Ayr Utd Match Fred

C4mmy31

Solid win that, never looked like conceding. I hope that penalty takes the monkey off Innes’ back because he ran himself into the ground tonight. First league game and some of the comments about him are atrocious from some fans.

Chris Burke does not age either, he must be the best player in this league by some distance. Add players like Polworth and we have a very good team here for this league. Polworth talking to the referee as well, making sure our side is being fought for. We’ve needed that and will need it if we’re serious about winning this league.

one team in Ayrshire. That wasn’t even close 

Really the ideal performance. Controlled the game from the off and result never in doubt. 

Burke proving he will be the best player in the league. Full backs from every other team will have watched that tonight and be dreading playing us.

Big Innes lead the line superbly and delighted he got the goal he deserved. Have no doubts many more will follow. 

Very solid defensively and the early signs from Hemnings  are highly promising. 

Just now, Travis said:

Absolutely superb post-match interview from Innes Cameron there. So refreshing to hear from a positive, enthusiastic Killie fan given the chance to play up front and eager to take his chance. 

All of a sudden, I don’t think there’s a young player I’ve ever wanted to succeed quite as much. Loved his attitude, his confidence, his enthusiasm, the way he shrugs off misses and keeps going, his penalty finish. Absolutely lovely stuff to watch. 

Solid, positive evening all round. keeper and defence are light years ahead of last year and central defenders are really astute signings, Haunstrup grew as a player as his confidence came back, Polworth and Alston looked interesting additions, Polworth’s dead balls look good, and Burke is an absolute star. 

Miles ahead from start to finish. Excellent start. 

Big Innes keft on loan as a Boy but has come back a bit more of a Man.  Much better build, much stronger and a much better player.

Nowhere near the finished article, but i am confident that through this season he will get there.

1 minute ago, Travis said:

Absolutely superb post-match interview from Innes Cameron there. So refreshing to hear from a positive, enthusiastic Killie fan given the chance to play up front and eager to take his chance. 

All of a sudden I don’t think there’s a young player I’ve ever wanted to succeed quite as much. Loved his attitude, his confidence, his enthusiasm, the way he shrugs off misses and keeps going, his penalty finish. Absolutely lovely stuff to watch. 

Solid, positive evening all round. keeper and defence are light years ahead of last year and central defenders are really astute signings, Haunstrup grew as a player as his confidence came back, Polworth and Alston looked interesting additions, Polworth’s dead balls look good, and Burke is an absolute star. 

Excellent post

• CB unpinned this topic
5 minutes ago, Travis said:

All of a sudden I don’t think there’s a young player I’ve ever wanted to succeed quite as much. Loved his attitude, his confidence, his enthusiasm, the way he shrugs off misses and keeps going, his penalty finish. Absolutely lovely stuff to watch. 

Couldn’t agree more, Travis. Innes Cameron led the line like an old pro. I’m sure his finishing will improve with experience.

Hopefully Tommy Wright’s getting a chance to get his ideas across now with his own team. If we keep playing like we did today it should be a good season.

Edited by KFC_Macca

8 minutes ago, Travis said:

Solid, positive evening all round. Keeper and defence are light years ahead of last year and central defenders are really astute signings, Haunstrup grew as a player as his confidence came back, Polworth and Alston looked interesting additions, Polworth’s dead balls look good, and Burke is an absolute star. 

I've not heard this interview (sitting in a pub in St Anne's watching game on my phone) but yes, gaun yer sel' Innes - let's do this!!!

10 minutes ago, theboyjohnston said:

I've not heard this interview (sitting in a pub in St Anne's watching game on my phone) but yes, gaun yer sel' Innes - let's do this!!!

Worth catching later if you get the chance. Brilliant attitude. I’d love him to become an absolute Killie legend over the next decade. 

Great team performance! Seeing a team fight for everything - how we have missed that! 

Agree re Cameron’s interview - brilliant to see and desperate to see him do well.

Also liked Wright’s interview. You could just tell last season that he couldn’t stand the players almost as much as us and he now has his team and is stamping his authority on it. Hopefully we can build some momentum.

29 minutes ago, Travis said:

Solid, positive evening all round. Keeper and defence are light years ahead of last year and central defenders are really astute signings, Haunstrup grew as a player as his confidence came back, Polworth and Alston looked interesting additions, Polworth’s dead balls look good, and Burke is an absolute star. 

Imagine being a Killie fan scoring your first goal in league to beat that lot. Fair dos could have had 3/4 goals. 

We were miles the better team but it was the guts and drive that impressed me. 

all the players busted a gut for the team and showed passion. Murray a prime example. 
on another day we could’ve won that by 4 or 5. At least one sitter and another great save from their keeper.

special mention to hemming who absolutely skooshed that. Refreshing to see a keeper come and claim crosses and not panic punch it.

apparently the pen wasn’t a pen but we more than deserved the win. Hopefully we can keep up that tempo in the next games. 

2 minutes ago, AT11 said:

Also liked Wright’s interview. You could just tell last season that he couldn’t stand the players almost as much as us and he now has his team and is stamping his authority on it.

I think he's starting to enjoy the job, and not just doing it.

You could see he got a buzz from an actual crowd after his time at sleepy McDiarmid Park and he's getting a response from the players.

Still a work in progress with combination play often lacking but very promising signs.

The only player who bothers me a little is Alston whose touch and passing often seemed to be "off".  

But we'll take confidence from that and go on a good run, I hope.

Great performance and result.

What stood out for me was the attacking play , The number of runs from Midfield into the box was great to see..

Goalkeeper has a presence too.

Great to see a good attitude from everyone from start to finish.

Als watching on TV the Fans created a brilliant atmosphere.

Solid and unspectacular at times. Three points and that’s all that matters.

Tonight was always going to be a tough fixture given how important and unpredictable the derbies are. We handled it very well. We showed great patience and played all aspects of the game.

On another day Cameron walks away with the match ball. Glad he netted the penalty as it will give him a massive boost.

Burke was excellent and there was some really nice link up with Polworth at times which was great to watch.

Defensively we were solid. Restricted them to next to no chances. A wee bit worrying how the pace of the number 9 threatened us but we did enough. Keeper very calm and assured. There’s a lot to be said for taking the ball on the penalty spot in the 80 something minute to calm everything down