Stranraer Match Fred

CB

After the debacle of the first game, happy with that job done and into the knockouts. We look a good side when we’re on it like the first 25 mins, a goal scorer in the door and more minutes together and we’ll be fine. Looking forward to the league season now hopefully get in to TTOP

5/10 performance overall

positives - dominated possession and created a few decent chances, time and time again got into great areas but final ball just wasn’t there. As I said on Wednesday, getting a striker in is vital

negatives - 2nd half performance in particular and no pressure on the ball. Far too often when teams get into wide areas, we do not seem to be able to stop the ball into the box, especially down our left hand side.

Need to improve for Ayr but no reason that we can’t start the season well. Just need to be far more clinical than we have been so far

Got the job done but the keeper kept us in it at 1-1. If they had got the goal then I sense the heads would really have gone down.

We must kill games when we are on top. Having the ball in your opponents 18 yard area so much as we did in the first half and not scoring will come back to haunt us if we cant find a goal scorer.

Gonna be a bit more of a challenge against Ayr.

20 minutes ago, bizza_89 said:

We should sign Josh Walker. He’s a player. Not often opposition gets clapped off the field when subbed. 

A swap deal for Cameron would be lovely 

He was our youth player up until a year or two ago when he got released. Was a decent player for the youths from what I remember so I’m not surprised he played well today

1 minute ago, virtuocity said:

Good strikers (eg that fud Lafferty) make things happen and get on the end of balls that poor strikers don’t.

That second half cross which was "too high" for Cameron, Lafferty gets his head on that because the ball was in the air for ages and he adjusts his feet.

Would still have been difficult to score but if you get it on target you have a chance.

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

That second half cross which was "too high" for Cameron, Lafferty gets his head on that because the ball was in the air for ages and he adjusts his feet.

Would still have been difficult to score but if you get it on target you have a chance.

I was thinking exactly the same at the time. 

7 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Did we score more penalties than them in the shootout?

If yes, we beat them

We didn't.

It was a draw and we were awarded a bonus point for winning a penalty shoot-out.

"In the event that at full time in a Group Match the score is tied or there have been no goals scored then each Club or club shall be allocated 1 point and Penalty Kicks shall be taken, with the winners of the Penalty Kick competition being awarded a further 1 bonus point."

• CB unpinned this topic

Another game where we made it so much more difficult for ourselves than it needed to be. If we were more clinical, then the game would have been over by halftime.

I'm pretty positive about our overall play. But if we can't take our chances then we are going to be in for a rough time.

Special mention again to F Murray I think he will be our standout player this year. He is so composed on the ball and has a rocket of a shot on him.