Ayr Capacity (3,692) & Club Ticketing Issues

heynow2005

I’m not sure it’s as easy as laying the blame with Ticketco. The club did the allocations and sent them to Ticketco. Either there were issues with the transfer or allocation.

Don’t believe that Ticketco allocated seats behind the TV gantry as they would have no idea where that was. Looks like there are issues at both ends of this. The club and Ticketco. Also it will have been a nightmare for Ticketco dealing with multiple requests for individual changes. 

Club should have allocated the seats as they know the stadium best. Club should then send the file to Ticketco who send the emails in batches. What should have been a simple process has turned into an absolute mess. 

Edited by MarkyMark

51 minutes ago, Mowgli said:

The question now is, are they not dealing with the emails directed to [email protected], as we were requested to contact, and now those that are sent through by Cathy and Gregg or those that turn up at the ticket office?

Could be there is too big a backlog on those emails. I emailed the club like many others yesterday morning. I don’t know if that helped my cause or not as my ticket arrived shortly after. If those emails are still sitting but people now have tickets then it’s more for ticket staff to sift through. 

I know of a few new season ticket holders that bought a season ticket after the 6pm deadline but have now received a ticket after contacting due to some people handing theirs back.

Just in case anyone is in the same boat and didn't think they would get one for the Ayr game.

Had emailed Gregg at 11.30 re our group he sent them all to me just over an hour later - our original st row is blanked out for spacing but I actually got the seat directly in front of mine others in same row although to my right not left - probably exactly my preferred option if had been doing it myself - good luck to everyone else - there is light at the end of the tunnel - cmon the killie 

9 minutes ago, Pedro'sBrither said:

How likely are they to refuse entry if you're beyond your entry time? Asking anyone who experienced the 2 Cup games and if they know of anyone who was knocked back for being late??

The entry times thing feels totally perplexing.  They're so close together for each stand that the queue is going to be a mixture of people for various blocks - I really can't see anyone getting KB'd over it.  There's only going to be a few hundred people in each stand.

6 minutes ago, Estragon said:

The entry times thing feels totally perplexing.  They're so close together for each stand that the queue is going to be a mixture of people for various blocks - I really can't see anyone getting KB'd over it.  There's only going to be a few hundred people in each stand.

It was pretty smooth getting in at both cup games. Not sure how many people were observing the timetable though. Biggest holdup I saw at the Stranraer game was folk decanting drinks into cups

TicketCo have the fantastic portfolio of organising Altrincham, Brackley and Cove Rangers games. No idea why we decided to put this kind of thing out to an amateur outfit - its asking for trouble. Little things like I can't add my season ticket to the app because I bought it on the website - amateur stuff.

Club didn't help themselves with the communication or lack thereof and its probably dampened what should be a great event for a lot of people. Hopefully everyone gets in and we can all roar the gid guys through to 3 points.

29 minutes ago, Pedro'sBrither said:

How likely aThery are only trying to re they to refuse entry if you're beyond your entry time? Asking anyone who experienced the 2 Cup games and if they know of anyone who was knocked back for being late??

It is only intended to control the entrance of the crowd into the stadium in an orderly way.

The odd person arriving at the wrong time is neither here nor there.

They probably have no legal right to deny entry to anyone arriving late.

11 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

Just spent two hours eating lunch in The Pavilion and watching a queue that was never less than ten people but seldom more than twenty. They all seemed to be there just so that they could get a piece of paper instead of 'something' on their phones. Strange.

Maybe the reason they were there was because they hadn’t received “something” on their phone and were keen to have a paper ticket to gain entry. 

12 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

Just spent two hours eating lunch in The Pavilion and watching a queue that was never less than ten people but seldom more than twenty. They all seemed to be there just so that they could get a piece of paper instead of 'something' on their phones. Strange.

How is it strange son,not everyone has a smartphone'

24 minutes ago, skygod said:

They probably have no legal right to deny entry to anyone arriving late.

Exactly. They don’t.

Same for euro 2020/1 matches. The entry times are guidelines and non enforceable. Some people have work or child care etc commitments so can’t keep to their allocated time.