Ayr Capacity (3,692) & Club Ticketing Issues

heynow2005

5 minutes ago, gjkillie007 said:

Would like to know why you think that would be the case? At £350 for 17 matches there seems to be little incentive to buy now - unless you think restrictions will remain preventing walk-ups?

By walk ups you mean P.A.TG?plenty of other businesses you need to prebook just know that you previously could just turn up

Ok thats better than 2000 however it all too conveniently aligns with season ticket numbers. Restricting to season ticket holders only will no doubt also mean the crowd on the night will be a good bit lower than 3692 - can't see all of the family season ticket holders with young kids attending this one plus it might be tricky for those who stay further away to get to the game on a Monday night.

Limiting to season ticket holders only is too restrictive and it would be good to have an opt out for those who cant attend to free up tickets for others.

Fair play to the club, probably all they could manage under the circumstances. Actually guess its a little over what would normally have been allowed but ways and means have brought around a compromise, hence the very exact figure.

The spfl have probably cost the club a huge chunk of money by scheduling this game first though which is a shame. Also does nothing to sell Scottish football as a whole.

6 minutes ago, KillieDJ said:

Still being made to use entry times I see, what happens if you can’t make it for then? Do the stewards stop entry if you arrive at a later time?

No, I was 10 minutes later on Saturday and they were on to the next block. No issues and they let me go straight in.

4 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Fair play to the club, probably all they could manage under the circumstances. Actually guess its a little over what would normally have been allowed but ways and means have brought around a compromise, hence the very exact figure.

The spfl have probably cost the club a huge chunk of money by scheduling this game first though which is a shame. Also does nothing to sell Scottish football as a whole.

The circumstances are a lot of the clubs own doing though. They don’t appear to have been particularly well organised and the manner in which the works in the Moffat are being done are an absolute clusterf**k. They should never have been started until all restrictions were lifted.

You can’t blame the SPFL. A showpiece game to open the season is IMO good marketing. 

1 minute ago, gjkillie007 said:

Assuming restrictions are lifted for next home game the club should reduce season tickets to £330 for adult. Might encourage some more sales.

100% agree ... ideally we should keep them on sale for pretty much the whole season and reduce price accordingly after each home game

13 minutes ago, Kfc_sjp said:

Ok thats better than 2000 however it all too conveniently aligns with season ticket numbers. Restricting to season ticket holders only will no doubt also mean the crowd on the night will be a good bit lower than 3692 - can't see all of the family season ticket holders with young kids attending this one plus it might be tricky for those who stay further away to get to the game on a Monday night.

Limiting to season ticket holders only is too restrictive and it would be good to have an opt out for those who cant attend to free up tickets for others.

Some people wouldn’t be happy regardless.

12 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Or you could look at it positively and say that the SPFL has given us an ideal opportunity to showcase our product for free to a free-to-air television audience.

Combine it with this and turn a negative into a positive. 

6 minutes ago, gjkillie007 said:

Assuming restrictions are lifted for next home game the club should reduce season tickets to £330 for adult. Might encourage some more sales.

Just now, KC 1965 said:

Slight issue is that I drive others down from Glasgow - normally seated together ( I know wait for the red cards) but could all be in different stands with different entry times now oh well at least we can go now 

Can you not apply as a group?

4 minutes ago, KC 1965 said:

Slight issue is that I drive others down from Glasgow - normally seated together ( I know wait for the red cards) but could all be in different stands with different entry times now oh well at least we can go now 

Being at the game will make it easier but it makes attending the football a lot harder than it should be. First entry could be 1830 or earlier and last exit after 2200. Add to that travel and it’s an effort for many. 

59 minutes ago, gjkillie007 said:

Would you lot give it a rest with the "bed wetting" and "knicker wetting" crap. It's boring. Some people have genuine concerns and points they want to discuss. If you don't like it just ignore, no need to wet your knickers about it.

There's been folk ripping the club for there apparently being different tiers of fans etc, accusations of elitism and all sorts, and yet it was a total fuss about nothing as all ST holders have been accommodated. 

Now all we need to put up with is hearing from the 14,000 folk who will now claim they were just about to buy a ST between now and Monday 

12 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Can you not apply as a group?

Seems the club are to decide where we all sit - account to be taken for family st holders - but lots of people in my stand had just one child with them not part of a family ticket group - dunno how they deal with that 

23 minutes ago, piffer said:

The circumstances are a lot of the clubs own doing though. They don’t appear to have been particularly well organised and the manner in which the works in the Moffat are being done are an absolute clusterf**k. They should never have been started until all restrictions were lifted.

You can’t blame the SPFL. A showpiece game to open the season is IMO good marketing. 

The crowds are part of what makes it a showpiece game, a big part of it.  

Wouldn't scheduling the Dundee derby or Edinburgh derby for the first game also be good marketing by that logic? And if so, why one and not the other?

Given the preferential treatment for loyalty STH (rightfully so) there will obviously have been people putting off buying ST till the allocation was announced.

Add to that payday is this week and there could be genuine supporters missing out who would have bought STs before Monday.

Personally I was swaying to buying one but it would have been based on guaranteed entry on Monday because I’ll definitely miss at least 5 or 6 home games over a season.

The random capacities allowed for different clubs and different stadiums are the issue, I’m not quite sure supporters of the same club should be infighting over who deserves to be at a game more.