What are you listening to?

killiefan27

2 hours ago, All the Wine said:

Aye discovered him earlier this year. Some real nice stuff. How was he live?

Saw him twice before with his band City and Colour in Glasgow and they were brilliant so hence the trip to Berlin, what i wasn't expecting was him to be playing without his band this time, found out that one of his best mates had passed away recently (i think he was in City and Colour) so he decided that rather than cancel the whole tour he would play them solo - absolutely amazing gig in a fantastic venue.What i really liked about the gig was that nobody sat recording it on their phones or tablet and very few people were taking photos - so different from gigs in the UK

Southern Culture on the skids, SCOTS album - The Electric Pinecones.  Some of it I love, some of it I don't, particularly the country style stuff. The best tracks sound like 60's West Coast bands, but even on the country style tracks the guitar playing is still very good. Also The Shins - Oh Inverted World. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 9:20 PM, mackpomm said:

Was bad news followed by worse news, sorry you missed him, very sad he's gone altogether.

Fortunately I saw him at Kelvingrove a couple of years ago and at places like the Fruit Market years ago. Even though he had went through serious health scares he put on a brilliant & funny performance. I've been listening to a lot of his albums recently, magic.

15 minutes ago, harley said:

Fortunately I saw him at Kelvingrove a couple of years ago and at places like the Fruit Market years ago. Even though he had went through serious health scares he put on a brilliant & funny performance. I've been listening to a lot of his albums recently, magic.

I had a couple of chances to see him but was always too busy, thinking next time. I can't remember what I thought I was too busy with now. Is there a country lyric in that? Yup been listening all the way through he's great company.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 6:07 AM, EKX16 said:

I don't know a great deal about Jazz but bought King of Blue cd by Miles Davis and thoroughly enjoyed it. Exploring different genres of music is cool. Yes I have been watching the Fast Show Jazz sketches.

That is a really nice choice.

A great little Jazz album I would recommend is Cape Town Revisited by the Abdullah Ibrahim Trio.

So easy going but fiery in places too, you can really hear them getting into it. The rhythms will have your foot tapping in no time. :)

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

That is a really nice choice.

A great little Jazz album I would recommend is Cape Town Revisited by the Abdullah Ibrahim Trio.

So easy going but fiery in places too, you can really hear them getting into it. The rhythms will have your foot tapping in no time. :)

Thanks Scooter will definitely listen to that on YouTube :D

On 6/20/2020 at 8:06 PM, Blackislekillie said:

Ghosts of West Virginia by Steve Earle. There are some songs on there that leave me speechless and one wich leaves me in tears.

I only have one Steve Earle cd.. Washington Square Serenade. Can you suggest any other CDs ?

2 hours ago, Blackislekillie said:

All of them...I'm a huge fan. You'll find most of them on Spotify but two of my favourites are Train a Comin and Sidetracks. 

Thanks. If the albums are anything like Washington Square Serenade I'll be purchasing more of his CDs.

On 6/20/2020 at 9:06 PM, Blackislekillie said:

Ghosts of West Virginia by Steve Earle. There are some songs on there that leave me speechless and one wich leaves me in tears.

Thanks I hadn't heard that.....mostly only tracks from Steve Earle and the Del McCoury Band....

• 2 weeks later...