Rules for some and rules for others?

Pieboy

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Its not being stupid at all. It only takes a quick glance realise that directors etc are being classed as part of the club. They obviously fall into that bubble. If you have a genuine issue with it then take it up with the club but you have absolutely no idea who does and doesn't qualify as a club official.

As usually people are absolutely desperate to be outraged in this case because they weren't first choice for a ticket, but also would have been outraged if tickets were freely available and they didn't get preferential treatment. Email the club. Ask them why they let a wee boy sit in the main stand, or just bitch and moan about it with no detail of how the situation arose. It's far from a huge deal when we undersold for the game anyway.

I have taken it up. It’s nothing to do with the wee boy. It’s also nothing to do with whether we were undersold or not. It’s to do with setting stringent rules and then breaking them when it suits you. It really is an easy concept of all fans being treated in the same manner. And not breaking covid rules. I’ll await the club’s response. 

8 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Its not being stupid at all. It only takes a quick glance realise that directors etc are being classed as part of the club. They obviously fall into that bubble. If you have a genuine issue with it then take it up with the club but you have absolutely no idea who does and doesn't qualify as a club official.

As usually people are absolutely desperate to be outraged in this case because they weren't first choice for a ticket, but also would have been outraged if tickets were freely available and they didn't get preferential treatment. Email the club. Ask them why they let a wee boy sit in the main stand, or just bitch and moan about it with no detail of how the situation arose. It's far from a huge deal when we undersold for the game anyway.

There no classed as directors it’s only a expensive season ticket 

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

I have taken it up. It’s nothing to do with the wee boy. It’s also nothing to do with whether we were undersold or not. It’s to do with setting stringent rules and then breaking them when it suits you. It really is an easy concept of all fans being treated in the same manner. And not breaking covid rules. I’ll await the club’s response. 

We're not all the same though. We're in different bubbles. You don't know who is included in the bubble that's allowed in the red zone. You don't know if his seat is Chairman's Club or not, it's by no means a new thing for the Council to have tickets in the directors area. You're basing it on a picture of a wee boy on the main stand.

Were Billy Bowie's boys at the game? Probably. Main stand? Probably. It's a low move to be going after people over it because people in a family bubble are being allowed to sit with people who have been allowed to sit in the main stand.

I hope the Councillor didn't have binoculars with him, as the number of masks being worn on chins, no masks at all and folks sitting side by side with their mates was way higher yesterday than at the Morton game. 

There was even a family who chose to sit in one of the gap rows so that they could all be in the same area.

I know that it was incredibly hot, i know that going to the football currently feels like a sterile Orwellian experiment but my point is we need to be seen to comply with the rules we've set for ourselves. 

For those curious, I was in Section 10 of East Stand with one of my sons. 

2 hours ago, Zorro said:

So you think a father should be separated from their child at the football? I’d like to think a community club would demonstrate a bit of common sense in this situation. 

If it wasn’t for the fact I’ve posted on here for years, I’d genuinely struggle to believe grown men are upset about a kid getting to the football with his dad. Or is their something else behind the anger?

To be honest more pissed off I wasn’t allowed a bottle of water in that could last both myself and my 10 year old son a full 3 hours on a roasting hot day, wouldn’t happen in Bowhouse nick as it would infringe their rights 

1 hour ago, kerrwmorton said:

I hope the Councillor didn't have binoculars with him, as the number of masks being worn on chins, no masks at all and folks sitting side by side with their mates was way higher yesterday than at the Morton game. 

There was even a family who chose to sit in one of the gap rows so that they could all be in the same area.

I know that it was incredibly hot, i know that going to the football currently feels like a sterile Orwellian experiment but my point is we need to be seen to comply with the rules we've set for ourselves. 

For those curious, I was in Section 10 of East Stand with one of my sons. 

What have we become 

Heard a Chairmans Club {sic} season ticket is £2.5K. Chairmans Club ticket holders attended RP last season whilst the rest of us watched KTV. 

Suppose the point is, the more you pay, the more you get. Is that right though? Businesses buying these tickets will use them for all sorts of reasons, probably get tax breaks when buying them, will buy when business is good and drop out when business is bad. All normal you say. Should Chairmans Club season tickets be given priority to any other season ticket, especially given the club said no fans would be in the FB red zone? Cathy has dodged this issue a bit I think. 

Also, any politician in attendance at RP in these times, who is not a season ticket holder, is a hanger on and shouldn't be there in front of a paying season ticket holder. 

Edited by funky monkey

3 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Heard a Chairmans Club {sic} season ticket is £2.5K. Chairmans Club ticket holders attended RP last season whilst the rest of us watched KTV. 

Suppose the point is, the more you pay, the more you get. Is that right though? Businesses buying these tickets will use them for all sorts of reasons, probably get tax breaks when buying them, will buy when business is good and drop out when business is bad. All normal you say. Should Chairmans Club season tickets be given priority to any other season ticket, especially given the club said no fans would be in the FB red zone? Cathy has dodged this issue a bit I think. 

The least the club could do would be honest about it.