Our next centre forward

Thebigguy68

18 minutes ago, kilm53 said:

Former Aberdeen, Dundee and Rangers forward Greg Stewart has joined Indian Super League side Jamshedpur. (IFTWC)

Strange career, feels like he's wasted it a bit in terms of fulfilling his potential, if not financially.

Two really good spells - with Dundee and then us - and a lot of shuffling around earning good money for little return. 

54 minutes ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

Is your neighbour normally a reliable source when it comes to incoming transfers?  

What are they saying about Hendry? 

Yeah he normally is. To be honest I’ve no reason to disbelieve him. I did mention Hendry but he didn’t know what was happening on that front. 

Just to clarify my neighbour is a Killie supporter also and not claiming to have a cousin who works in the cafe at the Park Hotel who saw a shadow out the window during his tea break lol

TBH I was a bit disappointed to hear that Reilly might be our other target as judging by some of the comments on here it could be hit or miss if he does the job for us. Was kinda hoping for a Lafferty type signing, but I guess we aren’t maybe the 1st choice for some quality players. 

We will just have to continue to have faith in Tommy and the team he is building, based on players he’s had some experience with and connections. Today is another chance for the team to shows us that they are now gelling and progressing in confidence. 

Might be a bit of a footballing backwater, but don't understand the stick he's getting for that move. Gets to live in an amazing country for a bit, experience a whole new culture and get paid a tonne whilst he's at it. Plus knows he'll be able to walk into a Dundee or St Mirren or Killie in a year if it doesn't work out. Good on him. 

On 8/23/2021 at 11:12 AM, Killie Conman said:

My Hearts pal tells me, Robbie Neilson is flat out, not going to play Gnanduillet and is trying to offload him on loan

Hearts only named six subs yesterday

Gnanduillet, along with Popescu and Roberts  (who Neilson has told are free to find another club) were fit but not on the bench

As they are currently in the process of bringing Woodburn in on loan from Liverpool, could Gnanduillet be one Tommy is after

Gnanduillet looked great at Blackpool

As gnanduillet scored today a think your pal was talking s**t

Our next centre forward ……..IF a decent quality one, may well be looked on come nd of the season as one of the most important signings in gaining promotion…..

freeing up Robinson to play as an attacking midfielder / second striker would add some badly needed variety to our play and stretch opposition defences 

Wow, after watching today's game I never ever realised there could be a player at least 15 years younger than Broadfoot who couldn't outrun Broadfoot, ladies and gentlemen, I give you...Innes Cameron.  From today's showing, that was pretty poor, although tbh the whole team were poor.  

12 minutes ago, Dave1981 said:

Wow, after watching today's game I never ever realised there could be a player at least 15 years younger than Broadfoot who couldn't outrun Broadfoot, ladies and gentlemen, I give you...Innes Cameron.  From today's showing, that was pretty poor, although tbh the whole team were poor.  

Innes looked as if his boots were tied together

Innes is always on his heels, never on his toes. First half chance 6 yards out, can't get it our from his feet. Not long after, points where he wants it then moves at a snail's pace and the defender mops up. 

Polworth plays him a defence splitting pass and again on his heels. Chance played in from our right and of course the defender is there first. 

Just find him so, so frustrating to watch. Whatever it is, he just doesnt have it. 

Unless we have 2 quality players due in reflected in a good wage and a couple of quality loanees I cannot for the life of me see how we can be maintaining last years wage bill. The higher paid sqaud from last year cannot be compared wage wise to the group we have currently.

5 minutes ago, Alan56 said:

Unless we have 2 quality players due in reflected in a good wage and a couple of quality loanees I cannot for the life of me see how we can be maintaining last years wage bill. The higher paid sqaud from last year cannot be compared wage wise to the group we have currently.

Wages mean f**k all. We’ve seen the club spunk wages on flops. We need the right players who improve the team. That might be a high earner or it might be taking a chance on an unknown. I don’t get the obsession in splashing the cash. It worked with Lafferty but the likes of Ngoo, Enobakhare and others won’t have been cheap options and turned out to be duds.

Good scouting and contacts could mean we don’t have to bust budgets. A sound knowledge of what we require to play the current system better and give us a plan b, c, d….. is worth as much as punting £3k a week on a striker. 

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

Wages mean f**k all. We’ve seen the club spunk wages on flops. We need the right players who improve the team. That might be a high earner or it might be taking a chance on an unknown. I don’t get the obsession in splashing the cash. It worked with Lafferty but the likes of Ngoo, Enobakhare and others won’t have been cheap options and turned out to be duds.

Good scouting and contacts could mean we don’t have to bust budgets. A sound knowledge of what we require to play the current system better and give us a plan b, c, d….. is worth as much as punting £3k a week on a striker. 

Missing the point. The club said the manager would have the same budget as last year. I did not mention busting the budget but to try and get a straight promotion by not spending the budget with the risk of not getting promotion is a risky move. We cannot afford to take chances on unknowns as you say as the end cost could well be significant with multiple years in the championship.

23 minutes ago, cammy2012 said:

Lead boots more like. How can a young professional footballer be so immobile?

Someone recently described him as “lumbering “ and got panned for it. Only way I can see him scoring, penalties apart, is by crossing for him to head but I’m not even convinced that’s a part of his game that he is currently accomplished at.

Really hope he develops but at the moment coming off the bench and pumping balls towards his heid is the only way I can see him making an impact. 

21 minutes ago, piffer said:

You can get lucky of course. But there are good reasons why better players get paid more. IF we can afford it, the ability to splash the cash is a competitive advantage in this league. No guarantees but on balance we are much more likely to get a player that can make the difference.

10 minutes ago, Alan56 said:

Missing the point. The club said the manager would have the same budget as last year. I did not mention busting the budget but to try and get a straight promotion by not spending the budget with the risk of not getting promotion is a risky move. We cannot afford to take chances on unknowns as you say as the end cost could well be significant with multiple years in the championship.

The club said the budget would remain the same whether we stayed up or went down did they not. I may be wrong but I don’t recall them saying it would be the same as last season. 

An unknown to you and I isn’t necessarily an unknown to the management. Every striker we sign is risky. Boyd had a fantastic season with us in the top flight as relegation contenders then flopped in this division with a team whose budget was greater than the rest of the league combined.