Line up face Stranraer

Craigieboy

If waters is fit then I expect he will get a shot at LB. I would like to see how Connell would do in the number 10 role supporting Cameron, but I think TW might have him on the bench and use him for an impact sub as we are light in the attacking options just now with Robinson still Injured. If that is the case then I can see Polworth starting in that forward midfield position and Lyons starting with McGinn. For me Hemming has the No1 jersey but think Walker  will start so they have both had 2 games for TW to make his final judgement.LINEUP111626947600871.png.386edc12b66357ee02d7c417c5c1f60d.png

Happy to see things keep rotating because I've not had an issue with any of the guys who I've seen so far, nobody has looked like a worry. Hopefully Polworth starts though. Get 90 mins in his legs and give him as good a chance as possible of starting on the Ayr game. I'd also like to see a wee bit more of Armstrong.

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Happy to see things keep rotating because I've not had an issue with any of the guys who I've seen so far, nobody has looked like a worry. Hopefully Polworth starts though. Get 90 mins in his legs and give him as good a chance as possible of starting on the Ayr game. I'd also like to see a wee bit more of Armstrong.

Defo think Armstrong will start. Would be crazy to expect Burkie to start 3 games in a week especially after playing the full 90 on Tuesday and not to mention the heat during those games. Give him a rest so he is fully ready for the Ayr game.

Would like to see Polworth start, think he’ll be a big player for us this year. 
On Tuesday the midfielders didn’t seem to want to get on the ball except for McGinn. 
I understand you need forward runs to break the lines but you also need midfielders to play the passes into the forward players which didn’t really happen until Polworth came on

Would like Armstrong to start too, had a good impact when he came on

Walker

Naismith Murray stokes waters 

mcGinn

alston polworth

armstrong connell Murray 

worth a try if waters is fit give him a run, at home we should only really play one holding midfielder, and hopefully Alston and polworth can provide that pass to unlock the defence,  also time to give Connell a run out Cameron hasn’t done anything in the last two games so time to check out what Connell gives us. Think Burke needs a rest so let’s see what Armstrong can provide, Murray I think could play that free role  up front  coming in From the left. 

15 minutes ago, Big sexy said:

Really struggling to have any connection to this team and the manager .Like watching a junior team absolute strangers 

As opposed to the excrement served last season?

I am the opposite, the team looks promising, comfortable on the ball, keep going and don't lose faith when things arent coming off.

A few inches lower or wider could've seen us well clear the other night, Morton offered nowt, and we dominated the match more than i've seen us do for while.

We are just short that bit of quality up front.

But look at it this way, we've scored in every match, and the goals have been spread out too.  Midfield carries a threat, better croases will also see goals from our defence.  All round mich more promising than last season.

Edited by Beaker71

Just now, Beaker71 said:

As opposed to the excrement swrved last season?

I am the opposite, the team looks promising, comfotabke on the ball, keep going and dont lose faith when things arent coming off.

A few inches lower or wider xpildve seen us well clear the other night, Morton offered nowt, and we dominated the match more than ive seen us do for while.

But look at it this way, weve scored in every match, and the goals have been spread out too.  Midfield carries a threat, better croases will also see goals from our defence.  All round mich more promising than last season.

Lose against ayr and u will be in agreement with me 

10 minutes ago, Big sexy said:

Really struggling to have any connection to this team and the manager .Like watching a junior team absolute strangers 

Maybe that's because they are strangers to most of us. So were Power, Dicker,JJ, Bachmann, SoD, and Freddie Woodman, to most of our fans before they joined. Buy a programme and start the identification process. 

Just now, Big sexy said:

Nah, its a new team and Tommys teams are notorious slow starters.  I'm confident this will be an excellent season for us, and you'll be raging you started watching Darvel.

I've been saying from pre-season, we need to not panic and give the players to gel and the coaching staff get the right mix and tactics.

Btw as a son in law to one of the manky mob I will be fookin raging if we lose, but won't lose faith.

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

The team looks promising, 

I know it is going to take time but I have not seen anything so far to suggest this. We have looked less than lethal against 3 teams, well below the standard that we need to beat week in wek out if we are to challenge for promotiion. Others claim to percieve signs of greatness yet to be revealed but I myself can't see where it is coming from.

A few inches lower or wider could've seen us well clear the other night,

Could have said that about so many games last season. 

See above.

1 hour ago, Big sexy said:

As will quite a few others I'm sure.

I’m glad so many have given the new squad a real chance to show their worth before rushing to judgement ?I’m half expecting the white hankies to be waving from the stands by time we reach the FIRST league game of the season. There’s an element of the “support” frighteningly similar to arse cheek-type commentary on players who haven’t even learned they best way to get to training from their hoose yet!

2 hours ago, Big sexy said:

Easy solved.  Don't go to any games if that's how U feel nobody is making you watch them. 

But would it not be better to give the team and manager a chance. Rather than condemn them before the season really starts .

We’ve done little to get excited about so far. A 2-0 win against semi pro, non league opposition, a narrow win against a part time league 1 side and a last minute equaliser at home against (an expected) low end championship club. Let’s be realistic, for a team operating in the high end of the spl some short 2 years ago, it’s hard to get too enthused. I admire the attempt to be glass half full but we are not shouting “5/4 to win the league is a great bet”. That said, if you are in the camp to say it’s a fresh beginning with a new manager, there is some sense that Tommy is starting to shape a decent championship side.  I think in time we may be a good championship side. But we’ve gone back a huge jump in the recent times. And there is no point sugar coating it. Our standards have dropped and the expectations of many fans have adjusted accordingly. And if people accept mediocrity, guess what gets served up?

But. It may all come together. There are no dress rehearsals in the league though.. Ayr first up. Nothing less than a win will be acceptable.

16 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

We’ve done little to get excited about so far. A 2-0 win against semi pro, non league opposition, a narrow win against a part time league 1 side and a last minute equaliser at home against (an expected) low end championship club. Let’s be realistic, for a team operating in the high end of the spl some short 2 years ago, it’s hard to get too enthused. I admire the attempt to be glass half full but we are not shouting “5/4 to win the league is a great bet”. That said, if you are in the camp to say it’s a fresh beginning with a new manager, there is some sense that Tommy is starting to shape a decent championship side.  I think in time we may be a good championship side. But we’ve gone back a huge jump in the recent times. And there is no point sugar coating it. Our standards have dropped and the expectations of many fans have adjusted accordingly. And if people accept mediocrity, guess what gets served up?

But. It may all come together. There are no dress rehearsals in the league though.. Ayr first up. Nothing less than a win will be acceptable.

Your definitely a troll your so negative in ever post 

21 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

We’ve done little to get excited about so far. A 2-0 win against semi pro, non league opposition, a narrow win against a part time league 1 side and a last minute equaliser at home against (an expected) low end championship club. Let’s be realistic, for a team operating in the high end of the spl some short 2 years ago, it’s hard to get too enthused. I admire the attempt to be glass half full but we are not shouting “5/4 to win the league is a great bet”. That said, if you are in the camp to say it’s a fresh beginning with a new manager, there is some sense that Tommy is starting to shape a decent championship side.  I think in time we may be a good championship side. But we’ve gone back a huge jump in the recent times. And there is no point sugar coating it. Our standards have dropped and the expectations of many fans have adjusted accordingly.

But. It may all come together.

I selectively edited a wee bit of the end of it when quoting, but you absolutely nailed it with that post.

I think we've got a decent side there, but anybody that thinks we're a shoo-in to win this league is kidding themselves on.

We're a Championship side now (2 years after finishing 3rd in the top league.....), and you could see that on Tuesday night.

Having said that, there's going to be a lot of teams of similar standard in this division, and I think we might have a better manager than most of them do.

Actual picture will become much clearer come turn of the year I think ....

Edited by Dundonald_Killie

9 minutes ago, Longballexpert said:

Your definitely a troll your so negative in ever post 

Not true. Watched killie for 40 + years. I’ve posted as many positive posts as negative posts but naturally if you can see s**t coming you call it. If you see good times ahead, you call it. In terms of big picture stuff I think I’ve called it pretty well. Too many fans don’t read the vibes and over react based on individual results. It’s about “direction” of travel. I’ve been largely Negative since Dyer appointment. And look where we are at. I know the bad times and the good times. Just calling as it is. Championship standard. Worse than we been in 28 years. Fact. Struggling to beat teams in the lower leagues. What’s to deny in that? Doesn’t mean we can’t turn it around. I think we will. In time. If we keep Tommy and support him financially. But let’s not think we are shaping as any sort of top team. We are not showing any signs of that in recent performances.