Our next centre forward

Thebigguy68

35 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Of course if he did that then I'd be delighted but it doesn't look likely does it? If, miraculously, he was in double figures by January and we lost him that would be a serious disruption to a promotion chasing side.

I think the disruption that the loss of Stewart caused is easily underestimated due to the fact that we were managed by a genius who adapted the style of play (to the detriment of the entertainment factor) to get results.

And no, I'm not willing to put TW in the genius category just yet!

The boy has got to start somewhere. If he did come in and score a fair few to help us top the championship I can’t see how that would be a bad thing. Even if he did leave.

You’d rather someone coming in and scoring for the first half of the season rather than someone not scoring at all.

35 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

It's all about levels.

Stewart was 40x better than this "raw" youngster. Just shows what Tommy Wright really thinks about our youth striking options when bringing in this guy who couldn't get a kick for a s**te Bradford team last season.

Was he? He had barely featured for 2-3 season before we got him on loan and he took his game to another level. 

No doubt he was more experienced and had shown at Dundee he was a cracking player, but since then his career was going the wrong way.

13 hours ago, skygod said:

Like Hemming and Sanders, he will be a recommendation by Paul Stephenson from his time at Boro (and Blyth, in the case of Sanders).

TW tried to sign Stokes and Armstrong before and knows Lyons from NI. He had Alston at St Johnstone.

Polworth, McGinn, McGowan, Naismith and Robinson are well-known SPFL players.

Still looking to see much obvious evidence of JF’s influence on recruitment.

I’ve liked what I’ve heard from Paul Stephenson in his recent interviews. Didn’t know much about him even though he was number 2 to Clark but I think it was a good move from TW to move away from the usual group of Scottish assistants and bring in someone  different. Shows he’s prepared to do things differently. Perhaps a few of the English based signings will be from his recommendations. Hopefully he can help to identify the forward we need. 

Edited by historyman

14 hours ago, Harrogate Peter said:

If the signing on loan of this lad from Middlesbrough is true it seems very strange to me. He doesn't seem to even have had the experience of Cameron or Connell so what is he adding?

Not to say Cameron and Connell aren't but maybe he's good?

Edited by Fletch

RUMARN BURRELL ARRIVES ON LOAN FROM BORO

Rumarn Burrell has joined Killie after signing a season-long loan deal from Middlesbrough, subject to international clearance.

The 20-year-old forward will add to Tommy Wright’s attacking options after arriving in Ayrshire this week ahead of the start of our cinch Championship campaign.

Rumarn made his ‘Boro debut in January this year before moving to Bradford City for the remainder of the 2020/21 season. He becomes our second arrival from Boro after the signing of Zach Hemming on loan earlier this summer.

The Killie manager said: “He’s a young striker and Paul Stephenson brought him to my attention. We’ve watched him and had good reports about him.

“He’s quick, strong and decent in front of goal and will stretch teams as well and he should be fine to be added to the squad for Monday’s game.”

3 hours ago, Twonky65 said:

It's all about levels.

Stewart was 40x better than this "raw" youngster. Just shows what Tommy Wright really thinks about our youth striking options when bringing in this guy who couldn't get a kick for a s**te Bradford team last season.

Moan