Atmosphere

Mclean07

Must have been some close to tears at kick off with “we are Killie” seen an old boy in front of me who looked like he had something in his eye.

Atmosphere was superb. I’m not keen on the view but there is a lot to be said for a large support behind a goal. Thoroughly enjoyed being in the Chadwick last night.

5 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

With around 3500 fans, that was a terrific atmosphere. It was obviously heightened by being a derby, but it shows what can happen with fans not all huddled together in each stand. Imagine 4-5k home fans in just the three stands better spaced out. So much better as well as a spectacle for potential fans on TV. The reduced capacity in the Moffat will help, but I’ve been saying for years we need to be imaginative and gradually reconfigure the ground. Last night proved it. 

Agreed. Hoping the reduced capacity in the Moffat and parts of the FB stand being unavailable might allow for fans to be spread out. 

4 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Can't really argue with any of that. The spaced out fans made it seem fuller than it was and it was a lot louder than normal. When you watch it back on bbc the pundits were having to shout to be heard over the fans. 

My only gripe with the atmosphere was folk still singing Super Killie. We need to either change the word black or stop using the song. We know the origins aren't racist but that's what they'll be perceived to be. 

There were black stewards and players and we've got people singing "black b*******" right in front of them. That's no right. 

black means dirty in ayrshire. Simple as that.

We don't got to South america and tell them to change their colloquialisms 

Edited by Twonky65

9 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Can't really argue with any of that. The spaced out fans made it seem fuller than it was and it was a lot louder than normal. When you watch it back on bbc the pundits were having to shout to be heard over the fans. 

My only gripe with the atmosphere was folk still singing Super Killie. We need to either change the word black or stop using the song. We know the origins aren't racist but that's what they'll be perceived to be. 

There were black stewards and players and we've got people singing "black b*******" right in front of them. That's no right. 

Been using 'dirty' instead for a while now. Round about the time old Airdrie rioted at Scotland's largest outdoor toilet in ayr, and caused 1000s of pounds worth of improvements.

56 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

100% this especially after BLM and the racist s**te the English players got, Glenn Kamala etc. If folk insist it means dirty then sing dirty to avoid any doubt. Simples. 

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

With around 3500 fans, that was a terrific atmosphere. It was obviously heightened by being a derby, but it shows what can happen with fans not all huddled together in each stand. Imagine 4-5k home fans in just the three stands better spaced out. So much better as well as a spectacle for potential fans on TV. The reduced capacity in the Moffat will help, but I’ve been saying for years we need to be imaginative and gradually reconfigure the ground. Last night proved it. 

Absolutely agree. Obviously there were groups spread out in every stand so the people likley to start or sustain a song were mixed through the crowd which will bring people into in that may otherwise be quite. Fair enjoyed it in the Moffat. Everyone was getting torn in. My throat is struggling today after a year amd a half out from that. Haha. 

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

Agreed. Hoping the reduced capacity in the Moffat and parts of the FB stand being unavailable might allow for fans to be spread out. 

Im sure once the facade of the offices goes in that it will probably help hold the noise much better than the real back of the stand. 

15 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

exactly.

All I'm seeing is hand wringing and my culture being eradicated 

Culture??? I think that’s a bit rich. At very best the optics on that lyric aren’t great at worst it affects minorities within the stadium. Saying it’s because we are from Ayrshire feeds into the same thinking that lets Rangers and Celtic fans peddle their bile.

Completely agree with the OP. Atmosphere was great last night. I'd happily move seat and space out again if it's at all possible. Great hearing Killie fans and singing all round the ground. 

Also agree that we need to refresh the Super Killie song. We know the context in which we use the word black, but anybody outside of our bubble will rightly be entitled to call us out. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Rugby Park creates a great atmosphere when even 20-25% full. Just needs the fans to get going. 

It holds noise better than the old version. 

Can't argue with that although the loudest I've heard us was in the Hearts Cup double replay game. I went into the enclosure to get away early for night shift but the noise coming from what is now the East Stand was incredible. 

32 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

exactly.

All I'm seeing is hand wringing and my culture being eradicated 

See’s ‘hand wringing’ e.g. excessive display of concern or distress. Immediately follows it with claim on ‘culture being eradicated’ because majority of people find the use of a single word unacceptable in modern society, priceless!