Our next centre forward

Thebigguy68

Totally off topic but is anyone able to remind me of the names of the two Nigerian trialists we had years ago?  All I remember was it was a reserve game they played in and about 6,000 folk turned up.  Also the LB I'm pretty sure only kicked with his right foot the whole game.  I've always wondered what happened to them after being on trial with us.

9 minutes ago, Dave1981 said:

Totally off topic but is anyone able to remind me of the names of the two Nigerian trialists we had years ago?  All I remember was it was a reserve game they played in and about 6,000 folk turned up.  Also the LB I'm pretty sure only kicked with his right foot the whole game.  I've always wondered what happened to them after being on trial with us.

They were from Ghana. Steve Baidoo and Sammy Adjei. Great days ?

On 10/2/2018 at 12:57 AM, skygod said:

Sammy Adjei and Steve Baidoo played in a reserve match at RP v. Rangers (1-1) in February 1996. 

Attendance was variously given as 6,000 to almost 10,000. 

They played another match against Falkirk too. 

Baidoo went on to have a career in Turkey. Not sure what became of Adjei. 

16 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

I fear we are not going to be partying on these two signings, someone isn’t keen when it’s taking so long to move 2%

Clubs all over the world struggle to get deals over the line and you're writing folk off before they're even announced? 

Its been discussed (a lot) that there are issues caused by Brexit affecting work permits and registrations. Which in turn affects clubs like us who are waiting on others to become available. Given how the club acted in the summer with deadlines for contract renewals, these delays aren't because of a lack of willingness from the player or clubs to get it done. 

1 minute ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Clubs all over the world struggle to get deals over the line and you're writing folk off before they're even announced? 

Its been discussed (a lot) that there are issues caused by Brexit affecting work permits and registrations. Which in turn affects clubs like us who are waiting on others to become available. Given how the club acted in the summer with deadlines for contract renewals, these delays aren't because of a lack of willingness from the player or clubs to get it done. 

Oh sorry, I didn’t know we were getting in players from another country.

Seeing as you know the facts I will relax now , let’s just say we don’t have any time if things do go wrong.