Ayr Capacity (3,692) & Club Ticketing Issues

heynow2005

Watching Motherwell v Hibs game on TV. Assuming Killie and Motherwell are both adhering to Council requirements for Covid compliance, then either East Ayrshire Council Officers have an overly restrictive interpretation or the ones in North Lanarkshire are very lax.  The idea of having rows and spaces left beside fans certainly not an issue in the Motherwell v Hibs game

52 minutes ago, KC 1965 said:

Just asking how could they change his seat or yours when every available one has been allocated to a season ticket holder and there are a lot of us who don't even know where we are sitting yet 

Just because we’re only allowed 3692 fans in I would imagine there will be area’s available to allocate to resolve issues like mine. 

4 minutes ago, Shug2930 said:

Watching Motherwell v Hibs game on TV. Assuming Killie and Motherwell are both adhering to Council requirements for Covid compliance, then either East Ayrshire Council Officers have an overly restrictive interpretation or the ones in North Lanarkshire are very lax.  The idea of having rows and spaces left beside fans certainly not an issue in the Motherwell v Hibs game

Do we not still have a suspended fine or ban against us from last season if so it would explain our caution

53 minutes ago, Loudoun Killie said:

The comments by some clowns on here are nothing short of disgusting. The club isn’t sitting back hoping everything will be ok, there are people working their socks off to sort this out for us all. Including the Trust Director who is doing it (and everything else she does) for NOTHING!! I don’t see any of the self righteous brigade putting their entitled hands up to help in any way. Idiots!

It’s hardly difficult for the club to communicate a bit better through Twitter, Facebook and website as a bare minimum during this ticket shambles. I’m sure staff are working hard but the players last season worked hard and look how that turned out.

31 minutes ago, Galdunc11 said:

The SLO is someone else who seems to get his arse kicked at every opportunity by some. Another unpaid position. No idea why people put themselves forward to help. Maybe we need to see the role spec for both to fully understand what they are and more importantly aren’t responsible for.

Presumably there are people whose paid job is to run the club in these areas and who we should be asking these vital questions of. 

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/club/supporter-services/slo/

4 minutes ago, DuncD said:

It’s hardly difficult for the club to communicate a bit better through Twitter, Facebook and website as a bare minimum during this ticket shambles. I’m sure staff are working hard but the players last season worked hard and look how that turned out.

Right, stop sorting out those tickets and someone man the social media platforms. I can see a flaw in that plan. A torrent of abuse for being on Twitter and not being in the office sorting out the tickets for starters, you know it would happen.

4 hours ago, lonewolfie said:

System clearly not working as it should. Emailed at 1330 about me and my son. Got text/email/confirm of our seats in East Stand 5 mins later. Looks like they are firefighting and responding to emails as they arrive. Shambles.

I would suggest they certainly are not responding to emails as they receive them. I have sent 2 emails at 10.52 and 13.02 today. It is now 18.21 and I have had no response from either. 

6 minutes ago, blues said:

Right, stop sorting out those tickets and someone man the social media platforms. I can see a flaw in that plan. A torrent of abuse for being on Twitter and not being in the office sorting out the tickets for starters, you know it would happen.

It would take less than a minute to post 

“Killie fans, apologies for delay in the tickets for Ayrshire derby. Currently experiencing problems with ticketing company. All ST holders will obtain their ticket prior to kick off tomorrow. Thanks for being patient.”

Hardly difficult. Then fans can feel a bit more assured 

1 hour ago, Loudoun Killie said:

The comments by some clowns on here are nothing short of disgusting. The club isn’t sitting back hoping everything will be ok, there are people working their socks off to sort this out for us all. Including the Trust Director who is doing it (and everything else she does) for NOTHING!! I don’t see any of the self righteous brigade putting their entitled hands up to help in any way. Idiots!

Yes they should be applauded.

But if the club was run in anything remotely approaching a professional manner, it wouldn't be up to fans to try and help sort out there mess. 

It is hardly like this is an isolated incident. 

There is still some amount of happy clappy, don't blame the club attitudes. 

We are customers and have every right to expect to be treated far better. 

Rather than just now where it feels like we are just expected to turn up like mugs and ignore the s**t fest going on. 

1 minute ago, killie billies pal said:

4,500 home fans out of Fir Park inside five minutes, I would like to think there will be no holding us back .

Hibs fans celebrating at the ends was a sight to behold , fans standing side by side cheering on their team 

Shocking no social distancing 

13 minutes ago, DuncD said:

It would take less than a minute to post 

“Killie fans, apologies for delay in the tickets for Ayrshire derby. Currently experiencing problems with ticketing company. All ST holders will obtain their ticket prior to kick off tomorrow. Thanks for being patient.”

Hardly difficult. Then fans can feel a bit more assured 

And it would save having to field phone enquiries. 

4 minutes ago, skygod said:

It’s disgraceful that a small country like Scotland has adjacent local authorities and police match commanders imposing different regulations.

It looks like Motherwell admitted their season ticket holders and Hibs visitors on a “Come away in and find yourself a seat” basis, while we are being put through the hoops.

Apologies if I’m wrong but it seems like some individuals are acting like power-crazed fannies. 

Skydog, my brother in law is a hibs fan and was at the game. On arrival they had seat numbers but once inside he said it was a free for all, police and stewards weren't bothered. Didn't see the game but he said the young team for motherwell were all together. Appears rules are different depending on council. 

4 minutes ago, skygod said:

It’s disgraceful that a small country like Scotland has adjacent local authorities and police match commanders imposing different regulations.

It looks like Motherwell admitted their season ticket holders and Hibs visitors on a “Come away in and find yourself a seat” basis, while we are being put through the hoops.

Apologies if I’m wrong but it seems like some individuals are acting like power-crazed fannies. 

Maybe we should be turning our wrath on those responsible at EAC for these nonsensical requirements and name and shame and ask them to explain their reasoning. 

I take it it’s medical professional driven? If so do they not speak with their equivalents in other local authorities and apply some logic and consistency.

We simply can go on like this in East Ayrshire. As was seen at the Stranraer game, sitting in excessively hot conditions for up to three hours with drinking water restrictions can’t be anything but bad for your health.

Madness!

I have no doubt that anyone working in the ticket office over the past 72 hours will have been doing the best they can with the resources they have avaliable.

The big frustration for me is that over thec past couple of years theres been such a concerted effort to improve data collection along with moving to a dedicated ticket platform provider, i dont understand how the club haven't progressed with building various databases/ sources that could easily have been used to help with the allocation process.

Ongoing restrictions were pretty foreseeable, the club should have been working on various options of how best to react over the past 6 months or so. Other businesses and football clubs have managed, why not us?

Edited by Farmer in the City

8 minutes ago, Barneyboy said:

Skydog, my brother in law is a hibs fan and was at the game. On arrival they had seat numbers but once inside he said it was a free for all, police and stewards weren't bothered. Didn't see the game but he said the young team for motherwell were all together. Appears rules are different depending on council. 

We’ve established that different councils have different local rules but once inside the stadium it’s surely up to the stewards to apply the rules eg masks, distancing.

If the law has been broken the police should step in but it’s down to minimum wage stewards to step in and I can assure you that ain’t going to happen so of course it will be a free for all thus rendering  any procedures laid down a waste of time.

The bottom line is that football is watched outdoors, in the fresh air, where the chances of infection are drastically reduced to the point of being virtually nil. The idea that stands have sides and that makes a difference is nonsense. All the staggered arrival times and staggered exit for the size of crowds in the league cup were entirely disproportionate and surely just for show or as some form of perverse punishment of football fans.

34 minutes ago, skygod said:

Am I right in remembering that our covid fine remains suspended? Wonder if we're taking an abundance of caution as a result