Our next centre forward

Thebigguy68

37 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

we would’ve comfortably stayed up had we a decent keeper and defence. 

For the early part of last season we looked solid enough defensively. Albeit with joke keepers. No one blew us away. There were a lot of draws and narrow defeats. The problem with offering no attacking threat is - it encourages teams to sit higher up the pitch, knowing you can’t hurt them. That’s what happened to us. Our once sound back line and holding mids had more and more pressure heaped on them because our attacking players were useless.

I really believe our success or otherwise this season rests massively on what striker we bring in

18 minutes ago, bizza_89 said:

For the early part of last season we looked solid enough defensively. Albeit with joke keepers. No one blew us away. There were a lot of draws and narrow defeats. The problem with offering no attacking threat is - it encourages teams to sit higher up the pitch, knowing you can’t hurt them. That’s what happened to us. Our once sound back line and holding mids had more and more pressure heaped on them because our attacking players were useless.

I really believe our success or otherwise this season rests massively on what striker we bring in

There wasn’t a lot of draws. There was a lot of narrow defeats because Dyer had us sitting in the whole game holding out for 1-0 losses

For anyone in any doubt that a solid defensive structure is key to success, have a look at our goal for and against columns for the last three seasons and then compare them against our rivals. You don’t concede and you’re guaranteed at least a point. Score two and you may still come away with nothing. 

Really doesn't need too much analysis stop the othe team scoring or score one more than them at least TW looks to have solved the obvious problem we had with our two hokey cokey goalies last season  by bringing in better quality and getting better quality defenders and midfielders in front of them.

Once he addresses the striker position we should hopefully be sorted against most of the battles to come and get the outcome we all want come next May.

I'm very much hoping that board comments re the budget will make more sense once we solve the striking option. If we bring in one or two they will be our highest earners. We need to push the boat out but also to convince an established player (or two) to spend at least one year in the championship when they are likely to be good enough to go elsewhere.

It will be a lot of pressure one one player's shoulders if we only recruit a single striker. I remember how disastrous it felt when Lafferty was injured...although it turned out that scoring goals wasn't the issue against St Mirren!

If we somehow manage to get two in, it will be a real statement of intent and would instil huge confidence in the fans and the team on the park. 

14 minutes ago, Ayrshire Killie said:

I'm very much hoping that board comments re the budget will make more sense once we solve the striking option. If we bring in one or two they will be our highest earners. We need to push the boat out but also to convince an established player (or two) to spend at least one year in the championship when they are likely to be good enough to go elsewhere.

It will be a lot of pressure one one player's shoulders if we only recruit a single striker. I remember how disastrous it felt when Lafferty was injured...although it turned out that scoring goals wasn't the issue against St Mirren!

If we somehow manage to get two in, it will be a real statement of intent and would instil huge confidence in the fans and the team on the park. 

Don't expect us to to bring 2 more in. 1 more realistically. 

Our attacking options would then be Cameron, Connell, Burrell, Robinson and new guy. With likes of murray or rory options as a last resort.

Tommy wright has played 4-3-3 in most games. That means midfield of Mcginn, polworth and lyons probably, Murray, burke and a striker. 

If we go 4-4-2, probably lyons would make way for the second striker. 

On 8/1/2021 at 12:38 PM, skygod said:

Can’t understand why people still want to analyse last season.

It should be consigned to the bin.

Maybe five years from now will be enough time to review it without feeling incensed. 

So that we don’t make the same catastrophic mistake again i.e. appoint someone not good enough for the manager’s job and who actually told us that himself. 

Edited by historyman

2 minutes ago, Killiekranky said:

image.jpeg.402c8e601b32931c58531b9025860e7d.jpegOur next centre forward is already here ?

Could be. Tonight's display makes it hard to drop him! 

I still think an experienced striker is needed as it's a long season, but also to push Cameron on to fulfil his potential. 

Superb start for the lad, though!

Always remember that the Collins will forever be in our shadow!

Was a shame that their fans couldn't have been present to get their noses rubbed in it, but we will ensure we do the same at the Piggery!

Was a nice touch for them to wear our training kit too!

Well done to all the team and best victory Monday feeling ever!

What I would say about the headers Innes missed is that I've seen Kris Boyd miss easier ones and he was the best natural finisher I saw in a Killie shirt.

The way he kept going and took on the outside chance of a shot on the run from wide out and had the bottle to take the penalty was very encouraging.

Still need an experienced goalscorer to turn dominance into goals over a long season.

Innes was excellent tonight going to be a very important player for us. His performance buys us a bit of time to make sure we get the right guy. Don't forget Robinson and Rory still to det involved 

Edited by Mcd
Spelling