Line up face QOS

Craigieboy

I think it will be the same but Robinson will defo feature from the bench to start getting some minutes in his legs.

The other exception would be how Burke feels. TW might start Armstrong if Burke is being managed to save him for the cup game next weekend. But based on how he has been I don't see starting being an issue for him.

Edited by MuirP

6 hours ago, MuirP said:

I think it will be the same but Robinson will defo feature from the bench to start getting some minutes in his legs.

The other exception would be how Burke feels. TW might start Armstrong if Burke is being managed to save him for the cup game next weekend. But based on how he has been I don't see starting being an issue for him.

The QOS game is more important than the cup. 

8 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

Can’t see him resting Burke 2 weeks into the season for a game 8 days later. 

3 hours ago, Angelo's Ashes said:

The QOS game is more important than the cup. 

As I said it might depend on how Burke is feeling, the guy is pushing 38 years old and as much as we would all love him to play week in week out he might not feel up to it. I also said I don't think it would be an issue for him.

The other aspect is we need to play Armstrong aswell to see if he is going to be suitable for next season when there is a high chance Burke will retire. Can imagine alot of fans reactions if he hardly plays this season, Burke leaves next year and whether we are in the premiership or championship Armstrong doesn't cut it and we are left trying to get another first choice RW. I don't see it being a big issue to start him against one of the teams highly tipped for relegation and using Burke as an impact sub if required.

15 minutes ago, MuirP said:

As I said it might depend on how Burke is feeling, the guy is pushing 38 years old and as much as we would all love him to play week in week out he might not feel up to it. I also said I don't think it would be an issue for him.

Burke strikes me as rhe kind if player you need to duck tape to a chair to stop him playing.

47 minutes ago, MuirP said:

The other aspect is we need to play Armstrong aswell to see if he is going to be suitable for next season when there is a high chance Burke will retire. Can imagine alot of fans reactions if he hardly plays this season, Burke leaves next year and whether we are in the premiership or championship Armstrong doesn't cut it and we are left trying to get another first choice RW. I don't see it being a big issue to start him against one of the teams highly tipped for relegation and using Burke as an impact sub if required.

Here we go again, not even 2 games into the league and people suggesting “ resting “ Burke. He’s not here to be rested, he’s here to get us promoted. The guy is fit as f**k and certainly doesn’t need dropped after a few games.

24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Here we go again, not even 2 games into the league and people suggesting “ resting “ Burke. He’s not here to be rested, he’s here to get us promoted. The guy is fit as f**k and certainly doesn’t need dropped after a few games.

I expect him to start and will be happy for him to start but the decision will be down to TW.

The key to promotion is squad depth and management. Isn't all about one person! Remember how much he faded out last season because we were so dependant on him in the first half of the season? 

I love Burke, he has been a great servant to the club and I wish he could play the full game week in week out. But sometimes you have to look past your own feelings towards a player to what is best for the long term. 

3 minutes ago, MuirP said:

I expect him to start and will be happy for him to start but the decision will be down to TW.

The key to promotion is squad depth and management. Isn't all about one person! Remember how much he faded out last season because we were so dependant on him in the first half of the season? 

I love Burke, he has been a great servant to the club and I wish he could play the full game week in week out. But sometimes you have to look past your own feelings towards a player to what is best for the long term. 

He faded out last season because he was surrounded by pish.

Just now, Stuart said:

He faded out last season because he was surrounded by pish.

Agree. He was carrying the whole team last season.

He's got a better team surrounding him this year, and although Furray had a quiet game last week, that's to be expected with youngsters. 

I think Burke will start, but could see Armstrong coming on earlier than last week.

57 minutes ago, Stuart said:

not even 2 games into the league and people suggesting “ resting “ Burke.

Players are just getting up to speed at this stage. They don’t need resting, they need games.

Fair enough to leave a player out because you want to look at someone else but fatigue is not a problem.

If look at our squad, Walker, McGowan, Sanders, Waters, Lyons, Armstrong, Robinson and McKenzie would probably walk into any other Championship team yet they are back-up or injured at the moment.

We will need them and their chances will come.