Our next centre forward

Thebigguy68

2 hours ago, carpetfitter said:

Can’t say I know much about him. According to Professor Wiki he has not played much first team football for a 24 year old. 9 goals in 55 for St. J. 

Wikipedia, you say?

He’s only 23.

I make it he has scored 20 goals in 30(48) appearances.

The numbers you quoted are probably for League matches only. 

He also scored twice in 5(7) appearances at Aberdeen on loan.

Overall, 22 goals in 35 starts. 

45 minutes ago, skygod said:

Wikipedia, you say?

He’s only 23.

I make it he has scored 20 goals in 30(48) appearances.

The numbers you quoted are probably for League matches only. 

He also scored twice in 5(7) appearances at Aberdeen on loan.

Overall, 22 goals in 35 starts. 

The key thing I took from his stats were that his most prolific season (9 goals in 27) was during Tommy Wrights last season in charge there. Hopefully something he can replicate for us 

38 minutes ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

Assuming it’s Hendry, who do we think the other player that Tommy said will be arriving is? 

A known or a Burrell type young back up from England ?

Could well end up being Kennedy. Doesn't seen like teams are queuing up and he's maybe faltered a wee bit at Aberdeen under DM (surprise). Dropping down a level on loan for a season isn't really as unbelievable as it might have been...that said probably an unknown from England! 

Pure speculation on my part, but I reckon it's between a replacement for Burrell, cover for Stokes' injury or competition for F Murray as I don't think we've got another natural left winger?

So either a young striker on loan, a young CB on loan or Matthew Kennedy?

Mind you, if Kennedy didn't want to go to St Mirren, I doubt he'd fancy the championship.

10 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

Pure speculation on my part, but I reckon it's between a replacement for Burrell, cover for Stokes' injury or competition for F Murray as I don't think we've got another natural left winger?

So either a young striker on loan, a young CB on loan or Matthew Kennedy?

Mind you, if Kennedy didn't want to go to St Mirren, I doubt he'd fancy the championship.

Mind you, if Kennedy didn't want to go to St Mirren

He knows they are going down!

I’ve got a feeling we might bring in another utility player. At the moment McGowan is probably the only one I’d put in that bracket on the defensive side. He’s currently covering for Stokes at CB. The expectancy was he’d provide the cover for RB, CB and the DM position. With Stokes out for a longer spell that’s stretched.

Theres appeal for me in signing Kennedy. He’d bring quality to the squad. We are top heavy for players who can play wide at the moment. Burke, Murray, Armstrong, McKenzie all capable with the two new recruits not really finding their groove. Perhaps if someone like Kennedy came in it would see Murray used more as a striker option. 

13 hours ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Tomorrow could see the attendance break our record against Inverness in a league game. 

Did a wee search through the archives and in March 2007 we had an attendance of 7,630 vs Inverness, a game which we won 3-2 with a Naisy overhead kick (the first one I'd ever seen live). That was so high because it was the week before the CIS cup final.

The second highest was in May 2009 - 6,096, with Kevin Kyle scoring the only goal in a 1-0 victory that secured safety for us. Caley got relegated that season.

Since then the attendances have consistently been around about the 3,000 mark so to get an attendance today close to double that in the division below would be phenomenal.

6 minutes ago, Taggyfc24992 said:

Did a wee search through the archives and in March 2007 we had an attendance of 7,630 vs Inverness, a game which we won 3-2 with a Naisy overhead kick (the first one I'd ever seen live). That was so high because it was the week before the CIS cup final.

The second highest was in May 2009 - 6,096, with Kevin Kyle scoring the only goal in a 1-0 victory that secured safety for us. Caley got relegated that season.

Since then the attendances have consistently been around about the 3,000 mark so to get an attendance today close to double that in the division below would be phenomenal.

Thanks for the info. 7630 would be hard to beat today but if we keep doing well it might be beaten the next time they come down. 

1 hour ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

Assuming it’s Hendry, who do we think the other player that Tommy said will be arriving is? 

A known or a Burrell type young back up from England ?

According to one of my neighbours Gavin Reilly has been training with the team this week. So looks like he is one of the 2, but if he is training with us then don’t know what the hold up would be. 

27 minutes ago, killie1968 said:

According to one of my neighbours Gavin Reilly has been training with the team this week. So looks like he is one of the 2, but if he is training with us then don’t know what the hold up would be. 

Is your neighbour normally a reliable source when it comes to incoming transfers?  

What are they saying about Hendry? 

27 minutes ago, killie1968 said:

It would be very neighbourly to give them a loan of binoculars and a camera. Sightings of a lesser-spotted striker are rare this season.