Championship watch 2021/22

1 minute ago, Dillinger said:

A wee thread for following other games. 

Morton were beating Dunfermline, who many have tipped to do well this season, but I see Todorov has just equalised. 

Hamilton taking a spanking off Raith.

Thistle back from a goal behind again st next week's opponents, currently 2-1

I see Willie Gibson has scored for QOS. He must be about 45 now. This is going to be one tough, tough league!

36 minutes ago, a1killiefan said:

This could be the best league for entertaiment this year. Goals a plenty.

To finish top would eclipse any of our recent cup wins.

What???????
No it wouldnt, IMO ,  it would be an achievement and one to celebrate but for me would not eclipse those magnificent cup wins 

we are favourites to win this league given our budget and CV of our Manager and in comparison to other teams in this league………and not sure many opposing teams will come to RP to be “entertaining” 

Edited by Scouser2

59 minutes ago, a1killiefan said:

This could be the best league for entertaiment this year. Goals a plenty.

To finish top would eclipse any of our recent cup wins.

'mon the Killie

Naw it really woildnt. We finished 3rd behijd the Cheeks who soent 100x what we could on players and wages, and Wualified for Europe with our highest points total.

It also wouldnt come close to wclipsing beating Celtic in the League Cup in 2012.

Not even close to eclipsing those 2 events.

3 minutes ago, a1killiefan said:

My comment was in respect of cup wins, based on the level of consistency we would have to maintain to win the league, as opposed to 5 wins in the cup.

The SC season, and finishing 3rd, will always be a special memory.

Sometimes it’s best to just stop digging. Winning a cup against the best teams in the country competing far outweighs finishing top of a second string league missing every big hitter in Scotland. “We finished above Thistle, Raith & the Pars and are now immortals” said no self respecting club ever.

And I believe in this small country we are one of the bigger clubs - definitely outside the city teams we should consider ourselves the biggest. 

14 minutes ago, a1killiefan said:

My comment was in respect of cup wins, based on the level of consistency we would have to maintain to win the league, as opposed to 5 wins in the cup.

The SC season, and finishing 3rd, will always be a special memory.

It would certainly be a better season than the other promotion seasons we've had. We usually got promoted in the second promotion spot.

2nd to Raith 92/93. 2nd to Brechin 89/90. 2nd to Motherwell 81/82. 2nd to Dundee 78/79. 2nd to the jags 75/76. 2nd to Airdrie 73/74. 2nd to Motherwell 53/54. 

We finished in 1st place in the second division in 1897/98 not elected. And again in 1898/99 elected this time.

3 hours ago, CB said:

It would certainly be a better season than the other promotion seasons we've had. We usually got promoted in the second promotion spot.

2nd to Raith 92/93. 2nd to Brechin 89/90. 2nd to Motherwell 81/82. 2nd to Dundee 78/79. 2nd to the jags 75/76. 2nd to Airdrie 73/74. 2nd to Motherwell 53/54. 

We finished in 1st place in the second division in 1897/98 not elected. And again in 1898/99 elected this time.

I wonder if that's a record, six consecutive promotions without winning a division?

Mad that we've been league champions almost as often as lower league champions!