Ayr Capacity (3,692) & Club Ticketing Issues

heynow2005

The SPFL and the BBC would have wanted a high profile match, preferably a derby, to kick off with.

They couldn't have known what the state of Covid restrictions would be - could have been stricter or more relaxed - and probably didn't care much.

If it hadn't been us it would have been someone else.

4 minutes ago, skygod said:

The SPFL and the BBC would have wanted a high profile match, preferably a derby, to kick off with.

They couldn't have known what the state of Covid restrictions would be - could have been stricter or more relaxed - and probably didn't care much.

If it hadn't been us it would have been someone else.

Exactly my point.

The SPFL and BBC want a high profile match, even if supporters can’t actually get there to see it.

They had no idea what restrictions would be like and probably didn’t care.

And even if they had picked a similarly high profile fixture for TV purposes, the main problem still exists regarding club finances and supporters attending.

When do you fit the high profile fixtures in then? We have to play Ayr four times, it would be a fool who thinks they could reliably predict when these games could be scheduled so they weren’t impacted by any restrictions. There are just too many variables involved. 

5 minutes ago, Zorro said:

When do you fit the high profile fixtures in then? We have to play Ayr four times, it would be a fool who thinks they could reliably predict when these games could be scheduled so they weren’t impacted by any restrictions. There are just too many variables involved. 

There are, and nothing can be guaranteed, but at the time of scheduling the road map was already in place so I think the footballing authorities could have at least went with that and worked out what's what. If the situation changed then so be it, it's strange timesriggt now and some things can't be helped, but at least give it a fighting chance.

I couldn't believe it when the fixtures came out and they had this one down so early on, makes absolutely no sense, and I see they haven't done the same for Glasgow, Edinburgh or Dundee derby's so why us? Them not giving a f**k.

Edited by Dieter's Heeder

2 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

There are, and nothing can be guaranteed, but at the time of scheduling the road map was already in place so I think the footballing authorities could have at least went with that and worked out what's what. If the situation changed then so be it, it's strange timesriggt now and some things can't be helped, but at least give it a fighting chance.

I couldn't believe it when the fixtures came out and they had this one down so early on, makes absolutely no sense, and I see they haven't done the same for Glasgow, Edinburgh or Dundee derby's so why us? Them not giving a f**k.

I actually take it as a compliment that they’ve not scheduled our games against Ayr up against one of the City derbies. It is recognition that this is one of the biggest and most eagerly anticipated fixtures in the football calendar. The fact it’s been so long since we’ve faced each other on league duty only heightens the anticipation. 

The roadmap only signposted a route out of the restrictions in place at that time. They didn’t give a clear picture of what factors may necessitate further restrictions. As I said too many variables. The biggest being the government has so far failed to react consistently to the threat posed by COVID. 

14 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No it wouldnt.

Letting folk who have put £300+ in and more than likely written off the same last year, have priority first, is the blatantly obvious way of being the best and fairest way.

That's kinda how loyality in football works. Players wages dont pay themselves. No season tickets sold = no club.

why just include last year, what about people who have had ST for more than 25 years? shouldnt they get priority?

killie have sold ST for this season, people who have bought them for this season should all have an equal chance of a ticket.

47 minutes ago, Bhamkillieken said:

why just include last year, what about people who have had ST for more than 25 years? shouldnt they get priority?

killie have sold ST for this season, people who have bought them for this season should all have an equal chance of a ticket.

Because people who bought last year did so with no guarantee they were going to get to games.

They showed some faith in the club during the pandemic so this is the club saying thanks to those that did it.

I just don't understand where this "loyalty" stops.

For example, you didn't have a ST last year but do this year. And it works out you get 15/18 games this season. Do you get a loyalty discount/ballot next season because you missed 3 games this season due to ballot. Average admission of £22 per game pay at the gate. Works out at £330 worth you would receive from your £350 ticket.

As I said elsewhere, being technically an exile now, I haven't bought one.

Just trying to ask a level headed question on it 

51 minutes ago, Fudger said:

I never ended up buying one last year as my job was on a very shoogily peg (and still is to an extent) and reduced salary. Decided to go for it this year and bought me and two kids. 

I have no issue whatsoever with those who paid up for feck all last year getting some perks this year. 

we have sold season tickets for this season, the game is this season, that is all that counts. 

it should not matter what part of the stadium or what ticket you have all season ticket holders should have the same chance of getting in to the game, anything else is unfair. 

7 minutes ago, Bhamkillieken said:

we have sold season tickets for this season, the game is this season, that is all that counts. 

it should not matter what part of the stadium or what ticket you have all season ticket holders should have the same chance of getting in to the game, anything else is unfair. 

I assume from your user name that you're in Birmingham.........if so then why is it such a big deal to you?

Looking for bites I suspect.

1 hour ago, Bhamkillieken said:

Because last year those who paid for  a ST didnt get to games and didnt request a refund. That's why it's called a Loyalty ST. It really is that simple.

48 minutes ago, Bhamkillieken said:

Wonder what folk would have said if 2700 folk had taken refunds last season? Lotaliry gets rewarded and if that means waiving the right to a £370 refund, then I think a two tier ballot is fair for this season. 

34 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Then people can't try and moan that fans don't buy ST when it actually works out cheaper to pay at the gate.

It also works out cheaper not paying £370 to fund a team during a pandemic so folk can watch on stream for zilch.

Lifes not fair. Not sure folk who stumped up £370 last season only not to get inside the stadium, being allowed first dibs on a one off game is top of the unfair league table.