Clyde Match Fred

CB

5 minutes ago, skygod said:

Kabamba certainly wasn’t strong.

As for rumbling up defences, he would trip over his own shadow.

Rag dolled the Celtic defence and was playing against far better centre halves than anything in the championship.

Edited by Killiepies

11 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Can we wait and see how they perform before starting to rip them apart?

@LH31 asked for opinions based on what we’ve seen this season so that’s what’s been provided. 

I agree we shouldn’t be ‘ripping people apart’ but people are entitled to reflect on what they’ve seen?

On 7/18/2021 at 11:22 AM, Killiepies said:

Rag dolled the Celtic defence and was playing against far better centre halves than anything in the championship.

Kabamba has a wiry strength, but he hasn’t the body strength to bully defenders like Lafferty, for example.

His asset is his running.

TW didn’t fancy him enough to offer him a new contract so we’ll never know how he would have done.

Edited by skygod

35 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Haunstrup is an enigma he has the physical attributes to be a fantastic players also he’s tidy enough. I think he lacks aggression that’s needed in Scotland. Also he needs to put more crosses in. Looks like he’s lacking confidence 

Its the decision making I think. Two good examples yesterday - 

One he played a great one two, got his run right, got behind the defender and when it needed an instant cross he paused, dither and lost it. 

Second the ball came to him after a corner - had the chance to chop it back in or hit it wide to keep the pressure in, couldn't decide and went back to defence, killing the move. 

I've always thought he could be coached, because there things he does well, I just wonder if that decision making is never improving. 

56 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

His best game in a Killie shirt but if we’re honest his good games were few and far between and was like Bambi on ice most weeks. 

I think Kabamba would have scored a few in the Championship but then you have the problem about what happens if we are promoted. TW seems to be giving most of the newcomers deals that will hopefully see them playing in the Premiership but it was highly unlikely that Kabamba would have been seen as a Premiership striker. Doesn't alter the fact that we badly need another striker. Yesterday's game should have been killed off before Clyde scored.

2 hours ago, Killiepies said:

He was mince.

That Celtic game you mention was the only time he looked to have a bit of aggression. 

He was like Bambi on ice 90% of the time and a heid like a ten bob bit.

Bet he worked 'ard though and was a good lad.

23 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

He was mince.

That Celtic game you mention was the only time he looked to have a bit of aggression. 

He was like Bambi on ice 90% of the time and a heid like a ten bob bit.

Bet he worked 'ard though and was a good lad.

In my view he never tried to put his laces through a shot - always reliant on placement or bundling in from close range. Placement can be good but sometimes a lash from distance is required - don't ever recall him doing this.