Our next centre forward

Thebigguy68

42 minutes ago, Dave1981 said:

The only reason he had his best game at RP for 3 years is because not one of our players got anywhere near him.  Put him under pressure and he will make a mistake.

He made a few mistakes in the game, one of which we should have scored from early on when Robinson went through and slipped Polworth in. 

He only had a ‘decent’ game because we didn’t punish him. 

11 hours ago, Alan56 said:

Missing the point. The club said the manager would have the same budget as last year. I did not mention busting the budget but to try and get a straight promotion by not spending the budget with the risk of not getting promotion is a risky move. We cannot afford to take chances on unknowns as you say as the end cost could well be significant with multiple years in the championship.

The club did not say the manager would have the same budget as last year. Phyllis stated that the budget would stay at the level they had previously set. 

TBH not sure why so much credence has been given to a comment made just after one of our lowest points in recent history , after so many bad board decisions in previous 2 years, and with the 3 board members looking shell shocked and grasping to find something try to deflect away the criticism…..or was it just to give some embers of hope…

Fact is TW has been given the biggest budget in this league , our fans have backed the club with decent ST sales ……and it’s down now to TW and his new look squad to achieve promotion ……to that end it’s vital this new centre forward is proved over the season to add better quality than we have already in squad 

28 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

TBH not sure why so much credence has been given to a comment made just after one of our lowest points in recent history , after so many bad board decisions in previous 2 years, and with the 3 board members looking shell shocked and grasping to find something try to deflect away the criticism…..or was it just to give some embers of hope…

Fact is TW has been given the biggest budget in this league , our fans have backed the club with decent ST sales ……and it’s down now to TW and his new look squad to achieve promotion ……to that end it’s vital this new centre forward is proved over the season to add better quality than we have already in squad 

Agreed 

7 hours ago, jazza said:

Think Oli Shaw would do fine in the Championship imo. 

Yep same, don’t think he’s anywhere near as bad as this forum would make out. if anyone is expecting another “big name” striker then I think they’re going to be disappointed.

I can’t understand why we wouldn’t pay a bit of money for some talent from the lower leagues- Simon Murray for example, who is banging them in. He is definitely better than what we already have! 

55 minutes ago, Monk said:

Yep same, don’t think he’s anywhere near as bad as this forum would make out. if anyone is expecting another “big name” striker then I think they’re going to be disappointed.

I can’t understand why we wouldn’t pay a bit of money for some talent from the lower leagues- Simon Murray for example, who is banging them in. He is definitely better than what we already have! 

@bizza_89 mentioned Simon Murray months ago as well

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, carpetfitter said:

You don’t get much latitude for error on this forum. It’s very early days with Oli. I hope I was wrong. 

The guy has played very little football for a while. He scored 9 for a s**te County team in the top flight and what ive seen of him has all the signs he'll do just fine. Just needs that goal to get him off the mark. 

Edited by cammy_boy

4 hours ago, cammy_boy said:

The guy has played very little football for a while. He scored 9 for a s**te County team in the top flight and what ive seen of him has all the signs he'll do just fine. Just needs that goal to get him off the mark. 

I was referring to lack of movement.  But good timing with lochlin's tweet.  Without him we would know nothing.  

4 minutes ago, Killjoy1869 said:

This afternoon’s interview would suggest that Gallan could still be on his way here. 

Scott said free agent market and Tommy mentioned having been in for him before so I wonder if it's a free agent that perhaps knocked us back earlier in the summer but is now having second thoughts. 

3 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Scott said free agent market and Tommy mentioned having been in for him before so I wonder if it's a free agent that perhaps knocked us back earlier in the summer but is now having second thoughts. 

He’s almost certainly referring to Gullan as he’s mentioned previously about us just missing out on him on deadline day

32 minutes ago, Jackwilson said:

He’s almost certainly referring to Gullan as he’s mentioned previously about us just missing out on him on deadline day

Gullan is under contract at Hibs and the window has "slammed shut" so I don't see how that can be tbh. Not unless Hibs are going to free him.

10 minutes ago, Garvis said:

if he was freed would he not become a free agent , 

I thought we could sign free agents as well as still do loans.

Not if they are released outside the window only if they were free agents before the window shut.I believe Thomas has asked / been realised by Dunfermline but the only clubs he can sign for are in the likes of the WOSFL were there is no transfer window.