Ayr Capacity (3,692) & Club Ticketing Issues

heynow2005

9 minutes ago, heynow2005 said:

Just reading Rangers have been given the go ahead for 12500 fans at their friendly with Real Madrid on Sun then 17k for their league opener. Would be hoping we get at least 6 or 7k for the Ayr game based on those numbers but who knows if the same logic will be applied...

The issue here is its, I beleive, down to the local authority, and imo past history would indicate it not going our way.

Would be goos though to get more fans in.

Just now, Beaker71 said:

The issue here is its, I beleive, down to the local authority, and imo past history would indicate it not going our way.

Would be goos though to get more fans in.

Yeah . Would hope the club would push a bit harder though. It seems ridiculous that we would be stuck with 2-3k when clubs around the country (where covid rates are potentially higher) are getting bigger crowds 

The club have to start as high as possible with the bare minimum they are willing to accept being sufficient to allow all season ticket holders entry.  Anything less is a joke and if it happens due to local authority ruling, then the club should be sure and make that public knowledge.

27 minutes ago, Ipkis said:

Does anyone else think leaving it down to local authorities, and clubs bidding on a game by game basis, is a ridiculous way to do this?

it reads to me like its a standard event management type process covering absolutely everything in a council area - with each match considered a fresh event.  That way, I'm sure authorities can charge licensing/admin fees and get some money in too - an the Scottish Govt can 'claim' no special consideration given to football - which has certainly been a bone of contention recently.

Looking at the availability in the Chadwick yet tonight, I’m wondering if we’ll need that big a capacity for the Ayr game, especially as it’s on Cooncil TV. An awful lot of people seem put off by the arrangements for getting a ticket and going to and watching the game. Looks like it will be lucky if it’s 1500 tonight. Quite strange given the demand for season tickets and the general enthusiasm. Having said that our own group is reduced due to holidays being although I would have thought 2000 was a certainty. Looks like they’re not going on general sale. 

16 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Looking at the availability in the Chadwick yet tonight, I’m wondering if we’ll need that big a capacity for the Ayr game, especially as it’s on Cooncil TV. An awful lot of people seem put off by the arrangements for getting a ticket and going to and watching the game. Looks like it will be lucky if it’s 1500 tonight. Quite strange given the demand for season tickets and the general enthusiasm. Having said that our own group is reduced due to holidays being although I would have thought 2000 was a certainty. Looks like they’re not going on general sale. 

I have a season ticket but tbh I don't fancy sitting watching a game with a mask on, especially in this heat. 

As someone mentioned above, can go to the pub and mix with as many as you want indoors then walk to the football with as many as you want but then sit in an outdoor arena socially distanced but need to wear a mask.......

34 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Surely remaining tickets should have gone to a general sale?! I live too far away to commit to a season ticket but would have been up for travelling through this evening.

I’m not going as I don’t get away from work at a set time so if I got an early entry slot I may miss it.

I have a season ticket and occasionally don’t get to midweek games till nearer 8 o’clock due to work so I am snookered for midweek games until the staggered entry thing stops.

Will still pay to watch it at home as well.

Edited by Cowboy Dan

24 minutes ago, Armstrong86 said:

Surely selling out tonight’s tickets would give the club a stronger argument for increased numbers for following games. 

I'm currently on annual leave so could buy a ticket right now if the remaining tickets went on general sale. 

Do you know they haven’t? Might be worth a phone call.

9 minutes ago, Cowboy Dan said:

I’m not going as I don’t get away from work at a set time so if I got an early entry slot I may miss it.

I have a season ticket and occasionally don’t get to midweek games till nearer 8 o’clock due to work so I am snookered for midweek games until the staggered entry thing stops.

Will still pay to watch it at home as well.

There’s still tickets available with a 7:30 entry slot in the Chadwick - not for you specifically I just meant those who are wary about being there very early!

Edited by casual observer

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Yeah im sure loads just canne be bothered with the overzealous rules imposed on football fans that aren't on other outdoor (and even indoor) activities. 

I finnish at six and dont have the car today so cant garuntee id make an entry slot time so im not bothering. Ill buy the steam and im sure there are many in the same boat.