Your favourite of this team of players

Dillinger

There’s a lot to like and I don’t think I’ve got a favourite yet. In all the games I’ve been at I’ve seen someone different come to the fore and think they’ll be a big player for us.

Euan Murray is one you can easily get behind. Heart on the sleeve professional who puts everything into it for 90+ minutes.

Been really surprised by McGinn. He’s strolled through games so far. Pivotal in the way the side play. Barely wastes possession and covers well.

Keeper is also worth a mention. Nice to feel that confidence in a goalie again. Hasn’t been the busiest so far but stepped up when required to make big saves. Love his ability to come and claim a cross as well

So difficult at the moment. 

Hemming has made a huge difference in goals.

Back 4 has been solid, Murray being at the heart of that, but taking nothing away from Naismith and Haunstrup in particular. 

Midfield 3 are my personal favourite. McGinn runs the show from deep, Alston seems to have the energy and Polworth has without doubt the quality in the final 3rd.

Wee Robinson took both goals fantastically yesterday and obviously Rory and Burke you tend to know what you're getting. Superb.

But for me the midfield 3 and the goalkeeper are my favourites at the moment

A few games in and i like the look of Polworth and McGinn + the two Centre backs. Both Keepers so far.

Polworth is the creative technical player we have missed for a while now, Links well with the forwards , Always looking to pass forward and not scared to misplace a pass or two. I think he will add goals to the Team himself too.

McGinn i was unsure about beofre he arrived. But i think the Manager has gave him a role in the midfield that suits him. Linking between the defence and Midfield, Reads the game well and picks up the ball from interceptions and misplaced passes, But more Mobile than Dicker was, Plus better range of passes. Also looks and behaves like a team Leader. He is a better player than i tyhought he was , Perhaps at Hibs the role was different. Thought he was okay at ST.Mirren.

The two centre backs i like a lot and as the season goes on their Teamwork together will become even better. Both are defend first, No messing about trying to be Van Dike, The seem to read the game well and can play out from the back. Again both seem to be Team Leaders. I can see a few goals from corners soon.

Keeper being so tall does not always mean good at coming for crosses, But these two have shown they can deal with high balls. Both being big have a presence about them and seem calm under pressure, Although it will be easier to judge them when we come up against a Team who put us under pressure.

Recruitment has been impressive and fair play to the Manager so far. Just need a striker in the building.

3 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Of all the new recruits euan Murray for me. No nonsense defender, shouts all the time, wins everything in the air and shows a lot of passion.

Burke if we’re talking the whole squad. Just top class

Think the thread should be favourite player after Chris Burke, the guy is too good for this league.

So far it certainly looks like we have the strongest eleven and the strongest squad in the league. One or two careful additions and it could be a brilliant and enjoyable season for us. Tommy has recruited exceptionally well it seems, is talking up our young players and even the “meh” reaction signings of guys like Alston are proving to be excellent pieces of business. 

Murray and the keeper are the picks so far as I think we’ve lacked all last season in that area. McGinn I have to admit was someone I never really was too enamoured with when he played against us but he’s a far superior footballer than I ever gave him credit for. 

Three wins, three clean sheets, two strikers to arrive in the next week or so, and I’ve left NDP for the first time in years enjoying a game of football. Beautiful things!

10 hours ago, Bullitt said:

So far it certainly looks like we have the strongest eleven and the strongest squad in the league. One or two careful additions and it could be a brilliant and enjoyable season for us. Tommy has recruited exceptionally well it seems, is talking up our young players and even the “meh” reaction signings of guys like Alston are proving to be excellent pieces of business. 

Murray and the keeper are the picks so far as I think we’ve lacked all last season in that area. McGinn I have to admit was someone I never really was too enamoured with when he played against us but he’s a far superior footballer than I ever gave him credit for. 

Three wins, three clean sheets, two strikers to arrive in the next week or so, and I’ve left NDP for the first time in years enjoying a game of football. Beautiful things!

Alston in particular has really impressed me. During the cup games he looked like he was towing a caravan but is really smart with his positioning and breaking up of play. In fact, there's only really Fraser Murray who I've been even a teeny bit disappointed in but I do have faith that he'll come good.

ETA - a full squad of guys who seem like gid yins, hard workers and smart footballers. This'll no dae.

Edited by Cill Mheàrnaig

3 hours ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Alston in particular has really impressed me. During the cup games he looked like he was towing a caravan but is really smart with his positioning and breaking up of play. In fact, there's only really Fraser Murray who I've been even a teeny bit disappointed in but I do have faith that he'll come good.

ETA - a full squad of guys who seem like gid yins, hard workers and smart footballers. This'll no dae.

Murray was excellent in cup games. Armstrong, though, is taking a little longer to make any impression