Hamilton Away Fred

C4mmy31

Started well but fizzed out a bit for me.

Defensively we look sound. Not enough urgency about us at times. Polworth started well but faded, Burke has flirted with anonymity but showed more in the last five. Robinson hasn’t had great service although he won every high ball early on. 

Sitting behind the goal you get a better look at shape. Too many times the space is down our left but Haunstrup won’t take the breaks off and go. IMO he should be encouraged to hit the line at every opportunity.

We are creating chances but yet to give anyone a really good sight of goal

It’s a worry fir cameron that he’s behind Robinson in the central striker list. I’d have cameron in that role ahead of Robinson every time. But hopefully we will have other options before next game. We are decent. Good at this level. But far from a team that’s going to walk away with the league. Good central striker and a Fraser Murray that has shown in flashes and we will be ok over the season. But today is about shaping back to killie with 3 points.

Started and ended the half really well and it all went a bit flat in between. Looking solid defensively again and I really like the set up of our midfield. McKenzie has played well although there is so much space down the left hand side it is crying out for Fraser Murray to use his pace and get to the byeline.

Let's hope for an early second half goal and kick on from there ?

I’d much rather watch us knock the ball around, control game’s and wait for a goal than kick and rush. We are in total control, look very comfortable and the goal will come. 
Remember there is another team with 10 men behind the ball when we have it. Hamilton’s shape is really good and denying us space through the middle and right hand side. 
Patience is the key here as it will be in lots of games this year