What went wrong last season?

Bullitt

Taking a massive assumption that we'll be there or thereabouts for promotion this year....I'm glad we got relegated now.....if only to all ow TW the justification to to properly clear the squad, and not having us laden with the 'loyalty' and wages of "those that kept us up".

I loved some of those outgoing players, but we are missing none of them right now. Not a one.

St Mirren are just not clicking just now. worth watching.

Onwards and (back) upwards for us though.

19 minutes ago, dasboag said:

.....if only to all ow TW the justification to to properly clear the squad, and not having us laden with the 'loyalty' and wages of "those that kept us up".

They were almost all out of contract so the manager could have had a clear-out regardless of whether we were relegated.

McGowan, Haunstrup, McKenzie and Power were the only players under contract and we offloaded two of them.

Being relegated probably meant that the rebuild could be done more comfortably within budget. 

On 8/21/2021 at 1:04 PM, Thebigguy68 said:

The defence of a wronged ex killie captain. Hardly a love in. His form was poor last season along with practically everyone else wearing the jersey. But the abuse he suffers by fans on here deserves to be stood up to. 

No it doesn't, "I luv kirk by the bigguy68" soon to be followed by "It wisnae Gary either" They took us down after 28 years, both (Bullies) in charge of the dressing room, both responsible 100%

Killie don't go down last season if COVID had never happened. The season before continues and Dyer becomes even more clearly out his depth with the fans letting the board know exactly what they think. If for some reason they keep him on, then he's gone before Christmas in the next season for the same reason. If Tommy gets the job even a month earlier and we stay up with a few games spare.

4 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Killie don't go down last season if COVID had never happened. The season before continues and Dyer becomes even more clearly out his depth with the fans letting the board know exactly what they think. If for some reason they keep him on, then he's gone before Christmas in the next season for the same reason. If Tommy gets the job even a month earlier and we stay up with a few games spare.

Think all of this is bang on. Think we end up in the playoffs of thereabouts at the end of the cancelled season for sure 

23 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

We get to welcome Kirk back on Sat. I’d ignore him and not let him feed off any crowd reaction. We can let him know what we think if we win the game or he starts his s**tehousery. I don’t think this will be a game for the purist. 

From what I've heard Caley are a bit like the Morton side we played in the cup (albeit with a better standard of player). A big, hardworking striker to play off of and looking to get wingers in behind (mainly Gardyne). We struggled against Ugwu in the 'Ton game so hopefully we handle Duku better.

17 hours ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

I think that could well be true, but I think there's every chance we might have been relegated in the truncated Covid season rather than last season if it hadn't been stopped.  We were pretty much in freefall and performances were as bad as results, not helped by Dyer's bizarre refusal to play our best defensive partnership.

On 8/21/2021 at 9:43 AM, Thebigguy68 said:

His departure was announced at same time as laffery, kiltie and pinnock all who we were trying to keep. Several days after TW immediate cull. Would indicate at least consideration of potential to want to keep him. Consistent with idea he was not a “cancer” as some have suggested.

Broadfoot is a difficult one. He's shown over his whole career he can play for the shirt. He gave us some very good performances in the Clarke era.

In the second playoff game against Dundee he played a role where we tried to build everything through him after we went down two goals. I wonder if that's because he was the only one who didn't hide and was fighting for the club. 

There were signs he was an issue (blaming Rossi for him being skinned at Well for example) but the reality was that he declined below top flight standard at the worst possible time and we had nobody to replace him as Medley was a bomb scare. He should never have been brought back after his comments about Alessio as they were unprofessional. If he hadn't returned he'd have been looked at favourably by the majority of us.

10 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Broadfoot had a lot of the ball at home against Dundee (most notably in that game but it was similar in others) because opposition were happy to let him have it because he couldn't use it constructively to save his life!

He had a lot of the ball because most of the others had already given up and he was still trying IMO

2 hours ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Broadfoot had a lot of the ball at home against Dundee (most notably in that game but it was similar in others) because opposition were happy to let him have it because he couldn't use it constructively to save his life!

“ We must make sure their worst players get the ball the most. You’ll get it back in no time.” -Johan Cruyff 

3 hours ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

He had a lot of the ball because most of the others had already given up and he was still trying IMO

Was absolutely sick of the guy by the end but, to be fair, he did try in the 2nd leg of the playoff. He just couldn't do anything useful or constructive and Dundee knew it!

The way most gave up the minute we conceded was a disgrace.