Championship - How's it going to go?

kfc_superteam

As someone above said, winning becomes a habit just as losing became one we couldn't shake last season.
Hopefully the fitba gods are smiling on us on Monday, what a start that wid be!

Reversing our traditional slow start might be a good idea, but I don't see any team running away with this... that being said, Dunfermline fans on Twitter seem pretty confident after signing Dorrans.
image.png.7d4ba6f8fcb25d46d86783c7d814fbe0.png

With each passing day the standard of the Championship seems to be getting higher and higher on here. Come the Ayr game some will have it on par with the EPL. Compared to recent years this is the best time to be playing in the Championship with no Hearts, Rangers, Hibs etc. 

Some decent business up top and there’s no reason why this squad over the course of the season can’t finish 1st. 

Such a strange feeling going in to this season. I think we will do well and be there or there abouts at the end of the season and with a following wind will win the league. I do have this feeling that the prize for winning the league is not that attractive - scraping around the bottom of a league obsessed with the arse cheeks is not a huge amount of fun. Might feel different at the end of the season but it feels good going in to the start of the season as the team to beat. Not sure if this makes much sense ?

1 hour ago, gjkillie007 said:

Such a strange feeling going in to this season. I think we will do well and be there or there abouts at the end of the season and with a following wind will win the league. I do have this feeling that the prize for winning the league is not that attractive - scraping around the bottom of a league obsessed with the arse cheeks is not a huge amount of fun. Might feel different at the end of the season but it feels good going in to the start of the season as the team to beat. Not sure if this makes much sense ?

We've went from the arse cheeks to the arse holes (Ayr & Partick)

Two Championship games and two different performances, However the attitude of the Team in both games was the same, A late winner today is a good sign, playing not great and winning is a positive sign.

I think last season we would have sat back hoping to hold on for a draw and as we saw when we did that we lost games late on.

We were shut down on both wings, Like last season when Teams figured us out, But the difference this time is the Midfield, With McGinn holding we have Alston and Polworth linking better with the attacks. The goal came from a passing to the feet of the attacker who turned and split the defence with his pass to Naismith , Through the middle. Once they all clck I can see more goals from Midfield.

Only negative for me was Murray and Cameron , But they are young and young players are inconsistent. You tend to find they will go missing if they are struggling in a match.

The young lad on loan and Armstrong , Should be brought in next game perhaps.They have   played every game I believe, Perhaps rest them for a game.

50 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Two Championship games and two different performances, However the attitude of the Team in both games was the same, A late winner today is a good sign, playing not great and winning is a positive sign.

I think last season we would have sat back hoping to hold on for a draw and as we saw when we did that we lost games late on.

We were shut down on both wings, Like last season when Teams figured us out, But the difference this time is the Midfield, With McGinn holding we have Alston and Polworth linking better with the attacks. The goal came from a passing to the feet of the attacker who turned and split the defence with his pass to Naismith , Through the middle. Once they all clck I can see more goals from Midfield.

Only negative for me was Murray and Cameron , But they are young and young players are inconsistent. You tend to find they will go missing if they are struggling in a match.

The young lad on loan and Armstrong , Should be brought in next game perhaps.They have   played every game I believe, Perhaps rest them for a game.

Recon that team will grow together as they get used to each other. Getting points on board as we gel is definitely a bonus. 

58 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

I felt for both a bit. Cameron had three CBs on him most of the game. Gibson who I thought was arguably the best player on the park was all over Murray and he wasn’t getting much from Haunstrup who looks a nervous wreck and completely shot of confidence

I had no idea how we would do so I’m seriously delighted with 6 points. Some good signs in there between the two games. Looking really solid defensively which is a welcome change.

Just from a personal perspective it’s been a while since  I’ve been so disappointed in a signing as Haunstrup. Thought he was a real coup but hasn’t stood out at all. Something lacking there. Anyway great win and on to the next one..

On 7/28/2021 at 12:49 AM, RayD said:

As someone above said, winning becomes a habit just as losing became one we couldn't shake last season.
Hopefully the fitba gods are smiling on us on Monday, what a start that wid be!

Reversing our traditional slow start might be a good idea, but I don't see any team running away with this... that being said, Dunfermline fans on Twitter seem pretty confident after signing Dorrans.
image.png.7d4ba6f8fcb25d46d86783c7d814fbe0.png

Alright we’re only two games in but this stuff is starting to look a bit foolish from the Pars ?

Normally, I am very cautious regarding Killie. However, avoiding key injuries, I think we will be fine this season. O think we have to much depth in the squad already, over a 36 game season to win this league. 

Other teams in the Championship will struggle if they lose key players and I think yesterday showed we can win ugly if we need to. 

Most impressive thing for me is the togetherness of the squad and that will only improve.

I think we are on our way. 

The championship is such a fascinating league- more so when we’re not in it. 3 points can literally be the difference between playoffs for demotion or playoffs for promotion.

Initially I thought Dunfermline would be our nearest competitors as I thought they recruited well, but what a poor start they’ve had. 

It’s only early days but I’m glad I’m not an Accies fan- the potential is there for them to go straight back down. Although we’ll get a good test of where we are when we play them in a few weeks. 

I do think we’ll win, but I don’t think it’ll be easy, and there are still some tweaks to be made to the team. 

Think we'll have a much better idea of how the season will go after we play both ICT and Hamilton, two of the teams that on the surface at least will be tougher opponents than A*r and QOS, particularly ICT who will surely be strong at home. The Thistle game on 18 Sept could be a cracker against potential promotion rivals. We will have BIG support restrictions permitting. Bring it on.

6 hours ago, carpetfitter said:

Think we'll have a much better idea of how the season will go after we play both ICT and Hamilton, two of the teams that on the surface at least will be tougher opponents than A*r and QOS, particularly ICT who will surely be strong at home. The Thistle game on 18 Sept could be a cracker against potential promotion rivals. We will have BIG support restrictions permitting. Bring it on.

Yes, better perspective after these games. Although Inverness game is at home I think.

2 hours ago, Estragon said:

Think we might be agonising too much over a "20+ goal striker". In the last 10 years only Shankland (twice) and Dobbie have hit more than twenty in this division - with Martyn Waghorn and Rory Loy each scoring exactly 20 on one occasion each.

If not we are going to need 3 players in double figures if we are to cruise the league.

I don't see that in this team.