Arbroath Fixture Change

chubbs

1 hour ago, Jackwilson said:

Every team gets given 2 home games for BBC Scotland. One of Arbroaths toughest home games will be against us so it’s no surprise this has happened. Silly of folk to make plans a month in advance when they should’ve known something like this was possible 

This 

4 hours ago, Jackwilson said:

Every team gets given 2 home games for BBC Scotland. One of Arbroaths toughest home games will be against us so it’s no surprise this has happened. Silly of folk to make plans a month in advance when they should’ve known something like this was possible 

Of course it was possible but I don't really see what the toughness of the match has to do with anything.

I think he meant one of Arbroath's few (relatively) glamorous matches.

The BBC wouldn't be interested in Arbroath v. QoS, Ayr, Morton, Raith, Hamilton & co, unless one of them was going for promotion.

Killie, Dunfermline and Thistle are nearest thing to Championship box office.

6 minutes ago, skygod said:

I think he meant one of Arbroath's few (relatively) glamorous matches.

The BBC wouldn't be interested in Arbroath v. QoS, Ayr, Morton, Raith, Hamilton & co, unless one of them was going for promotion.

Killie, Dunfermline and Thistle are nearest thing to Championship box office.

Exactly what I meant. It’s one of the only Arbroath games that the BBC will give a toss about

24 minutes ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

Went up there by train way back in monochrome times.

Jim McFadzean gave me and a few others some complimentary tickets outside. Much appreciated  - after the trip up from Queen Street.

Can't remember the score.... DO remember the nearby North Sea waves ????

1968 (so, psychedelic rather than monochrome !!!) - Killie won 2-1. Attendance 1,980

3 hours ago, Chardee MacDennis said:

never went to aberdeen cup match 3 days after the beast from the east hit then!?  ooft, now THAT was cold

Remember locals giving our group credit for travelling that day as we walked through the city. Not cold though as we were absolutely gassed.