Excited... Worried ? Where will we Finish?

Allan

Nervous but confident. If we get a proven striker in, there’s no reason why we shouldn’t win the league. It’s early, I know, but based on yesterday’s results, we look to have the strongest defence in the league. Get it right at the other end and we should be comfortably top come May. 

50 minutes ago, Barbinho said:

Nervous but confident. If we get a proven striker in, there’s no reason why we shouldn’t win the league. It’s early, I know, but based on yesterday’s results, we look to have the strongest defence in the league. Get it right at the other end and we should be comfortably top come May. 

We lost goals to two lower league clubs in the cup so not sure we can say our defence is there yet. F Murray currently our best chance of a goal so a lot depends on how we do getting an experienced goal scorer in. Currently think we are fairly certain of playoffs but not yet convinced we are title winners. Still time hopefully for that to change.

8 minutes ago, Bobby Street Roll said:

We lost goals to two lower league clubs in the cup so not sure we can say our defence is there yet. F Murray currently our best chance of a goal so a lot depends on how we do getting an experienced goal scorer in. Currently think we are fairly certain of playoffs but not yet convinced we are title winners. Still time hopefully for that to change.

Aside from some poor play in the buildup to those goals you mention no one is realistically keeping them out

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

Aside from some poor play in the buildup to those goals you mention no one is realistically keeping them out

Agreed... both Morton (NOT a league below us!) & the Stranraer's goals conceded were essentially "worldies".

IF we eventually sign a proven goalscorer , we should finish top ....think TW will be expecting nothing less 

The decline and misery of past season or more still somewhat hangs over the club, but the huge squad turnover must surely bring a more positive season ahead, lot now rides on these players signed by TW and his managership abilities ...

Strangest I've ever felt going in to a season. Weird not knowing much about the team or how good they all are. So the usual strong opinions on what the lineup should be etc just aren't there for me. Going to take a good few games for me to get up to speed with our own squad. 

Feel sort of interested and keen more than super excited or nervous. 

My relief at just being back in the stadium for the first time is kind of overtaking the "must win the derby" sentiment. 

We’ll finish 1st. 8-10 points in front of 2nd place. I believe TW has been very careful to play his cards close to his chest when it comes to set pieces. I expect it to be a very productive weapon in our armoury when we’re playing for real. 

I also think the return to three subs works in our favour. We will dominate possession in most games - defending takes a lot of energy and teams will struggle to press to the same extent when they can only make three substitutions. 

Edited by Zorro

37 minutes ago, Bobby Street Roll said:

Morton are in our league but Clyde aren’t  and we lost a goal to them. Our only clean sheet (which was wiped out by playing an illegible player) was against a non league side.

Group stages we conceded two stunners and a penalty. We were hardly throwing them in like last season. 

I am not going to make any predictions. I don't see how I can when we have not yet played a competitive league fixture. We have not tested ourselves against competitors. Although the signings look decent on paper and FM looks a real player, it does not always work out that way in practice. The goalies have not been properly tested yet, although those penalty saves were wonderful. The hoped for incoming striker signing is becoming ever more important. A lot will depend on the quality of that signing and his ability to stay injury-free given our alternatives. Still, we have Scott Robinson to come in. 

There will be tough opposition. Hamilton will be no mugs. ICT at home will probably be strong. Both Fife teams could be stiff tests. There are teams that will definitely take points off us. 

I'm confident about tomorrow though. A bit nervous, but that emotion is dwarfed by the sheer excitement of being back at the ToP and seeing the mighty in action. 

5 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Should do well but we don't have enough in attack to be completely confident.

We saw last season how a defence can start to crumble when a side is struggling to score because of the pressure that brings on the backing.

We will certainly have to share the goals around a lot more than we usually do.

We scored 43 league goals last season. Only Rangers (92), Celtic (78) and Hibs (48) scored more. Claiming our defence crumbled because we couldn’t score is utterly bizarre. It’s more accurate to say our forwards were under pressure to score as our defence and keeper(s) were s**t.