Ayr Utd Match Fred

C4mmy31

Midfield two need to do way more for me. Ayr will take Burke crosses into the box all day. 

Not sure we need two sitting to the extent Alston and McGinn are. 

Look organised and have dominated but think this needs a shift of emphasis to try and break through. 

Haunstrup just doesn't seem to have it does he? Mistake always lurking. 

Naismith keeps telling players to slow down and take their time. Think we need to up the tempo. 

Some great hold up play from Innes, unlucky not to bury the header.

Relying on Burke an awful lot, need to mix it up as he tires.

Haunstrup not dealing with long balls and standing off players. Absolute fear.

Big Hemming taking that cross right before half time - brilliant, we’ve missed that.

Edited by ross1987

Brutal game to watch after initial period. Zero quality. Cameron one of our better players. Haunstrup first half utterly useless - left hand side a liability in both directions.. Burke was good for first 20 mins. Referee Don Robertson awful for both teams talks to their keeper for time wasting after 5 mins then lets him keep doing it for the next 40. Don’t know what it’s like in the ground but that first half was low quality dross on the box

Edited by KenVaagen1984

1 minute ago, James K Polk said:

It’s certainly not been due to a lack of effort from Cameron. Your anger is focused in the wrong areas this match. Why not look at our left hand side being anonymous or why we’ve insisted just whipping it into the box rather than mixing it up a bit more and working it through the middle.

Its not anger, just stating the facts. If your happy with Innes as number 9 we will be mid table by May. Take burke out the team and we are nothing, nothing. 

4 minutes ago, James K Polk said:

It’s certainly not been due to a lack of effort from Cameron. Your anger is focused in the wrong areas this match. Why not look at our left hand side being anonymous or why we’ve insisted just whipping it into the box rather than mixing it up a bit more and working it through the middle.

I would love Cameron to get a goal but at the moment I just don’t see it happening. He never seems to be where he needs to be when the ball is is in the box

Best performance I have seen from Cameron, lots of good hold up play and bringing others into the game.

Need to make one of these set pieces count. We have played some really good football and lots of quality deliveries into the box but nothing to show for it.

An early 2nd half goal and Ayr will have to come out a bit and I'd fancy us to get a few goals.

1 minute ago, heynow2005 said:

I think Haunstrup has zero confidence. Sometimes he has a decent touch etc but you wonder if he's second guessing himself all the time. I'd like to see him come good

Possibly - but it presents as him being crap every game  He won’t go forward at the right times he won’t release the ball at the right times and he’s always got a howler in him.

We’ve had a lot of the ball but need more movement in the box to create chances. Thought Haunstrup might shine at this level but not happening. Burke been really good but we need to mix our attacks up more as he’s the only one causing problems. 
We should go on and win this if we keep the pressure up

Edited by Bobby Street Roll
Spelling

Just now, muza1962 said:

Its not anger, just stating the facts. If your happy with Innes as number 9 we will be mid table by May. Take burke out the team and we are nothing, nothing. 

If it’s not anger in a post I’d suggest not using all capitals ?

I also think your reading more into my post than there is. Like most I think we need an experienced striker as well but it doesn’t get away from the ‘fact’ you are focused on the wrong person in that half of football.

Lots to like about this Killie team already. Back four and keeper look a massive trade up on last season’s shambles. 

Ewan Murray looks like he could be an absolute steal. And I seriously doubt if there will be a better player in the Championship than Chris Burke. 

Central attacking balance isn’t quite right yet. Need someone central to get closer to Cameron if he’s to succeed up front - and undoubtedly need more competition up there to start to turn this possession in to goals. 

5 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Brutal gane to watch. Zero quality. Cameron one of our better players. hound strap FFS utterly useless left hand side is a liability in both directions.. Burke was good for first 20 mins. Referee Dong Robertson awful for both teams talks to their keeper for time wasting after 5 mins then let’s him keep doing it for the next 40. Don’t know what it’s like in the ground but that was low quality dross on the box

And i thought I was negative!!

Christ!!

I have been properly impressed by the team. 

Perfect? Nope but better effort, organisation and ability than last season or two

5 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Brutal gane to watch. Zero quality. Cameron one of our better players. hound strap FFS utterly useless left hand side is a liability in both directions.. Burke was good for first 20 mins. Referee Dong Robertson awful for both teams talks to their keeper for time wasting after 5 mins then let’s him keep doing it for the next 40. Don’t know what it’s like in the ground but that was low quality dross on the box

This forum is odd, everyone been praising bang average performances against lower league s**te and then when we actually put in a decent performance against our rivals in the same league it's s**te. We've been very good for most of the game Murray needs to be more involved, haunstrup needs chucked and we need a striker (who knew) 

2 minutes ago, historyman said:

I would love Cameron to get a goal but at the moment I just don’t see it happening. He never seems to be where he needs to be when the ball is is in the box

True in other games but in that half he was more on it. He’s only 20 and had a lot to learn, he’s not one of those I’d say comes with a natural strikers movement or eye for space