Morton Match Fred

CB

1 minute ago, virtuocity said:

Brand mew team is never going to hit the ground running. It’s not Champ Manager. Going to take some time, and they’ve already identified a couple of forwards to sign. Don’t give a toss about the cup.

You're absolutely not wrong, but as we said with some other managers, what you really want to see is the beginnings of a plan, and I don't think it's unfair to say that our plan appears to be largely "cross and pray" so far.  Maybe with time more fluidity in the team will allow more variety of play, but at the moment we look pretty easy to set up against.

2 minutes ago, jesper said:

The lack of attacking capability and likelihood of scoring is depressing. 

Morton aren't a bad team, but they're not good either. We're making them look better than they are. 

If we can't break down a team who haven't come here and parked the bus, I'm not looking forward watching our performances against the teams who will. No creativity. 

At this rate there will be no reason for any team to come and park the bus

2 minutes ago, historyman said:

Yep, stop messing about and waiting and  sign someone whose going to score some bloody goals. Just conceding in the group stages of a national trophy isn’t good enough even if promotion is the clear priority 

As if it’s that easy. Who do we get in?

Just now, gjkillie007 said:

That's for Mr Fowler to worry about. Unfortunately all the current evidence points to him being a total failure in his role

I don't know if this is the time or the place, but I was never convinced by that appointment.  It's especially pointless now we have such an experienced manager.

2 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Some positives in first half but overall For first home game it’s been shocking…..our “style” is so slow, predictable and pedestrian …….no dynamism in central midfield and no cutting edge or movement in box 

Perfect description of "Honking"

7 minutes ago, historyman said:

Yep, stop messing about and waiting and  sign someone whose going to score some bloody goals. Just conceding in the group stages of a national trophy isn’t good enough even if promotion is the clear priority 

Looks to me that we will be dipping into the loan market for a striker, can't see us bringing anyone in who isn't already at a club by now