Hibs Match Fred

CB

2 minutes ago, Lroy said:

So close. Almost constructed an point without name calling. Keep trying.

Still just as hypocritical but now with a dash of condescension. Must try harder if you’re genuinely trying to stimulate debate. Perhaps you’ll be better at this when you dry out. 

17 minutes ago, historyman said:

If we romped the division playing great football then that’s not mediocre but we won’t. In fact we will be lucky to win it because we are actually not very good. We were previously but we are not now. Sadly that is a fact and as far as I’m concerned league position, performances, squad support that view. Those who are expecting better this season may end up being disappointed. 

Thank f@ck I don’t have a season ticket next to you.

Not long down the road from the game. 

Think we more than matched Hibs in first half and could with the rub of the green been 2 up at half time. 

You can see the team are are a work in progress but there is more understanding and partnerships forming. Thought Rory and Robinson did well until they ran out of legs due to lack of game time. Walker also looks a solid keeper which is great to see. 

The fact that one of our strikers rolled his ankle should see getting a more experienced no 9 in the door. To my mind that is a key piece of the jigsaw. 

Also hope Stokes injury isn't as bad as feared. 

53 minutes ago, historyman said:

Why on earth are we content being a ‘good Championship team’? on premier league wages? Have we no ambition at all now after 28 consecutive years in the the top flight and 4 cup finals?

Because that is what we need to be a 'good championship team'.  I live in the world of reality as in today was IMO a, let's see where we are at compared to last season.  Last season we would've been pumped from start to finish, did you honestly expect us to turn up at Easter Road and turn over Hibs????  You need to realise although i don't believe you will though at this point, that Kilmarnock FC is a Championship level side.  Stop bitchin and moaning constantly at the lack of Premier League status and accept that we have built a competitive team to challenge for the title.  

Not read the whole thread so not sure of the general consensus but I thought we played well today, definitely better than some performances up there over the past few years. 

Theyve some good players, third best team in the country last season and we matched them for much of the game. We could've been up 2-0 at half time and instead two lapses of concentration result in losing two bad goals and we end up getting beat. It was far from disheartening. 

The two goalies give more confidence than we've had since Bachmann, defence was solid for the most part, midfield did fine and knocked the ball about well at times, thought McGinn was excellent when he came on. Robinson had a thankless task up there and should have done better with his chance but its no secret to anyone we need to strengthen up there.

Looks like we are gelling better now and was a far better view of the game from the main stand where could actually see what was going on. Who knows how the season will pan out but it looks positive at the moment.

Just now, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Not read the whole thread so not sure of the general consensus but I thought we played well today, definitely better than some performances up there over the past few years. 

Theyve some good players, third best team in the country last season and we matched them for much of the game. We could've been up 2-0 at half time and instead two lapses of concentration result in losing two bad goals and we end up getting beat. It was far from disheartening. 

The two goalies give more confidence than we've had since Bachmann, defence was solid for the most part, midfield did fine and knocked the ball about well at times, thought McGinn was excellent when he came on. Robinson had a thankless task up there and should have done better with his chance but its no secret to anyone we need to strengthen up there.

Looks like we are gelling better now and was a far better view of the game from the main stand where could actually see what was going on. Who knows how the season will pan out but it looks positive at the moment.

Agree with this.  Thought we were excellent first half.  A fully fit Robinson hopefully buries that chance and Polworth with a but more luck scores.  Second half they stepped it up and their quality shone through.

I just hope to God we sign a goalscorer before the end of the window as its painfully obvious to all and sundry we are crying out for one.  I think our season is dependent on this.  If we improve the quality at the top end we will win the league.  If we don't, we could be up against it as we won't score enough goals.

40 minutes ago, historyman said:

Why on earth are we content being a ‘good Championship team’? on premier league wages? Have we no ambition at all now after 28 consecutive years in the the top flight and 4 cup finals?

I think it natural that fans, particularly young fans, have a seige mentality towards their team. They don’t like folks saying negative things. They rather focus in a fresh start rather than bemoan the failings of previous season. Blank out the fact that we are now operating in the second tier of Scottish football. I’m ok with that. I used to be like that when I heard older fans slagging the club or players off. It’s healthy. And the natural cycle of things.

But when you’ve been over the course before, you can see things as they start to shape. There is an unhealthy acceptance of the fact that we have dive bombed over the last 24 months. It set in in the 1980s. Death by 1000 cuts and suddenly your spending an afternoon at Cliftonhill rather than Ibrox. Folks say that steve clarke era was a one off. A fluke. Maybe, but he got us to a good third - not lucky, as momentum had been built from previous. Homer Simpson as chairman could have ensured we retained our top flight status for at least 3 years from that lofty position. And that’s the problem. It’s not a fresh start. It’s not a Bobby Fleeting regeneration project. That everyone can get behind. The manager changed. The players have mostly changed. But somethings have stayed the same. And the elements that are most important in determining long term success. I’m surprised that the chief architects in our downfall have avoided any serious backlash.

7 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

I can understand folks disappointment to a degree, I thought we were in control first half and expected a bit more from the second, truth was second half we were never in it. Good to see most fans still singing at the end and giving the team encouragement. 

I don’t think anyone should be dissapointed in today. It was ok. Against a higher level team. We are building a squad capable of scraping our way back towards the spl. But today is a reminder of how we have fallen. And it’s that emotion that surfaces in the commentary here. It’s the dissapointment of 24 months of bill bowie and Alex dyer. And it’s hard to feel good about any of that. But -  and I genuinely mean this - we have to accept we are pretty poor right now, stop bemoaning the recent past and allow the manager time to rebuild. I just wish it was with the support of a more enlightened board.

2 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I think it natural that fans, particularly young fans, have a seige mentality towards their team. They don’t like folks saying negative things. They rather focus in a fresh start rather than bemoan the failings of previous season. Blank out the fact that we are now operating in the second tier of Scottish football. I’m ok with that. I used to be like that when I heard older fans slagging the club or players off. It’s healthy. And the natural cycle of things.

But when you’ve been over the course before, you can see things as they start to shape. There is an unhealthy acceptance of the fact that we have dive bombed over the last 24 months. It set in in the 1980s. Death by 1000 cuts and suddenly your spending an afternoon at Cliftonhill rather than Ibrox. Folks say that steve clarke era was a one off. A fluke. Maybe, but he got us to a good third - not lucky, as momentum had been built from previous. Homer Simpson as chairman could have ensured we retained our top flight status for at least 3 years from that lofty position. And that’s the problem. It’s not a fresh start. It’s not a Bobby Fleeting regeneration project. That everyone can get behind. The manager changed. The players have mostly changed. But somethings have stayed the same. And the elements that are most important in determining long term success. I’m surprised that the chief architects in our downfall have avoided any serious backlash.

I find myself agreeing with this, like yourself I remember the 70’s and 80’s very well, we were young and knew no different, we now have the same scenario where two generations of fans know only Premier years.

I still shake my head when I see some of the “improvements “ to Rugby Park and The Hotel, our Board were obviously planning all these changes whilst the good ship Dyer Killie headed for the rocks.

We could do with a figurehead to follow, let the current members continue with what they appear to know best about, as that sure as mud ain’t football. 
A Davy McKinnon, David Heath type appointment is needed to convince everyone that we are not yet again taking our eye off the ball. 

1 minute ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I don’t think anyone should be dissapointed in today. It was ok. Against a higher level team. We are building a squad capable of scraping our way back towards the spl. But today is a reminder of how we have fallen. And it’s that emotion that surfaces in the commentary here. It’s the dissapointment of 24 months of bill bowie and Alex dyer. And it’s hard to feel good about any of that. But -  and I genuinely mean this - we have to accept we are pretty poor right now, stop bemoaning the recent past and allow the manager time to rebuild. I just wish it was with the support of a more enlightened board.

Tell me the date you last witnessed us winning against Hibs at Easter Road?

4 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Key question though - what isn't being done which should be being done - and what should we doing about it? 

I really struggling all the accepting failure stuff. 

We need a striker and the club feel the same way. We've built a new squad from scratch which looks pretty good to me. Some questions at boardroom level seem fair enough given the last few years. 

But what am I not doing that I should be? Typing that I'm furious a championship club lost to a good Hibs side? Placard outside the Frank Beattie asking for Bowie out? 

I genuinely don't understand what it is you want from the fans? 

Without that it just sounds like a moan and dictating to other fans what they should think. Fans are entitled to think whatever they like. 

1 minute ago, killie billies pal said:

I find myself agreeing with this, like yourself I remember the 70’s and 80’s very well, we were young and knew no different, we now have the same scenario where two generations of fans know only Premier years.

I still shake my head when I see some of the “improvements “ to Rugby Park and The Hotel, our Board were obviously planning all these changes whilst the good ship Dyer Killie headed for the rocks.

We could do with a figurehead to follow, let the current members continue with what they appear to know best about, as that sure as mud ain’t football. 
A Davy McKinnon, David Heath type appointment is needed to convince everyone that we are not yet again taking our eye off the ball. 

Absolutely. BB was there in an extreme time if need. As I’ve said before, build a statue of him ( I said that before relegation so it would stick in my throat a bit now) but get someone else driving the football club forward. A PROPER CEO role spec. More important than chairman to me. Charisma, vision and passion. Proper business plan. Sell the vision to the fans, local investor and wider investors. Work the media.

Can't believe the nonsense on this thread.

The amount of people that are using a defeat to a settled Hibs side at Easter Road as a measure of how we'll do this season.

If Hibs keep their current players, they'll be pushing for 3rd easy as Aberdeen, like us, are on a total rebuild.

Do people honestly think had we developed a new chant of "We don't accept mediocrity" against Dundee it would have made any difference? cos that's what it reads like you think. ludicrous man.

Take a fecking chill pill man, we'll be fine this season, and barring bad luck will be back up next year to play the same old teams and listen to bile from opposing stands every other week.

A win today would have been an unexpected bonus - noting more.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply deluded.

5 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Tell me the date you last witnessed us winning against Hibs at Easter Road?

If you understood the point I was making I don’t think that would be the question you would have asked. The answer however was boyd winner last game of regular season when they had butcher in charge. I posted earlier in the week how bad our record is there over last 15 years or so. 

I expected us to lose today. I though we played really well for the level of player we now have. I’m not dissapointed in us today. But I’m very dissapointed in the level of player we now have and we need to accept that we go into games against hibs and Livingston and st mirren and st Johnston and Ross county as under dogs. So let’s by all means outwardly get excited about some of the signings and believe we can achieve the only thing that matters this season. Promotion. But in a quiet moment surely we must acknowledge that we don’t have Stuart Findlay, Stephen O’Donnell, Greg Taylor, Kyle lafferty, Jordan Jones, youssef  Mulumbu or Greg Stewart quality in the team. This is like a reserve team to the killie team of only 2 years ago. Let’s stop kidding ourselves otherwise.

3 minutes ago, dasboag said:

Can't believe the nonsense on this thread.

The amount of people that are using a defeat to a settled Hibs side at Easter Road as a measure of how we'll do this season.

If Hibs keep their current players, they'll be pushing for 3rd easy as Aberdeen, like us, are on a total rebuild.

Do people honestly think had we developed a new chant of "We don't accept mediocrity" against Dundee it would have made any difference? cos that's what it reads like you think. ludicrous man.

Take a fecking chill pill man, we'll be fine this season, and barring bad luck will be back up next year to play the same old teams and listen to bile from opposing stands every other week.

A win today would have been an unexpected bonus - noting more.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply deluded.

You may not be referencing my post. But you may. As said, no issue with today. And we will be “fine” as you define it. I think we will compete for the title. But that’s not really a great place for killie to be. And the folks dragged us there are still the ones making the big calls.

1 hour ago, killie89 said:

I don’t know why there needs to be an extreme reaction to everything. What other Championship teams did today is irrelevant. Anything can happen in cup ties, especially when you’ve got home advantage. It won’t have any bearing on the league.

Thought we played well in the first half today and should certainly have been ahead based on chances. Hibs were better in the 2nd half and probably deserved to win in the end, but that’s no great surprise given they had pretty much their full strength team out. I’m never going to be happy losing a game and am certainly not “accepting mediocrity”, but that’s a ground that Clarke didn’t even manage to win at. This year is all about repairing the damage done by last season - get a decent striker in and I’m very confident we’ll win the league.

Plenty people on here don’t see to be too upset at losing the game. Look back at the posts and you will see that. That seems to be the approach these days. 

59 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Get a f**kin grip, Hibs were where we were 4 years ago.

Its all about relative points im the journey, we are starting on our new journey back, hibs are trying to maintain theirs and possibky take the next step.

Ours is a new side and we are a little short up top, but we more than matched the side which finished 3rd in the top division last year for a lot of the game.  A game i hasten to add in which Hibs played their best 11 as they did not see us as a championship side.

Sometimes you need to take yer head out of your arse to see the whole picture

Yes. And we’re not where we were 4 years ago. Has something perhaps gone wrong? 

1 minute ago, Thebigguy68 said:

You may not be referencing my post. But you may. As said, no issue with today. And we will be “fine” as you define it. I think we will compete for the title. But that’s not really a great place for killie to be. And the folks dragged us there are still the ones making the big calls.

I think most on here might disagree with you on that. 
As the people responsible for where we find ourselves left at the end of the season.