EPL 2021/22

Message added by Lroy,

1st July we’ll close this thread and open the 22/23 thread.

3 hours ago, casual observer said:

They’ll need prime Pogba for the whole season I think to have any chance of challenging City. Otherwise it’s a pretty uninspiring midfield - if you count Fernandes as a 10/forward. 

There is a prime Pogba? Leeds allowed him space yesterday, they missed Philips big time.

Fernandes would walk into most teams in Europe at the moment.

People are forgetting Liverpool now have the squad back who walked the league plus the added extras of Thiago, Jota and Konate. The less media hype around us the better, we’ll do us.

Great start to the Euro 2020 poster boys Man City career. Who needs Kane?

8 minutes ago, Killie1984 said:

He did have a good save and saved a penalty as well. Don't think he had much chance with the goals. 

Am I right in thinking he has a reputation as being a good at saving penalties? 

Done us in the shootout vs Aberdeen. He had a decent record at Swansea as well. 

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

Another away game and another game unbeaten. 29 away league matches without defeat is some record. 

Ronaldo with his 4th in only 3 games since rejoining and really should have had at least 1 penalty. Was extremely surprised the one near the end wasn’t given by VAR. 

Think the fact he anticipated the challenge, and the ref obviously felt he was looking for it.  For me its still a pen though, illegally preventing the opposition player getting the ball,.by foul play and not obstruction.

At the end of the day 3pts is all that matter.

11 hours ago, Skora11 said:

Another away game and another game unbeaten. 29 away league matches without defeat is some record. 

Ronaldo with his 4th in only 3 games since rejoining and really should have had at least 1 penalty. Was extremely surprised the one near the end wasn’t given by VAR. 

7 losses out of 11 champions league matches is some record.

11 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Think the fact he anticipated the challenge, and the ref obviously felt he was looking for it.  For me its still a pen though, illegally preventing the opposition player getting the ball,.by foul play and not obstruction.

At the end of the day 3pts is all that matter.

Penalty for me too, nobles miss was justice for United.

31 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

7 losses out of 11 champions league matches is some record.

Its abysmal,  united wouldve hit another 2 or 3 goals last week if Wan Bissaka hadnt got himself sent off.

Even then the changes Ole made were odd. FRED of 2021 is the one we signed and not the one from kast season.

Moving to a back 5 was daft, theu shouldve went 4 4 1, and kept playing.  He didnt and invited YB on.  Imo sides should also be coached to enable them to play with 10, and to me so few coches do this at any level.

1 minute ago, Beaker71 said:

Its abysmal,  united wouldve hit another 2 or 3 goals last week if Wan Bissaka hadnt got himself sent off.

Even then the changes Ole made were odd. FRED of 2021 is the one we signed and not the one from kast season.

Moving to a back 5 was daft, theu shouldve went 4 4 1, and kept playing.  He didnt and invited YB on.  Imo sides should also be coached to enable them to play with 10, and to me so few coches do this at any level.

Totally agree. There should be a contingency plan for it before each game just incase. 

Thought taking pogba off yesterday and keeping Fred and Mctominay on was odd, pogba was doing alright. Overall thought West Ham were poor, yarmolenko is a man down. Antonio would have caused United problems.

52 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Lot of top coaches do a bit of practice for when they go down to 10 men,unfortunately Man U don’t have a top coach 

5 hours ago, Jasg said:

Lot of top coaches do a bit of practice for when they go down to 10 men,unfortunately Man U don’t have a top coach 

29 games unbeaten away from home in the league with a terrible coach. 

This season is a massive one for Ole right enough. There has been a massive progression since he’s came in but it’s getting to the stage that he needs to add some trophies.

33 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

This season is a massive one for Ole right enough. There has been a massive progression since he’s came in but it’s getting to the stage that he needs to add some trophies.

Man U are a big team you don’t win trophies you don’t last long

3 hours ago, Skora11 said:

Don’t see progression at all. What I see is a club spending millions desperately in the hope that one day it clicks. 

Edited by Guff92