Morton Match Fred

CB

2 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

I have a sore throat from shouting at the ref.

That’s why masks had to be worn!

3 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Second half, keeper comes for ball, misses it completely, wipes out one of our players, as blatant a pen as you'll see.

Similar to one given against Loris (?) in the Euros. 

Haven’t seen a game yet but seems clear from the comments of those who have that Cameron is far from ready and we need someone to lead the line. 
Come on Tommy, we surely don’t need a superstar to get goals in that level of league. Just get in a 15+ striker and that would probably be all we needed.  

7 hours ago, historyman said:

Haven’t seen a game yet but seems clear from the comments of those who have that Cameron is far from ready and we need someone to lead the line. 
Come on Tommy, we surely don’t need a superstar to get goals in that level of league. Just get in a 15+ striker and that would probably be all we needed.  

There wasn’t a striker in the championship last season who scored 15.Boyce was tops with 14 and no one else was on double figures. 

7 hours ago, Dillinger said:

I have a sore throat from shouting at the ref. Missed that feeling. 

He was a dick all night. Gave a FK for a blatant studs-on-thigh by Lyons that could have been a red and was certainly a yellow, nothing given. Minutes later, Burke gets a pass away in the box and then gets royally clattered, no pen. 

Second half, keeper comes for ball, misses it completely, wipes out one of our players, as blatant a pen as you'll see.

Part of the problem with the group stage is players treating it like pre season. Another issue is officials doing the same. The ref and lino's acted like it was a friendly game. Stuff that is blatant cards just told to calm down

7 hours ago, casual observer said:

Cant see why so many have decided Clyde will beat Morton at Cappielow to be honest?

I think people are saying what we need to do to top the group.

We need to win and, if we do, the only team which can match our points total is Clyde, if they beat Morton.

16 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

There wasn’t a striker in the championship last season who scored 15.Boyce was tops with 14 and no one else was on double figures. 

It was a much shorter season in the championship last time , so in a (hopefully) full season ahead of us TW does need to find that striker capable of 15 plus goals if we are to get promoted , and have others too contributing regular goals 

I saw some good things last night, but I’m sorry to say it’s going to be a long season if it’s just big Innes leading the line. I’m not giving up on him but he’s not doing enough just now. Signing another striker is going to be essential.

I think we saw how important getting the first goal is going to be this season. They were very difficult to break down after they scored although I felt we could have done a bit more. I liked Polworth’s drive when he came on. Misplaced a few passes but he was at least trying to do something incisive rather than just going from side to side.

On the whole I’m pleased that we kept battling to the end and it was nice to finally see us win a shootout. Refreshing lack of long ball stuff as well I thought.

Thoroughly enjoyed being back, and thought we played relatively well.

As I presume with many of the games this season, if we lose the 1st goal earlyish it'll be everyman behind the ball and we'll have to break teams down. It's a strange situation to be in

Lots of positives, goalie looks good, Murray looks like the 1st player in donkeys who can shoot from outside the box! No aimless long balls, lots of quick passing.

Obviously missing that striker but it wasn't an easy setup last night, Morton rarely troubled us.

Onwards & upwards

11 hours ago, historyman said:

So we don’t need a striker then? We go with what we have? Seems to contradict most comments of those who watched the game. 

Edited by historyman

Watching the game last night we really seem to be setting up to play our from the back. Very rarely did the keeper look to kick the ball up the park. Instead he was rolling the ball to one of the defenders. This broke down a few times with really slack passing especially from E Murray. 

F Murray looks like he is going to be a player and hopefully a key member in us gaining promotion. I think we need to avoid playing Alston, McGinn and Lyons at the same time if we can as they are just to similar. Alot of side ways passing to retain possession but not much in penatrative balls to the attackers. There was a big difference when polworth came on.

Like most I want Cameron to succeed but at the moment he isn't showing much. Second game in a row where he has been non existent. Balls getting played in that he was nowhere near. Alot of times I was noticing he was too far Infront of the front post so even if he did get onto the ball it would be hard to score from. Defo need someone to help him up top. Maybe for Stranraer we could play him and Connell up top to see if we plays better with a partner rather than a lone striker.

Haunstrup needs to do better in the attacking area. Of all the times he got the ball in the final third about 95% of the time he checked back and looked to pass it to someone at the edge of the box. The odd time he did look to cross he put in decent balls that just needed someone to attack them.

How long do we wait though with Innes? And how long is he willing to wait? He needs to be given a chance, a good run of games before he can be judged surely, which he's never had at Killie. If he's not good enough, do we wait? Loan him out or bench him?.. In which case he won't learn much anyway? If he was to leave without getting a good season in the first team, fans would then turn round and then say, "he was never given a chance" which imo is a shame.

21 minutes ago, GCM said:

My only problem was, with so many new players it was difficult to see the numbers and deciding who was who. A few games and it will be easier.

You couldn't even see the number 11 on Armstrong's shirt last night when he came on, they stuck the black numbers on top of the blue stripes down the back....

Wondered how long it'd take for "I canny see the numbers" to happen. We knew it'd happen, but it's the price you pay for having a striped back. 11 in particular I spotted as a issue back in December last year.

Red numbers was off the cards. They're not a default option any more and we don't sell enough to make a custom run justifiable. I asked.