EPL 2021/22

Message added by Lroy,

1st July we’ll close this thread and open the 22/23 thread.

6 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Salah, half the price. 32 goals and 10 assists in his debut season from the same position. A Chelsea flop from the farmers league (serie A) is what the British media called him. 
Amazing what a good manager can do.

Let us know when Sancho gets up to speed ??

Salah has been unreal and probably better than any Liverpool fan could have imagined. 

He was 24/25 though when he signed for Pool and had already had experience in the league etc. Just goes to show that a player can develop after initially not playing well in the Prem. Cheers for the example ??

1 hour ago, casual observer said:

It’s foolhardy to write any signings off in their first season, let alone the first 6 weeks of it. 

It depends who the player is.

A young player coming from another country will need longer to adapt than an experienced player from the same country. 

While six weeks is too soon under any circumstances, It’s still possible to form first opinions. 

2 hours ago, Skora11 said:

Salah has been unreal and probably better than any Liverpool fan could have imagined. 

He was 24/25 though when he signed for Pool and had already had experience in the league etc. Just goes to show that a player can develop after initially not playing well in the Prem. Cheers for the example ??

Did I dream that Sancho had already played in Manchester?

Going on like he’s a guy who doesn’t speak our language.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

It depends who the player is.

A young player coming from another country will need longer to adapt than an experienced player from the same country. 

While six weeks is too soon under any circumstances, It’s still possible to form first opinions. 

First opinions though are different from writing someone off. He is a young player, with no experience of the EPL and in effect his only meaningful career to date has been spent in Germany so far too early to make judgements in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, casual observer said:

First opinions though are different from writing someone off. He is a young player, with no experience of the EPL and in effect his only meaningful career to date has been spent in Germany so far too early to make judgements in my opinion. 

I didn't read the thread to see who was being discussed. Presumably it's Sancho?

It would be daft to write him off but better players have failed at Old Trafford because of the management. They seem to sign players without much thought as to where they will play, how they will fit in with other players, whether they will hold back good young players and so on. It often seems a case of buying players because they can.

Sancho will come good, if not at United then somewhere else. 

Edited by skygod

2 hours ago, Guff92 said:

I'm also not really sure why experience or adaptability would be a factor, United are about as one-dimensional a team as there can be at the top(ish) tier of football, they're a much less technical side than Dortmund and his most effective approach to the game will be "feed Ronaldo".  That's not an insult to United, Madrid won multiple champions leagues doing that, and United would be crazy to do anything else, but it's not something that takes a lot of learning on Sancho's part.

51 minutes ago, Lorielus said:

I'm also not really sure why experience or adaptability would be a factor, United are about as one-dimensional a team as there can be at the top(ish) tier of football, they're a much less technical side than Dortmund and his most effective approach to the game will be "feed Ronaldo".  That's not an insult to United, Madrid won multiple champions leagues doing that, and United would be crazy to do anything else, but it's not something that takes a lot of learning on Sancho's part.

Main point being is he’s a United player. Media are much more lenient with them before they label their players a waste of money. Even to this day they push the agenda that Paul Pogba is a world class footballer. Look at Wijnaldum, you’d have him in your team ahead of Pogba, right? Presses everything, runs all day, gets the odd goal.
Now at PSG he’s like a rabbit in the headlights. Again proving a top manager in Klopp gets the best out of players.

30 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Main point being is he’s a United player. Media are much more lenient with them before they label their players a waste of money. Even to this day they push the agenda that Paul Pogba is a world class footballer. Look at Wijnaldum, you’d have him in your team ahead of Pogba, right? Presses everything, runs all day, gets the odd goal.
Now at PSG he’s like a rabbit in the headlights. Again proving a top manager in Klopp gets the best out of players.

£250' 000 a week softens the blow.

7 hours ago, Guff92 said:

He was a regular in Manchester at 16. Give your head a wobble. 

Like you said Salah went from flop to one of the best in the Prem. Yet you’ve written sancho off after 5 games 

13 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

He was a regular in Manchester at 16. Give your head a wobble. 

Like you said Salah went from flop to one of the best in the Prem. Yet you’ve written sancho off after 5 games 

Ah, “one of the best”. 

He’s the best winger in world football, now that CR7 is more of a striker. 
There was a time people actually argued Hazard was better than him ?

Don’t need to wobble anything, given his price tag I’d be wanting him to perform right away. Or at least show glimpses of something. He’s done absolutely hee haw. 
Not my problem though, just an observation. I’m sure you’d be just quick jumping on an expensive signing of Liverpools. Like when Van Dijk was a waste of money etc that kinda thing. ?

3 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

See he's blaming today's defeat on the officials too. Going all out with the siege mentality because he knows him and his side are incapable.

Ole is like a teenager who keeps thinking a bigger exhaust on his Corsa is going let it compete with a Ferrari. So he keeps throwing money at the wrong area, when everyone can see the problem lies under the hood. There’s just a complete lack of oomph in the engine. Another season of mediocrity beckons unless they bring in a real manager b

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Ole is like a teenager who keeps thinking a bigger exhaust on his Corsa is going let it compete with a Ferrari. So he keeps throwing money at the wrong area, when everyone can see the problem lies under the hood. There’s just a complete lack of oomph in the engine. Another season of mediocrity beckons unless they bring in a real manager b

Reminds me of when Rafa took on Fergie, and we know how that f**king ended.