Drug deaths in Scotland

gdevoy

3 hours ago, RAG said:

Scotland also has an abnormally high suicide rate for men in the 35-44 age category.

Both effects of deprivation, deindustrialisation and arguably demise of traditional gender roles and / or family unit to blame. Men in deprivation in 21c, much less likely to be married than men aged 35-44 in 1970s, much less likely to be in stable employment, both factors in mental health issues or substance abuse. That’s not to say society should row the clock back, but more has to be done to understand wtf is going on. 

There are two very contemprorary contributary factors to the mess you describe above

1) Deindustrialisation on a massive scale.

2) The political idealogical nonsense that a female on her own can provide a parental environment equal to what she could provide with the child's father as a partner (provided he is not a total f**king waster ..... obviously).  

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

There are two very contemprorary contributary factors to the mess you describe above

2) The political idealogical nonsense that a female on her own can provide a parental environment equal to what she could provide with the child's father as a partner (provided he is not a total f**king waster ..... obviously).  

Wow, just wow. 

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

That’s up there with your thinking the minimal unit price for alcohol is a factor in the drug deaths!!!!

18 minutes ago, Jasg said:

That’s up there with your thinking the minimal unit price for alcohol is a factor in the drug deaths!!!!

So in your universe when you price alchohol out of the market for career allies the go, hey, I cant affoard this now, I must give AA a call right away".

It might make folks with a borderline drink problem think to ease back but you are not going to tackle serious alchohol problems by hiking the price.

But for the avoidance of doubt I at no time suggested minimumunit pricing was a major factor in drug deaths or even a significant factor. What I did say was it was the only viable factor the MSM could use.

I cant see how folks like Mackean can buy the MSM syggestion the SNP are in some way culpable here.

Edited by gdevoy

6 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

So in your universe when you price alchohol out of the market for career allies the go, hey, I cant affoard this now, I must give AA a call right away".

It might make folks with a borderline drink problem think to ease back but you are nit going to tackle serious alchohol problems by hiking the price.

But for the avoidance of doubt I at no time suggested minimumunit pricing was a major factor in drug deaths ir even a significant factor. What I did say was it was the only viable factor the MSM could use.

I cant see how folks like Mackean can buy the MSM syggestion the SNP are in some way culpable here.

No the career alkies in springside are drinking as much as before,minimal unit price has had no affect on there consumption

10 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I ventured into the Political Arena section for the first time in months today.

I'll see you all in another 15 year

10 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Because they look for and grasp at anything which reinforces their belief, that SNP bad, Union and WM rule good.

They are desparate for a return to their forelock tugging comfort blanket.

Theyve been indoctrined to acceot that we as a nation are inferior and incapabake of doing anythimg without it beimg backed, support or provided from a unionist perspective.

Doesnt even matter now how tenuous or in many cases how patently ridiculous.

21 minutes ago, Zorro said:

She did the service at my mum’s funeral. She was very good. I didn’t know she worked for the tourist board. 

She won’t be doing any more then, she’s had her authorisation taken away. She deleted her text and tried to say she was promoting safe swimming ? You and her please keep going though. It’s a good insurance policy against us ever getting Indy!!

Edited by Mclean07

I see our resident lover of sibservience is at his interweb trawling for anything SNP baaad again.

Pity he didnt channel the energy he wastes abusing his own people, and telling them to get back in their box and accept the subservience to their overlords, into making his country or even his football team better.

Glad I blocked his posts, so much better for your mental health and blood pressure, as he is so rabidly anti Scottish he would fit in wonderfly with the sevconians.

3 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

She won’t be doing any more then, she’s had her authorisation taken away. She deleted her text and tried to say she was promoting safe swimming ? You and her please keep going though. It’s a good insurance policy against us ever getting Indy!!

You don’t require any legal authorisation to lead a funeral. Absolutely anyone can act as a celebrant at one. Even you. She also does weddings. She did one for a couple of female friends of mine about five years ago. Again a lovely service in a barn with hay bales as pews. 

Interesting that Scotland is going ahead with implementation of consumption rooms in spite of the original westminster rejection, which is intriguing both from a practical and constitutional perspective.

Labour historically were for this (back in the before-times of 2019), but Starmer himself seems to have aligned with Westminster again on being against it (ignoring the advice of the Scottish Affairs Committee and, by the looks of it, the scientific consensus).