Ayr Capacity (3,692) & Club Ticketing Issues

heynow2005

1 hour ago, cammy_boy said:

You can travel freely around the country. Your location is irrelevant. 

So on what basis has the decision making process been devolved to local authorities/health boards?  There is obviously some kind of regional quality to the decision, so the location of those they expect to be there is not irrelevant in the slightest - in fact, it's fairly critical.

To keep the 1 metre spacing it's probably stuck at 25% (only every second seat, in every second row available) for 'singles'.

How did they work it for 'households' last night?  Were they sitting together?

For example, a row of 45 seats (with every seat between singles/parties left vacant) accommodates: -

*23 people in singles (50% per row)

*30 people in pairs (65% per row)

*34 people (10 x 3s & 1 x 4, 75% per row). 

Every second row is empty, so the 'true' figures are 25%, 32% & 37%.

Leaving the FB out, taking the 32% as the average (might be pushing it there) & based on 11000 available seats in 3 stands = 3520.  It's hard to see where we'd be allowed more.

Doing it purely as 'singles' (if the Moffat's available) we'd probably be allowed 2750.

If Celtic are allowed 18500, what size is their 'red zone'? What's their max capacity without that area?

They must have (presented) info on (high) percentages of households from a season ticket database.

6 minutes ago, GT said:

To keep the 1 metre spacing it's probably stuck at 25% (only every second seat, in every second row available) for 'singles'.

How did they work it for 'households' last night?  Were they sitting together?

For example, a row of 45 seats (with every seat between singles/parties left vacant) accommodates: -

*23 people in singles (50% per row)

*30 people in pairs (65% per row)

*34 people (10 x 3s & 1 x 4, 75% per row). 

Every second row is empty, so the 'true' figures are 25%, 32% & 37%.

Leaving the FB out, taking the 32% as the average (might be pushing it there) & based on 11000 available seats in 3 stands = 3520.  It's hard to see where we'd be allowed more.

Doing it purely as 'singles' (if the Moffat's available) we'd probably be allowed 2750.

If Celtic are allowed 18500, what size is their 'red zone'? What's their max capacity without that area?

They must have (presented) info on (high) percentages of households from a season ticket database.

Get counting dots. Looks like lower East is in family groups.

Dj4XNjU.jpg

60PzUvP.jpg

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

So on what basis has the decision making process been devolved to local authorities/health boards?  There is obviously some kind of regional quality to the decision, so the location of those they expect to be there is not irrelevant in the slightest - in fact, it's fairly critical.

Probably because they issue safety certificates to grounds. 

They will make decisions based on the size and layout of the grounds. Of course different authorities will give different decisions. 

So you will get places like Rugby Park getting a lower crowd percentage than say Celtic even though its almost completely outdoors and the latter is all enclosed walkways. 

3 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

And quite rightly too! It could work out that 24 hours later a substantial lift of restrictions may occur. 
SG are killing the game up here, it seems that there is something personal about football and hospitality, the rest can get on with things and rightly so. 

Behave.

22 minutes ago, Lroy said:

Get counting dots. Looks like lower East is in family groups.

Dj4XNjU.jpg

60PzUvP.jpg

High % of 'singles', then; & bottom 4 rows of Chadwick not used, further reducing the potential? 

It's looking like 2000 again, or not many more than 2750, including the Moffat.

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

They enforce public health legislation.

so how does me & dad work, are we classified as a household bubble ? are we classified as seperate individual bubbles, we both stay in seperate council areas & health board areas, in fact mines been in lockdown more than its not, will we be able to sit next to each other, will we have seperate entry times even tho we share same transport method.... 

On 7/20/2021 at 2:52 PM, Mclean07 said:

Looking at the availability in the Chadwick yet tonight, I’m wondering if we’ll need that big a capacity for the Ayr game, especially as it’s on Cooncil TV. An awful lot of people seem put off by the arrangements for getting a ticket and going to and watching the game. Looks like it will be lucky if it’s 1500 tonight. Quite strange given the demand for season tickets and the general enthusiasm. Having said that our own group is reduced due to holidays being although I would have thought 2000 was a certainty. Looks like they’re not going on general sale. 

Bit different a derby and having to pay £15 in the middle of a heatwave with no refreshments. 

If we had 10k available vs Ayr wed havfbaold them. You said only 1 out of 6 in your group were going.  If our whole support was reflective of that we would have had less than 800 there so maybe folk, like yoor group just had better things to do?

I wouldn't look too much into last nights crowd. Was 23 degrees at kick off and been like that all week so plenty folk would have had other plans. I know plenty who did have and have seasons. All will be at Ayr game.

5 hours ago, Estragon said:

Another interesting thing to consider is the number of supporters travelling from health boards outwith A&A - I live in the Greater Glasgow HB area, not sure if this will have an impact on my ability to get to games or not - I haven't applied for any of the three balloted matches, but bought my ST both seasons affected.  It would make sense that people in my situation would be excluded if Ayrshire had a lower infection level, and we could get more supporters in from exclusively the Ayrshire & Arran area?

Hahaha no chance.  Level 0 everywhere. No chance they could enforce that. Was different when you couldnt travel between different levels.

3 hours ago, KillkieBoab said:

I thought everything was well organised last night and, if we can get the Moffat opened as well it should be easy enough to accommodate 3,000 + with the same set up. With every second row having every second seat occupied that gives 25% of capacity. Just a pity the Frank Beattie seems to be out of bounds.

I thought it was terribly organised. 

Rugby Road exit shut and fans who were first in (over an hour before KO) had to wait until last to leave 

Out the three grounds I've been to since covid appeared, we seem to have the daft stakcrbof adaptation of rules. 

Would love to hear the justification for keeping an exit shut and keeping fans in that long post match. 

It was fine last night, albeit a bit strange to start with.

People moaning about being kept in at the end are just moaning for the sake of it, it was only 10 minutes (although I guess we didnt know that at the time, I thought it would’ve been communicated over the tannoy). Saw a small amount of the usual self-important fannies you get at the football just disrupting everybody around them to attempt to get out quicker because they thought they were too important to do what everybody else had to, but there’s always a few of them in normal times anyway. They could’ve opened the Rugby Road gates, but I guess that was a decision taken pre-match because they maybe thought the Chadwick would be busier (just guessing that was why, who knows).

I must admit, I thought it would be murder getting in when I walked in Dundonald Road last night and saw the amount of folk milling about, but again it was fine, they got people in block by block pretty quick. Disclaimer here is that I was in the half 7 group, got total sympathy for the guys that had to be in 45mins/1 hour before kickoff, I wouldn’t have fancied it …. 

Be interesting to see what happens for the Ayr game, I have my doubts the same system would work if there was a bigger crowd ….

And also, I wasn’t really aware of it last night, just noticed on the video posted on the Killie Instagram when the teams ran out , but was there a reason the front 4 or 5 rows in the East weren’t in use ? Just wondering ….

49 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I thought it was terribly organised. 

Rugby Road exit shut and fans who were first in (over an hour before KO) had to wait until last to leave 

Out the three grounds I've been to since covid appeared, we seem to have the daft stakcrbof adaptation of rules. 

Would love to hear the justification for keeping an exit shut and keeping fans in that long post match. 

There can be no justification for keeping the Rugby Road gates shut. Open them and you empty the East Stand in half the time and also reduce the Covid risk of fans going out the same gate and congregating outside.

Similarly, there can be no justification for keeping the Rugby Road gates closed after most games in normal times. Better for East Stand fans going to the town centre or railway station to merge with opposition fans in Rugby Road than meeting them face to face behind the Frank Beattie Stand or on Dundonald Road or South Hamilton Street.

Under the current regime, fans seem to be an inconvenience unless they are going to the Park Hotel or our numerous hospitality suites.

30 minutes ago, Boring Bob said:

There can be no justification for keeping the Rugby Road gates shut. Open them and you empty the East Stand in half the time and also reduce the Covid risk of fans going out the same gate and congregating outside.

Similarly, there can be no justification for keeping the Rugby Road gates closed after most games in normal times. Better for East Stand fans going to the town centre or railway station to merge with opposition fans in Rugby Road than meeting them face to face behind the Frank Beattie Stand or on Dundonald Road or South Hamilton Street.

Under the current regime, fans seem to be an inconvenience unless they are going to the Park Hotel or our numerous hospitality suites.

It may be requirements from local authority, to reduce social contact.  I was told I could not walk round FB stand to get to Rugby Road so that crowds for the stands were kept apart.  I expect that was the reason for Rgbly Road gates not being open at end of match.

In normal times it is a decision for match commander.  This season we may find Chadwick closed often and visiting fans in corner of FB, so gates would be open (assuming crowds back to normal)

You seem to be blaming the club for matters that may be beyond its control.

1 hour ago, killiekosmos said:

It may be requirements from local authority, to reduce social contact.  I was told I could not walk round FB stand to get to Rugby Road so that crowds for the stands were kept apart.  I expect that was the reason for Rgbly Road gates not being open at end of match.

In normal times it is a decision for match commander.  This season we may find Chadwick closed often and visiting fans in corner of FB, so gates would be open (assuming crowds back to normal)

That's cos FB stand is out of bounds. No reason whatsoever to keep the exit to Rugby Road shut post match.

2 hours ago, killiekosmos said:

I accept that the decision is probably that of the match commander. My criticism of the Board is accepting a ridiculous decision from the Match Commander. How many times have we now seen around 100 fans from say Ross County or Hamilton or St Johnston and the Rugby Road gates closed. I want our Board to fight our corner and stop this nonsense before a precedent is set and keeping the Rugby Road gates closed becomes the norm.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Watching the Airdrie Motherwell game. Nowhere near the same stringent crowd control.. it's free seating.  And that's a derby.

Also, celtic got 24500 for their first home game. If we haven't asked for at least 6k it's a disgrace.

This. 2,000 or 2,750 would be an absolute joke. All season ticket holders I could contend with but still not ideal - 6k isn't an unreasonable number at all to be requesting.