that difficult to arrange.

Not trying to excuse us in this, but the lineup is official at least one hour prior to kickoff yet we are able to proceed and also bring the player on after 70 odd minutes without anyone realising.

You’d think each player would have a unique ID number and and suspensions would be tied to that. Then when they switch clubs their registration is updated to their new club. An automatic system should be able to cope with sending a “Player A has breached the disciplinary rules and is suspended for one match in the league cup”, when the offence happens and then send a reminder a week before so teams can prepare properly for a match. 

Players come from all over the world, such a system is simply not feasible.

You sign a new player, while registering him it's a simple additional check at the time to see if he has any outstanding suspension to serve. It's not rocket science FFS. If the daily record journo can check for ALL the games that day and come up with a comprehensive list how difficult is it for a club secretary to do it with our own players? Amateurs!

1 hour ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Players come from all over the world, such a system is simply not feasible.

You sign a new player, while registering him it's a simple additional check at the time to see if he has any outstanding suspension to serve. It's not rocket science FFS. If the daily record journo can check for ALL the games that day and come up with a comprehensive list how difficult is it for a club secretary to do it with our own players? Amateurs!

Not feasible to give a player an ID number when they register with the SFA for the first time? You’re having a laugh right? How can a university deal with students from all over the planet but the SFA can’t? This isn’t complicated IT. 

Edited by Zorro

6 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I feasible to give a player an ID number when they register with the SFA for the first time? You’re having a laugh right? How can a university deal with students from all over the planet but the SFA can’t? This isn’t complicated IT. 

It’s the SFA your talking about!end of the day it’s the club’s who have to check for suspensions and we made a right balls of it

By implementing this system you give an excuse for missing a suspension, the "I thought he had played in Scotland and already had a reg number".

The system is fine as it is no point trying to fix an issue that doesn't exist just to give someone (probably on a decent wage may I add) an easier job.

Hate to say it but ultimately it’s the clubs owners who are responsible here , Costellos incompetence is a reflection on them IMO . It’s not as if they don’t have previous , is it ? Ineffectual leadership has a trickle down effect .

This is why I’d be surprised if they take any action at all . 

Is it the first time this has happened, no.  Will it be the last time it happens, no.  These things happen in football.  Did we want it to happen, no.  Someone will have been heald accountable for it and most likely dealt with appropriately.  Do I want to know what's happened to the person responsible, no, as I don't really care tbh.  It's happened, let's move on and concentrate on Clyde. Folk are on here blaming everyone at the club and their granny's thinking it's the end of the world.  A little cup run would be decent, not just in this cup but them all, but for me, this season, I couldn't care less about a cup run.  I would just like to see a successful outcome to the new season.  

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

If this was a frequent occurrence I could understand why some folk are getting a wee bit hot behind the collar about it, but it’s literally once in god knows how many years and in exceptional circumstances. Let it go. 

Effectively out the League Cup two years in a row thanks to incompetence on the non-football side. Come on!

4 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Effectively out the League Cup two years in a row thanks to incompetence on the non-football side. Come on!

with 3 games left to play and points tally of other clubs, we are still favourites to qualify from this group, if we can't then more serious questions need asked 

13 hours ago, Bbk said:

So what exactly do you want to happen ASAP as regards this issue ,sack the person responsible, get rid of our owner and the other directors or allow the playing staff to try and recover the situation in the remaining games maybe you want to throw out the baby with the bath water? 

Yes, someone needs to accept responsibility and lose their job, your type of thinking is exactly the reason we're currently in the Championship, Dyer needed removed, we took forever to do it, and when we did it was far too late.

I normal circumstances i'd maybe be more lenient, but after the covid breach when we didnt follow the rules (as daft as they were everyone was aware of them) and got knocked out the cup, to the shambles of recruitment and keeping on Dyer as manager, to this being the final straw

19 minutes ago, Dave1981 said:

Is it the first time this has happened, no.  Will it be the last time it happens, no.  These things happen in football.  Did we want it to happen, no.  Someone will have been heald accountable for it and most likely dealt with appropriately.  Do I want to know what's happened to the person responsible, no, as I don't really care tbh.  It's happened, let's move on and concentrate on Clyde. Folk are on here blaming everyone at the club and their granny's thinking it's the end of the world.  A little cup run would be decent, not just in this cup but them all, but for me, this season, I couldn't care less about a cup run.  I would just like to see a successful outcome to the new season.  

Whether or not a cup run is high on the priority list, it's a potential loss of income at a time when fans are supporting the club despite not having been to a game in well over a year

I'm amazed people are willing to forgive this with a "mistakes happen" attitude.

We are a professional club. We employ people to ensure issues like this do not occur. We aren't a charity. The actions by 1 (or more) individual has cost us thousands of pounds aswell as untold reputational damage.

I would even go as far to suggest the COVID issue from last season had a major part in derailing our season.

If a person is at fault, they need to go if they cannot do the basic job requirements. This is not a new rule that has caught us as a club out. This is sheer incompetence or laziness.

Edited by Twonky65

It’s wild people are actually calling for someone to lose their job over this. Imagine it was your friend or family member potentially losing their home/ ability to feed their family?

Again, I’m not saying the guilty party shouldn’t be dealt with, but I’d rather they were educated and lessons learned rather than lose their livelihood. 

4 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

Whether or not a cup run is high on the priority list, it's a potential loss of income at a time when fans are supporting the club despite not having been to a game in well over a year

I understand that but folk need to remember we haven't been kicked out of the cup, would be interesting to see what gets more money via a cup run, the League or Scottish Cup.  Theres still 9 points up for grabs which is very winnable if they apply themselves properly.  Again, I along with probably the majority of fans would rather a possible promotion instead of a cup run that might bring in a bob or two with no promotion hope.  

2 minutes ago, Barbinho said:

It’s wild people are actually calling for someone to lose their job over this. Imagine it was your friend or family member potentially losing their home/ ability to feed their family?

Again, I’m not saying the guilty party shouldn’t be dealt with, but I’d rather they were educated and lessons learned rather than lose their livelihood. 

It's a business. Why should we give the person who made a mistake a cuddle and say "don't worry, s**t happens" ?

The are getting paid good money to do a job. A simple simple task (which dates back 80 years) in football was not completed.

It's the same regime who cost the club thousands last year who made a silly mistake again as they can't read/ follow the rules.

Same time next year for you to say they should be educated/ trained again?

1 minute ago, skygod said:

It doesn’t have to an either/or - you can have both. 

Again I get that but this is Killie we're talking about, knowing our luck we'll have a great cup run and finish 4th or we'll get pumped out of the cups but win promotion.  Give me promotion any day! Plus I think the league will be the main focus for the manager and he may have been advised that by the owners as I dread to think what will happen to the club if we don't win promotion (but that's for another day/topic).

1 hour ago, Jasg said:

It’s the SFA your talking about!end of the day it’s the club’s who have to check for suspensions and we made a right balls of it

We’ve missed one suspension in how many years? Hardly the crime of the century. 

I’ll be honest I’m getting some serious Govanesque “We Deserve Better” type vibes from attitudes towards nearly everything the club does at the moment. It’s not a good look. 

34 minutes ago, Barbinho said:

The folk that are calling for the person to be sacked no doubt have never ever made a mistake or an error at there own place of work.  I bet those same folk wishing the sack option wouldn't be in agreement if it were them after making a mistake, they'd be begging to be educated.  

44 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

Yes, someone needs to accept responsibility and lose their job, your type of thinking is exactly the reason we're currently in the Championship, Dyer needed removed, we took forever to do it, and when we did it was far too late  

Way to conflate one issue with another. I’d be extremely surprised if the club Secretary got to choose when a manager gets sacked. Very unfair that you feel they should carry the can for everything that’s wrong at the club. 

38 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

Yes, someone needs to accept responsibility and lose their job, your type of thinking is exactly the reason we're currently in the Championship, Dyer needed removed, we took forever to do it, and when we did it was far too late.

I normal circumstances i'd maybe be more lenient, but after the covid breach when we didnt follow the rules (as daft as they were everyone was aware of them) and got knocked out the cup, to the shambles of recruitment and keeping on Dyer as manager, to this being the final straw

Do we really know what the internal repercussions of this deviance of the rules of this years competition have actually been decided?

Sure we can all speculate as to what we think should happen in our own opinion but the reality is its not going to change the in my opinion harsh punishment handed out a 3-2 result would have been fairer as the player in question never really affected the final result.

As for your thoughts on last seasons events again hindsight is a wonderful thing and I'm sure the owners and custodians of our club regretted  things just as much or maybe a lot more than all of us.

Time to move on learn once again from an unfortunate admin blunder(BTW surely their is more of an element of blame here lying with the footballing authorities  who allegedly have the interests of all the clubs or both of them at heart) and focus on the 9 points still available. 

10 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Way to conflate one issue with another. I’d be extremely surprised if the club Secretary got to choose when a manager gets sacked. Very unfair that you feel they should carry the can for everything that’s wrong at the club. 

I'm not saying she's in the wrong for keeping the manager in the job too long, I'm showing that the amateur running of the club and lack of responsibility is evident throughout, and that will no doubt lead to further errors down the line.

Pat on the back and learn their lesson, again is exactly why were in the Championship, some fans seem quite willing to view the club as a charity and ach their doing their best, when we're a business

14 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Do we really know what the internal repercussions of this deviance of the rules of this years competition have actually been decided?

Sure we can all speculate as to what we think should happen in our own opinion but the reality is its not going to change the in my opinion harsh punishment handed out a 3-2 result would have been fairer as the player in question never really affected the final result.

As for your thoughts on last seasons events again hindsight is a wonderful thing and I'm sure the owners and custodians of our club regretted  things just as much or maybe a lot more than all of us.

Time to move on learn once again from an unfortunate admin blunder(BTW surely their is more of an element of blame here lying with the footballing authorities  who allegedly have the interests of all the clubs or both of them at heart) and focus on the 9 points still available. 

Time to move on learn once again - thats the issue, we don't appear to be learning, and it runs throughout the club.

And it wasn't a harsh punishment, the rules are black & white in not playing somone who is suspended, its really basic stuff.

3 hours ago, Zorro said:

So we think our club Secretary should spend their day on disciplinary hotline, asking if each and every player on our books is registered and allowed to play on any given game day because the SFA’s admin isn’t up to scratch? And pile this on top of all the other jobs they do and not expect one mistake? If this was a frequent occurrence I could understand why some folk are getting a wee bit hot behind the collar about it, but it’s literally once in god knows how many years and in exceptional circumstances. Let it go. 

The clubs are sent an up to date version of that document, it just hasn't appeared on the website yet. 

And I'd be expecting the club secretary to be spending the full day on the phone to the SFA double checking every player from now on.